Sadiemom
Jack Tomato
Guitarist141
anzu68
Midase
Jennirous
11 posters

Go down

You are all wonderful! Empty You are all wonderful!

Post by Jennirous Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:53 am

I just wanted to say a few things to spread some joy this holiday...

After getting to know some clannies I thought it would a be best for me to share this with all of you. I'm a nurse who specializes in mental health, as I have been working on the mental health floor for many years. I believe that mental health is very important and it is not talked about much in society. Some cultures believe mental health to be a taboo topic, which makes me very disappointed. No one should ever suppress their feelings inside because that only makes things worse. I want all of you to know that you never have to suppress any feelings, and if you ever want to talk to me about anything in game please let me know. You are never alone. Nothing is more important to me than knowing everyone's mental health is okay. After being in this clan for many months, I've noticed everyone helping each other out, and to me that is what life is all about. I am so happy everyone in this clan is super kind and down to earth. You are all amazing, beautiful, intelligent, talented individuals, and you are enough. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I hope all of you have a wonderful rest of the year, and please stay safe and warm this winter. ^^
Jennirous
Jennirous

You are all wonderful! YP5zkAJ

kermit

Back to top Go down

You are all wonderful! Empty Re: You are all wonderful!

Post by Midase Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:17 pm

i appreciate this, i have a lot of mental health difficulties, trying to get through it but its hard
Midase
Midase

Chompy

Back to top Go down

Post by anzu68 Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:26 pm

I second Jenni's post. As a male struggling with mental health majorly it sucks how real the stigma is. It also doesn't help that the Netherlands are...not the best mental health wise but passons. Slowly been improving even though my hygiene really is a mess though so there might be hope.

Anyway on to the main message: I am very grateful for all your help these past weeks Jenni. You've been very kind and I appreciate it. Same goes to everyone I've spoken to in the clan. For the rest: these are trying times. Majorly trying. BUT we've got one another and we support one another in the clan which helps. So there's hope we'll get through all this OK. Happy holidays everyone and hopefully things will look up soon. Best of luck.
anzu68
anzu68

You are all wonderful! OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitarist141 Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:38 pm

Fruuuuiiiitttt!
You've always been positive and upbeat, and I appreciate that! I'm glad you've joined the CC and we've met. Life is hard, and mental health can get bruised easily...but harder to discuss and talk about. Thank you for spreading some positivity around. Smile

Have a great holiday season~
Jon
Guitarist141
Guitarist141

Goats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Tomato Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:06 pm

thank you jenni we appreciate you!!!!!!!!
Jack Tomato
Jack Tomato

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennirous Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:53 pm

@Midase You're welcome ^^ It isn't easy but I am proud of how far you came. Let me know if you need any help with stress management and relaxation techniques.

@anzu68 I'm so happy to hear that your hygiene is getting better Smile No matter how long things take, slow improvements are better than none, so I'm glad to see things are looking brighter for you. You are most certainly right! We have each other, which is why I love this clan so much. Everyone has each other's backs to help one another get through tough times.

@Guitarist141 Jooooooooooonnnn!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy we have met too! Of course! Everyone is so kind and helpful in the cc it makes me so happy too Smile I believe that a little positivity can go a long way <3

@Jack Halpert You're very welcome ^^
Jennirous
Jennirous

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by anzu68 Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:23 pm

cutejenni wrote: @Midase You're welcome ^^ It isn't easy but I am proud of how far you came. Let me know if you need any help with stress management and relaxation techniques.

@anzu68 I'm so happy to hear that your hygiene is getting better Smile No matter how long things take, slow improvements are better than none, so I'm glad to see things are looking brighter for you. You are most certainly right! We have each other, which is why I love this clan so much. Everyone has each other's backs to help one another get through tough times.

@Guitarist141 Jooooooooooonnnn!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy we have met too! Of course! Everyone is so kind and helpful in the cc it makes me so happy too Smile I believe that a little positivity can go a long way <3

@Jack Halpert You're very welcome ^^

@Jenni: Yeah when I posted that I was way off. My hygiene has tanked Sad Don't meet me IRL. BUT to compensate for that I'm working on private research that A. will be great for my portfolio and B. I love doing so I'm really excited. Going to continue it til 1am, sleep, and work on it later today if I can.
anzu68
anzu68

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiemom Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:45 am

Thank you, Jenni,

As a person living with mental health and other atypical brain profile challenges, I appreciate your post.
This has been a good clan for me. Many in and out patient mental health professionals have gotten me through some pretty tough and challenging times a well as straight up saved my life.
I thank you for your service. Even if you don't know it you probably have inspired hope in someone despairing and they are alive for it.

To others reading this, I have had some terrible, dark times and have truly come out the other side of the darkest of them. There isn't a magic formula but if you need to chat online I am also willing to chat about IRL in game.
Sadiemom
Sadiemom

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennirous Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:28 am

@Sadiemom Thank you so much for your kind words! This is why I love my job because I can save lives in many ways such as helping others get through tough times. Thank you for sharing your experiences too, and know that you are never alone <3
Jennirous
Jennirous

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by anzu68 Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:27 am

I second sadiemom. I don't have much experience but whatever I have is yours.

