Looking for a mentor

3 posters

Go down

Looking for a mentor Empty Looking for a mentor

Post by Doc Meow Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:15 pm

Greetings everyone!  So I have never really done any pvm apart from slayer, hespori and some barrows.  I was hoping to find someone that would be willing to teach me some new bosses to help expand my pvming knowledge!  I have tried to learn Sarachnis but tend to get nervous and tele out at the slightest hint of danger.  I am unfortunately an Ironman with no real way to pay for mentoring as of yet.

Last edited by KickingRacc on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Doc Meow
Doc Meow

farm

Back to top Go down

Looking for a mentor Empty Re: Looking for a mentor

Post by Syllabic Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:16 pm

I have tried to learn Sarachnis but tend to get nervous and tele out at the slightest hint of danger

SIGN ME UP

Looking for a mentor NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Meow Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:22 pm

That would be awesome syllabic! Would you recommend Sarach as kind of a beginner boss to progress into "higher tier" bosses. I was looking to sort of ease myself up the ladder so to speak. I can grind out some barrows also if that is what you would advise before jumping into bosses, I only have 3 pieces of barrows gear so far.
Doc Meow
Doc Meow

farm

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:14 pm

I'm a little biased, but Sarachnis is one of my favourite bosses, and was pretty much my first foray to bossing (unless you wanna count KBD). It's a good introduction to slightly more advanced prayer switching, and I can see some of the loot actually being pretty useful for an iron.

Do you have any Karil's pieces? Those are really the only Barrows pieces I'd recommend having. Not totally necessary, but the mage defence is pretty crucial there at lower levels, since you end up eating a lot of hits from the minions. Dhide also works, or a fighter torso if you've got one. You'll also want your best crush weapon, whatever that happens to be. Leaf-bladed axe is a good choice if you've got one Thumbs Up

But yeah, name a time and I'd be happy to tag along. Not sure how smoothly things will go considering the main/ironman divide, but I'm sure we can make it work Razz

Looking for a mentor NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Crux Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:02 am

Hi there! I'm a main myself, but am happy to answer any questions about PvMing you may have - feel free to add me and shoot me a PM!
If you haven't already, join our Discord. There are plenty of people who can answer questions in regards to equipment/mechanics, as well as experienced ironmen who can answer iron-specific questions.
Depending on the boss, I would even be down to stream and walk you through some stuff. Whether or not you have your mic on is up to you, but as a mentor, walking someone through a boss is easier while speaking/sharing my screen. Of course, if that just isn't your jam, I'm happy to just chat in-game!

Best of luck to ya - see you around Smile
The Crux
The Crux

Looking for a mentor U7euiv5

Back to top Go down