Karl (a.k.s Minority KY)

5 posters

Go down

Karl (a.k.s Minority KY) Empty Karl (a.k.s Minority KY)

Post by Karl / MKY Sun May 14, 2023 5:35 pm

Hi all,

As the title states, I'm Karl, 33 from the UK. I live with my missus and 4 month old daughter, work as a train driver, and mostly game in my spare time.

I picked up OSRS due the arrival of my daughter in January, and knew game time would be at a premium, so started thinking about point-click games that didn't require too much keyboard input. I used to play way back when it was better known as RS2, when I was a teenager, I've also done a decent stint in RS3 in more recent years on/off. I'm currently halfway through my first month of P2P in OSRS, and trying to grind away at quests before any major skilling, or other content. As it stand, 95/156 quests (or 180/293 points) are done. On that note, shout out to Bromilah coming to my rescue during regicide when I was 10hp and out of food. As much as I'm not quite at the level to offer out advice that already can't be found on Wiki, hopefully I can help out and be active when I can.

I also play plenty of stuff on steam, currently flicking between OSRS, Rocket League and Modern Warfare 2, and a few other multiplayer games with friend in there as well. Happy to play something other than RS if others are good for it.

See you all in-game!
Karl
Karl / MKY
Karl / MKY

Back to top Go down

Karl (a.k.s Minority KY) Empty Welcome Minority KY

Post by Natalia Sun May 14, 2023 8:50 pm

Hello Karl, and welcome (back).

Your play style hits close to home with balancing fun time against family and work time. OSRS certainly provides a lot of opportunities to get some play time in, especially with the mobile app. My account has a similar amount of progression right now, so if you'd like to do some quests or skilling together let me know. If you have any questions about how the game has changed the chat is usually full of people ready to jump on the answer.

I'm also interested in your job. Is there a lot of down time? Also what does a career progession look like?

Looking forward to seeing you in the chat and in-game.

Cheers!

Sincerely,
NoMoreBeer4U
Natalia
Natalia

Karl (a.k.s Minority KY) YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Karl (a.k.s Minority KY) Empty Re: Karl (a.k.s Minority KY)

Post by RedIrishTank Sun May 14, 2023 9:59 pm

Hey Karl!

Welcome to osrs. Congratz on your new baby daughter! Glad to see you are playing osrs again. It's great coming back to the game and getting into the swing of things, especially after growing up playing osrs and then coming back years later as a adult and really being able to enjoy it a lot more.

I also play mw2, I have played rocket league at one point of my life. I started to get pretty decent at it then well life changed and I quit playing that game. The two games that will always be a go to game is osrs and call of duty even though it seems to be the same old deal with the cod franchise but I like the challenge of trying to be the best and the fastest when playing cod.

Welcome and hope you stick around!
RedIrishTank
RedIrishTank

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Tue May 16, 2023 11:07 am

Howdy Karl,

Huge congratulations on your daughter! My daughter joined this world this January as well! RuneScape is definitely the perfect game to afk while taking care of the little one. It's an exciting time and I know you'll have an amazing one. Smile

I'll be seeing you around!

Alexander
Alexander
Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by iB E A S T Wed May 24, 2023 10:44 am

Hey there Karl!
First off congratulations to both yourself and the missus on your beautiful baby girl. I wish you guys nothing but health and happiness! Also, Welcome back to RS! Are you enjoying OSRS as much as you have RS3? If you ever have any questions always feel free to reach out Smile This community here is one giant family.

Stay safe,
Ally
iB E A S T
iB E A S T

Back to top Go down