@Jenni. You've given me hope a number of times. Still not out of the woods yet but talking to you does help. BTW do you know whether buying a futon or a couch is worth it if sleeping in a bed causes night terrors? I need some normal sleep.
anzu68
anzu68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:24 pm

I know everybody appreciates the positivity you bring!
Bob
Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennirous Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:48 pm

@anzu68 I don't recommend a coach or futon bed because it is really bad for your back posture while you sleep. I recommend you to not have any sugar before bed. I also recommend you to take melatonin gummies if you are having trouble sleeping. Talk about this with your therapist coach first beforehand.

@Bob Awww thank you! I sure hope so!
Jennirous
Jennirous

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by anzu68 Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:00 pm

cutejenni wrote: @anzu68 I don't recommend a coach or futon bed because it is really bad for your back posture while you sleep. I recommend you to not have any sugar before bed. I also recommend you to take melatonin gummies if you are having trouble sleeping. Talk about this with your therapist coach first beforehand.

@Bob Awww thank you! I sure hope so!

@Jenni: no worries, I found out that valerian tea 1x a week helps a lot. And last night I got 8 hours of sleep despite bad dreams so should be fine. I will consider the melatonin though Smile Thanks!
anzu68
anzu68

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost Vegeta Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:17 pm

Mental health is a hard topic for most, especially with this whole pandemic thing going on. I really appreciate your post!
Lost Vegeta
Lost Vegeta

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennirous Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:32 pm

Awww I'm glad! ^^ Yes it really is a difficult topic, but should not be ignored.
Jennirous
Jennirous

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:27 am

This is a really sweet post, jenni.

I got a lot of help from people in CC when I first joined. People I barely knew, that didn't owe me anything, let alone their deepest confidence. It did a lot to help me work towards learning how to open up myself. I know how much what you're offering can mean to somebody. Sometimes even just the reassurance that you're not struggling alone can be incredibly precious.

Good on you for putting this out in the open. This time of year tends to take its toll on people, whether you enjoy the holidays or not, and it can be easy to forget to take care of yourself with so much going on. So, thank you very much for the reminder. Wishing you the best this Christmas as well I love you

You are all wonderful! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by anzu68 Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:05 pm

Syllabic wrote:This is a really sweet post, jenni.

I got a lot of help from people in CC when I first joined. People I barely knew, that didn't owe me anything, let alone their deepest confidence. It did a lot to help me work towards learning how to open up myself. I know how much what you're offering can mean to somebody. Sometimes even just the reassurance that you're not struggling alone can be incredibly precious.

Good on you for putting this out in the open. This time of year tends to take its toll on people, whether you enjoy the holidays or not, and it can be easy to forget to take care of yourself with so much going on. So, thank you very much for the reminder. Wishing you the best this Christmas as well I love you

100% true on all counts. Christmas-mid Feb are my hardest months (well summer too but meh)...so fair warning: I'll most likely be super hyper, wild and batshit crazy randomly til March.

That having been said I wish you, Vegeta, Jenni and everyone in the clan much luck with the holidays, the pandemic, pretty much everything. For comfort I leave you with this passage from the Iliad:
'For on Zeus's threshold two jars stand, full of
gifts, which the god grants, - jar of good and jar of evil.
Of them lightning-lord Zeus a mixture gives;
now good, now evil he does grant.' (Iliad, book 24 lines 527-530). The passage pretty much means good and bad times cycle.

Happy holidays!
anzu68
anzu68

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:25 pm

You got me searching for my copy of the Iliad, not opened since my school days and 'a' levels when I studded greek and roman literature in translation !! and passed.I think as it was unusual at the time it actually made people curious enough to give me job interviews !1 not sure what part it ever played in banking or floristry Smile
I'm glad this thread exists and that everyone is so supportive, no matter how lucky you perceive yourself to be there are often moments of doubt and uncertainty and these are trying times for which we have no formula so big hugs all round, it means a lot and be good to yourselves and others Smile
ladybird2

You are all wonderful! NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by anzu68 Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:52 pm

ladybird2 wrote:You got me searching for  my copy of the Iliad, not opened since my school days and 'a' levels when I studded greek and roman literature in translation !! and passed.I think as it was unusual at the time it actually made people curious enough to  give  me job interviews !1 not sure what part it ever played in banking or  floristry Smile
I'm glad this thread exists and that everyone is so supportive, no matter how  lucky you perceive yourself to be there are often moments of doubt and uncertainty and these are trying times for  which we have  no formula so big hugs all round, it means a lot and be good to yourselves and others Smile

Damn I wish I lived in your time. I've translated so much extra curricular and advanced stuff (such as Thucydides/Josephus/Sophocles et al.) and never even got a single academic distinction, let alone an interview Sad But yeah I have a Greek copy of the Iliad, and I have a translation I made on Google Drives; should you wish to see it I can share the link privately. And fun fact: translating the Georgics would actually make you a very good farmer, good enough to make wine, rear cattle, and sustain yourself by farming. (Translate the Georgics people)

And yeah the supportive element in this clan is amazing. Huge thanks for that and very grateful for it. my DM's/RS messages/PM's offsite are always open if anyone needs them.
anzu68
anzu68

Back to top Go down

Post by mirkwoodian Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:03 am

My mental health has definitely improved just by being in this CC. There's some effort on my part, but being around the jokey/helpful vibes works wonders.
mirkwoodian
mirkwoodian

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum