Tao Flow
Chcn
Involus
GabeN_1992
9 posters

Go down

Gday! Empty Gday!

Post by GabeN_1992 Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:59 am

Hey guys. New account and long time player here.

I'm 28 years old from Western Australia and I've been playing all variations of Runescape off and on since I was about 10 years old. Right now I work full time and like to casually play after work and on the weekends.
Prior to making my account a few months ago I played classic WoW for the last year and a half. Raiding became a bit too demanding and stressful for me so I'm back to a more relaxing mmo experience with osrs.
My long term goal is to get a quest cape. It was the first cape I ever got in rs3 and it'll be the same for osrs! Currently at 181QP. After that I'm sure I'll grind Slayer as it has always been my favourite skill.
I'm a very relaxed person that's always up for a chat, and I'm looking forward to becoming part of the community.

PS: I play guitar and like heavy metal Twisted Evil

Cheers! Very Happy
GabeN_1992
GabeN_1992

Back to top Go down

Gday! Empty Re: Gday!

Post by Involus Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:09 am

Welcome and best of luck on the quest cape grind!
Involus
Involus

Gday! M2gyq

Back to top Go down

Post by Chcn Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:00 am

Hey Gaben, welcome to the clan! I never played WoW is it more time consuming than oldschool? Or just the raiding part of it?
Chcn
Chcn

Gday! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tao Flow Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:42 am

Hey Gabe, welcome! Quest cape is a fantastic goal to start with, gets you lots of xp and unlocks loads of content. Good luck with the grind, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask the cc. There's a lot of new content if you haven't played in a while.

Cheers! Happy Pepo
-Tao

Gday! U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:36 am

Howdy Gabe, thanks for the intro and welcome aboard!

It could just be my mush brain but I'm fairly certain we have several players from Australia here - it's always great to see more diversity added to our group Smile

I played a bit of WoW years ago when some of my friends convinced me. Started off as a rogue class (I think?) and then moved on to a Demon Hunter class, which was super fun. Never tried classic myself, it never appealed to me because I never played WoW as a kid I guess but who knows, I've heard good things about the game and may give it a shot if I ever get super bored on OSRS.

GabeN_1992 wrote:PS: I play guitar and like heavy metal Twisted Evil
Now this is super cool stuff dude Etongo

Good luck on the QP and slayer grind, by the way. It's good to have ya!

Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Gday! 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maebious Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:45 pm

Welcome to the cc Gaben!
I'm in the same boat WoW got too demanding having to turn up each week glad you've found a more chilled and casual game to invest in Smile
Best of luck on your QPC hope to see you around
Maebious

Back to top Go down

Post by GabeN_1992 Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:22 pm

Chcn wrote:Hey Gaben, welcome to the clan! I never played WoW is it more time consuming than oldschool? Or just the raiding part of it?

I wouldn't say more time consuming, but if you're raiding it becomes very demanding in that you play X times a week at a certain time every week, no exceptions really. You also spend a lot of time outside of the game theorycrafting and discussing strategies etc to refine your raids. You've also got 39 other people relying on you. It becomes a second job in a sense. I like to be able to play whenever I want and whenever I don't want haha
GabeN_1992
GabeN_1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Legna Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:46 pm

Ello. Welcome to the CC. I hope you enjoy your stay Smile
Legna
Legna

Gday! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:15 am

Welcome, and have fun getting the quest cape Smile
OmniRick
OmniRick

Gday! YP5zkAJ

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:43 pm

Insanely late on this, I know, but I just had to ask on the off chance that you end up checking this again:

PS: I play guitar and like heavy metal

What kinda metal are you into? Always looking for stuff I haven't heard before Etongo Not musically talented myself though, unfortunately. Always been super jealous of people who are Razz

Gday! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by GabeN_1992 Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:54 pm

Syllabic wrote:What kinda metal are you into? Always looking for stuff I haven't heard before Etongo Not musically talented myself though, unfortunately. Always been super jealous of people who are Razz

Most sub-genres of metal i enjoy to some extent. I'd say more than anything though I prefer prog-metal and djent. I'm a massive Between the Buried and Me fan when it comes to prog. As far as djent is concerned I'm real big on Meshuggah, Born of Osiris and Northlane.
I also really really enjoy European metal, specifically Scandinavian. Wintersun, Moonsorrow, Suotana, Turmion Katilot...

I could go on all day about music haha
GabeN_1992
GabeN_1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:25 am

Oh dude, hell yeah. Huge prog fan! Not so much BTBAM, but I'm big into stuff like Haken, The Ocean, Caligula's Horse. Been listening to the new VOLA album a lot lately. That kinda thing. Lotta metalcore recently as well (which I think Northlane counts as? One of my dream tours is getting to see them + ERRA).

You should share on the #music channel on Discord some time! It's not near as active as it used to be, but it sounds like you've got good taste, and I'm always on the lookout for new music Happy Pepo

Gday! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by GabeN_1992 Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:37 pm

Ah yes I'm familiar with all of them. Seen Northlane, Haken and The Ocean live.

I'll try and keep an eye out on the music channel Smile
GabeN_1992
GabeN_1992

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum