Hello all :)

5 posters

Go down

Hello all :) Empty Hello all :)

Post by Lirael Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:46 am

Hello everyone,

My name's Lirael (well, it's not, but that's my RSN and I've barely started this introduction and I'm waffling aren't I?) and I'm glad to meet you all Smile

For the last few days I'd been lurking in the clan chat, trying to judge if this clan was the nice and friendly place it purported to be. Then last night I drummed up the courage to respond to something in the chat and immediately got a bunch of nice responses about my RSN and the series of books its from and was touched. I had been planning on waiting a week or so but I immediately decided this was the place for me - so thank you to everyone who spoke to me (and sorry to anyone who talked to me that I wasn't exactly the best conversationalist - I'm slow at the best of times and I was playing Guardians of the Rift so it was extra hard to hold a conversation Embarassed )

I played Runescape from 2004-2012 before starting OSRS around 18 months ago (with the same account!). I initially started back up with the intent of completing all quests, as quests are my favourite thing to do Smile but who knows where the journey will take me. At the moment I'm about 15 quests from done, but obviously some of those are the hardest - Dragon Slayer II, Song of the Elves, Sins of the Father, etc...

I enjoy just about every part of Runescape, but other than quests, skilling and minigames are probably my favourites. I do like some PvM as well but rarely in large doses (not that I have the combat level currently to do much PvM in OSRS Razz). PvP is something I've only rarely explored and am relatively unlikely to, although LMS could be fun...

I like to play in slightly weird ways and explore little-used content. To give some examples: one time in RS2 I made a few mill GP by brewing large amounts of mature dwarven stout using 'The Stuff' from Trouble Brewing... I also owned full Void Knight equipment in RS2 before the update that actually made it useful (i.e. gave it the set bonuses) Razz . In OSRS I've been playing mostly like an Ironman with my skilling, despite not being an Ironman. I also managed at one point to have all of my stats between 60 and 69, because it seemed like a fun challenge without buying any skilling supplies Laughing and currently have most of the supplies to make a couple of thousand tuna potatos, all self-farmed. Just need to go milk some cows and make butter...

IRL, I'm a happily married individual living in the UK. I'm a huge introvert - quite quiet and shy, not to mention bad at keeping up with group conversation, so don't expect me to be the most frequent talker Embarassed . Outside of RS I like to cook, do housework, read, and keep up with some competitive sports. I mostly follow football (soccer), international cricket, Formula 1 and the British Touring Car Championship. I rarely watch any of them except the BTCC but I do often listen to the radio (particularly when playing RS). I also play other games, mostly strategy and sometimes RPGs. I'm a big fan of Paradox's grand strategy games, even though I'm terrible at them Razz

And errr, oh... this is a bit longer than I intended. Embarassed Thank you to everyone for reading, and I don't blame you if you skipped parts of it Razz

p.s. Can I just say how nice it is to have an actual forum - feels like no one does that nowadays, it's all Discord. It's nice to be actually posting like this again, brings back good memories Razz
Lirael
Lirael

Back to top Go down

Hello all :) Empty Re: Hello all :)

Post by BitBug Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:35 am

What a nice lengthy intro! Great to see!

Getting a questcape is always a great way to get back into the game, the goals create themselves and there's always a reward at the end of it. Especially with questhelper now it's a much more pleasurable & modern experience compared to back in the day.

Obscure/dead content is one of the things that make this game what it is and playing it is a great way to enjoy the game.

I agree it's fun that we still have an oldschool style forum, I like to browse for the nostalgia sake but don't post much since I do prefer Discord in the end (booo, I know). I still remember making progress threads back in the day, so much fun. Nowadays I don't have much motivation to maintain stuff like that though, since progress on an UIM tends to be pretty tedious.

Always great to see longtime lurkers take that extra step to join for real! Looking forward to having a chat ingame!

Hello all :) 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dude Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:41 am

Heya Lirael, unique name, despite me not knowing the book origin Very Happy
Nice to hear you had a good first experience interacting with the clan, and that we lived up to expectations ^^

Quest cape is almost in your grasp too! :O Even got the fun Lore ones left, I hope you aren't member of spacebar gang, because the Lore is actually fun to read while doing the quests ^^

+1 for the rarely used content, before I became an iron, I used to do mature chefs delight with The Stuff on the side, back then I earned 1-2m each time I got the mature ones, was a fun little moneymaker Very Happy So you can definitely try this out in osrs too !

And nice long intro, thanks for taking the time to type out a well thought out intro ^^
And thanks for compliment regarding the forum, while Discord can be more convenient, it can be a lot less personal with just reactions on intros, replies to a forum post makes for a bit of a warmer welcome, in my humble opinion, so always glad to see that some new clannies like it and doesn't see it as just a hassle xD

Seeya around ingame ^^ bouncebounce

Hello all :) NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lirael Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:21 pm

BitBug wrote:I agree it's fun that we still have an oldschool style forum, I like to browse for the nostalgia sake but don't post much since I do prefer Discord in the end (booo, I know). I still remember making progress threads back in the day, so much fun. Nowadays I don't have much motivation to maintain stuff like that though, since progress on an UIM tends to be pretty tedious.
For sure! I totally get that Razz I'm contemplating whether or not to post a progress myself here myself so maybe you'll have another to browse soon Smile
Purple Dude wrote:Quest cape is almost in your grasp too! :O Even got the fun Lore ones left, I hope you aren't member of spacebar gang, because the Lore is actually fun to read while doing the quests ^^
Amusingly enough it's actually my combat that's holding me back  Embarassed but yeah, lots of lore! And quests that weren't in RS2 so entirely new for me! I'm looking forward to it, no way I would spacebar it Very Happy
+1 for the rarely used content, before I became an iron, I used to do mature chefs delight with The Stuff on the side, back then I earned 1-2m each time I got the mature ones, was a fun little moneymaker Very Happy So you can definitely try this out in osrs too !
Ooh, that still works? Maybe I need to check out Trouble Brewing again... I want some naval outfits anyway for fashionscape... Very Happy

Thank you for the kind words both! Looking forward to talking to you more Smile
Lirael
Lirael

Back to top Go down

Post by gfn Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:46 am

Hey Lirael, i love your intro post, really paints the picture, add me in OSRS if you fancy some company, because I'm often too busy to engage in the fast passed CC or don't have the time to catch up on all the discord discussions.

As a fellow UK Nerd, I would like for you to show me some of your favourite obscure content sometime. I hope you enjoy your time here.
gfn
gfn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lirael Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:46 pm

gfn wrote:Hey Lirael, i love your intro post, really paints the picture, add me in OSRS if you fancy some company, because I'm often too busy to engage in the fast passed CC or don't have the time to catch up on all the discord discussions.

As a fellow UK Nerd, I would like for you to show me some of your favourite obscure content sometime. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Thanks! I might do so, I'm not great with the Discord or CC when it gets fast either lol Embarassed
Lirael
Lirael

Back to top Go down

Post by shopferix Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:19 am

Hey Lirael and welcome to the clan and offsite! 
I am elated to hear about your great first impression from the clan, everyone is wonderfully welcoming and quite friendly (and sometimes even a little playful). 
I also agree with the nostalgia of the fourms, brings back dear memories from a time gone by when I was in a clan in RS2. I will say however the Discord is also quite fun, there is a very nice #recipes-for-disaster channel where we talk and show off our cooking, might be worth a checking out! 
All the best on your OSRS journey, nice to have you here with us, see you around!
shopferix
shopferix

Hello all :) YP5zkAJ

KBD

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum