Tinnitus
Syllabic
Gold Mew
7 posters

Go down

Gold Mew - Intro Empty Gold Mew - Intro

Post by Gold Mew Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:19 pm

Hello,

I started playing OSRS as the pandemic hit, and also being summer break from college.

I had another account a few years ago that i trained pretty high, but I ended up using a half-way basic macro to mine iron at the mining guild *mainly just clicking 3 points on the screen...* got perm banned and that was that. I still hate mining with a passion

I am a top Steam (PC) game collector with well over 14,000+ Games (shown) on Steam #6 ranked in North America
I run a PC Game/Sale Youtube Channel: GamingTaylor
I am very active in Steam communities and curation: Same As above

I have played RS off and on Since 2004.  I was and still am frustrated at "Eoc" back in 2011. Used to really love slaying with a primal rapier, and really wish the game didn't fall to crap. OSRS nowadays is good though, especially with runelite.

Gold Mew - Intro TmzlSQH

Last edited by Gold Mew on Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
Gold Mew
Gold Mew

Back to top Go down

Gold Mew - Intro Empty Re: Gold Mew - Intro

Post by Syllabic Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:34 pm

Hey Mew! You made your way over here pretty quick. Welcome back to the game! Got any specific grinds/goals you're working on?

Mining may actually be the worst skill in the game, for my money. I hate Runecrafting and Agility like everyone else, of course, but something about MLM crushes my spirit in a way that no other piece of content in this game can match. Not enough to want to bot, but I definitely understand why someone would.

That's A LOT of games, good lord. Makes some amount of sense if you're in the industry, but still Shocked Just had a look at your channel btw. Over 3k videos! That's some dedication. Will have to check it out properly some time!

Looking forward to having you with us Happy Pepo

Gold Mew - Intro NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:39 pm

Hey bud,

Nice to have you. I stalked around and looked up your YT channel - jeeez dude, you have 23K subs? Impressive stuff, my man. I see you've played quite a few of my favorite games (including Raft and Astroneer). I definitely get the whole some skills are super boring (especially true with mining, lol). What I usually do is watch either netflix or YT to help me out with grinds I don't like - I appreciate you mentioning your YT channel, there seems to be a huge amount of content for me to check out that would definitely help me during skilling. 

Definitely agree with the EoC update. Many of us were not happy campers. Although, if EoC wasn't implemented, we would never likely have OSRS, so at least that's the upside.

Looking forward to seeing you in game!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Gold Mew - Intro 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Mew Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:07 am

Syllabic wrote:Hey Mew! You made your way over here pretty quick. Welcome back to the game! Got any specific grinds/goals you're working on?

Mining may actually be the worst skill in the game, for my money. I hate Runecrafting and Agility like everyone else, of course, but something about MLM crushes my spirit in a way that no other piece of content in this game can match. Not enough to want to bot, but I definitely understand why someone would.

That's A LOT of games, good lord. Makes some amount of sense if you're in the industry, but still Shocked Just had a look at your channel btw. Over 3k videos! That's some dedication. Will have to check it out properly some time!

Looking forward to having you with us Happy Pepo

Thank you!

My current goals would be completing the hard wilderness diary as I truly enjoy wilderness slayer over almost anything else in the game and the hard diary unlocks the POH obelisk teleport which is super handy. I also want to do heriboar at some point as I remember doing it in the past and found it quite enjoyable and easy money alongside birdhouses.. And of course the dreaded quests, I still don't have barrows gloves lol. I get distracted all the time though, will be getting 99 cooking in less than a week for no real reason. Eventually 99 everything if I stay motivated enough (and have time away from college/work)

Gold Mew
Gold Mew

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Mew Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:10 am

Tinnitus wrote:Hey bud,

Nice to have you. I stalked around and looked up your YT channel - jeeez dude, you have 23K subs? Impressive stuff, my man. I see you've played quite a few of my favorite games (including Raft and Astroneer). I definitely get the whole some skills are super boring (especially true with mining, lol). What I usually do is watch either netflix or YT to help me out with grinds I don't like - I appreciate you mentioning your YT channel, there seems to be a huge amount of content for me to check out that would definitely help me during skilling. 

Definitely agree with the EoC update. Many of us were not happy campers. Although, if EoC wasn't implemented, we would never likely have OSRS, so at least that's the upside.

Looking forward to seeing you in game!

Thank you! I don't think my videos are that high of quality so I don't really expect you to watch anything. They mainly focus on bundles/sales for Steam games. Basically started the channel for the sole purpose of getting free games as I've always enjoyed collecting and playing a huge variety of video games. Runescape has always been my most played though (for obvious reasons), and its something I always come back to. Even when I don't play I'm watching A Friend
Gold Mew
Gold Mew

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:49 am

Hey Mew (absolutely love the name, my favourite Pokemon by far!)

