Natalia
Purple Dude
ZBLU
9 posters

Go down

Journey to maxed hcim Empty Journey to maxed hcim

Post by ZBLU Sat May 06, 2023 10:02 am

Hey there lovely person who is reading my post! Pepo Heart  

welcome to my journal of my journey with my hcim which I'm planning to start playing again.

I had such a good conversation about boundaries for HCIM and what purple dude had set for himself. This was very inspirational conversation which we had and he also gave link to this post which can be found here: https://www.osrsadvice.com/t2851-fun-adventures-and-progress-with-hcim-purple-dude-_

I was very discouraged to continue playing with my HCIM because I was surrounded in the past by the players who risked a lot with their HCIM and one of my ingame friend had restarted his HCIM at least 10 times before quitting due to burning out. So I kinda quit playing with my HCIM, as I got burned out by people who were saying I wasn't true HCIM as I wasn't risking that much.

My biggest problem was that I never thought of setting goals and boundaries for my HCIM and I played pretty casually. Which is not wrong. The initial reason why I got interested in playing as HCIM was that it reminds me a lot of the old days and dying meant that your items were up for grab.

Starting point

Journey to maxed hcim Jgi98VF

Boundaries and rules for my HCIM:

My main goal is to get maxed by playing safely and setting boundaries which activities I can do and what I cannot do. This safe playing includes using ring of life everytime I have to do something that includes losing the hcim status and having at least one teletab to spamclick incase of disconnection. Having auto retaliation always on when doing these risky activities is a must.

- Quests to avoid:
-- Taste of hope, Sotf, Sote, Sotn, Theatre, Mm2, Ds2, Cursed sands No

- Main motto is: play safe even if it would mean using an extra prayer potion dose than losing your hcim status.

Short term goals:

- Lost tribe quest for ring of life
- 82 fishing level -- for tempoross permits, to get the best rewards (such as sharks, manta rays, seaturtles, etc and dragon harpoon)
- Dragon harpoon

Medium term goals:

- Creating teletabs
- Easy & medium combat achievement for the pest control perks that gives access to better prayer leveling option (safecore)
- Family crest
- Enter the abyss

Longer term goals:

- 126 combat
- Maxed HCIM

Notes for myself:

- Normal progression slayer:
-- Turael -- Vannaka -- Chaeldar -- Konar (stay for the keys)
- Can't do hard combat achievement -- too risky for my boundaries
- Fight caves is safe death

This is pretty short for now but I will be adding things here progressively and try to keep it updated

Thank you to Purple Dude for being big inspiration and helping me to get back to my HCIM Pepo Heart
ZBLU
ZBLU

Back to top Go down

Journey to maxed hcim Empty Re: Journey to maxed hcim

Post by Purple Dude Sat May 06, 2023 11:41 am

Always happy to help inspire other HCIM Progress ^^

Good luck on the journey ! Very Happy bounce

Journey to maxed hcim NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalia Sat May 06, 2023 1:12 pm

Hello,

Looking forward to following you along the journey. Feel encouraged to play your own style and do whatever you enjoy. Although there's always a level of risk to HCIM, managing that is a part of the account type and a totally personal choice when it comes to trying riskier activities. So many accounts were lost to the idea of "it won't happen to me" or even a simple lapse of judgement/focus.

Best wishes!

Respectfully,
NoMoreBeer4U

Natalia
Natalia

Journey to maxed hcim YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Reececup Sun May 07, 2023 8:54 am

Hey there Blu! I wish you the best of luck with your HCIM man. As far as people telling you that you're not a "true" HCIM because you play safe is them mad that their HCIM died lol. I think you have a good foundation set with your goals and look forward to seeing your progress Smile
Reececup
Reececup

Back to top Go down

Post by iB E A S T Mon May 08, 2023 3:20 am

Hey Blu! A HC grind is unlike any other and I have nothing but respect for you upon making this your goal. You seem determined and I can't wait to see this account as you put your all into it! This is the very exciting start to a very taxing journey. Never forget, you're not in this alone Smile the clan is here to support you every single step of the way. Good luck my friend and enjoy the grind!

~Ally
iB E A S T
iB E A S T

Back to top Go down

Post by Namagon Tue May 09, 2023 1:48 am

good luck on this journey ..
Namagon
Namagon

Back to top Go down

Post by rootb Tue May 09, 2023 5:53 pm

I'm not a person to have a bunch of alts, but I've regularly considered playing an HCIM. Your strategy sounds good, best of luck!
rootb
rootb

Back to top Go down

Post by RedIrishTank Tue May 09, 2023 7:08 pm

I like it! I never really thought about some of this stuff with my hci other than knowing just to play it safe.

I'm looking forward to seeing your progression!

Always remember too. Who cares what others think or say. Keep up the great work and never let others opinions keep you from reaching your HCI goal or any goal for that fact.
RedIrishTank
RedIrishTank

Back to top Go down

Post by Musicked Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:36 am

Good luck!! The point of being a HCIM is playing independently without dying, in my eyes it doesn’t matter what it takes to stay alive. Don’t listen to elitists when it comes to this, just play the way you enjoy playing it:) It’s never worth losing your status because someone else told you to risk it. Your independent account, your rules. Love to see what you achieve in the future!
Musicked
Musicked

Back to top Go down