Welcome to the clan Smile Really nice to have you return to the game and choose us as your clan home, I'm sure you'll only continue to have positive experiences as you progress on your adventures as a part of this community.

That is probably the largest number of games I have ever heard anyone owning, and definitely on Steam too lol! Can you put your hand up and say honestly that you've played through all of the games fully? Or have you still got a fair few games to work through or are yet to touch haha? My steam collection is pitiful in comparison (think I've got 20 odd games) but yet again I've always been a bit of a hopper by nature when it comes to gaming, sometimes I'll prefer PC and other times I'll most definitely prefer the console experience!

Have you got any short or long-term goals that you're currently working towards in-game?

I always highlight that we've got loads of events running here in OSRS Advice. Important as ever to say that they're all entirely optional RE: participation, but I'd highly recommend checking out the relevant sections on here or on the discord too to see if any of them tickle your fancy Smile All that's left for me to say is another warm welcome bud. PM is always on if you need anything too. Until then, take care, stay safe and I look forward to catching up with you more when we're both online!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Gold Mew - Intro YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Mew Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:20 am

This Land wrote:Hey Mew (absolutely love the name, my favourite Pokemon by far!)

Welcome to the clan Smile Really nice to have you return to the game and choose us as your clan home, I'm sure you'll only continue to have positive experiences as you progress on your adventures as a part of this community.

That is probably the largest number of games I have ever heard anyone owning, and definitely on Steam too lol! Can you put your hand up and say honestly that you've played through all of the games fully? Or have you still got a fair few games to work through or are yet to touch haha? My steam collection is pitiful in comparison (think I've got 20 odd games) but yet again I've always been a bit of a hopper by nature when it comes to gaming, sometimes I'll prefer PC and other times I'll most definitely prefer the console experience!

Have you got any short or long-term goals that you're currently working towards in-game?

I always highlight that we've got loads of events running here in OSRS Advice. Important as ever to say that they're all entirely optional RE: participation, but I'd highly recommend checking out the relevant sections on here or on the discord too to see if any of them tickle your fancy Smile All that's left for me to say is another warm welcome bud. PM is always on if you need anything too. Until then, take care, stay safe and I look forward to catching up with you more when we're both online!

Best,
Mitch

lol, no I have not even played 5% of them, although 95% of them i've obtained for free. If I could freeze time i would like to try them all, but its almost impossible at this point lol. I collect consoles and physical games as well, I just hardly ever play them in comparison to PC.

My goals at this moment is questing to get more slayer blocks, and to also complete the wilderness hard diary so I can continue my slayer grind. Although tbh, I tend to get sidetracked training skills and pushing off quests.

Thanks for the info about the events. First time i've been in a clan, I just enjoy reading the conversations and sometimes giving advice in the CC. When I'm on, I'm usually grinding away at a skill or personal goal so if I don't make it to a event that's what i'm up to, but I would like to try to make it to a few
Gold Mew
Gold Mew

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:40 am

Well, it's still nonetheless an incredibly impressive collection - I wish you well to slowly but surely eventually work through all the ones that stand out to you. Although, thinking about that, I bet it must be an interesting process scanning through a list of 14,000 games looking for the next one to give a go ey? Very Happy Very Happy

Best of luck on the slayer grind, and getting your hard diary in the wilderness done! If you need someone to come with for protection then let me know, I'm always up to try and be a bodyguard haha.

And no problem RE: event information. Like I said, they're all entirely optional so don't feel obliged or obligated to come to any of them. They simply represent an opportunity whenever anyone wants to seize that opportunity, that's all Smile

Take care bud,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Gold Mew - Intro YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by 11 Eleven Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:59 am

Welcome! I came back after a long hiatus during the pandemic too. A lot of people use gaming to unwind and relax from the world, I know that is why I returned. That and working from home/massive free time Razz

Gold Mew - Intro U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by C3 H5 N309 Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:59 pm

Good to see you on! Good luck on the wildy slayer stuff, there's been a lot of changes to Wildy stuff recently and might be more coming so keep an eye out!
C3 H5 N309

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:00 pm

Hi Gold Mew,
Like you, I'm a long time RuneScape player - off and on since 2006 for me. I didn't start playing OSRS until around the time it was released on mobile. I've really been enjoying it - for the nostalgia and re-learning things as well as learning the new content.

That's quite an impressive amount of games on Steam as well as videos on your YouTube channel. I have a few games on Steam, with Skyrim being my favorite.

Welcome to the clan. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Gold Mew - Intro YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down