Salsa Recipe

5 posters

Go down

Salsa Recipe Empty Salsa Recipe

Post by C3 H5 N309 Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:37 pm

I took this recipe off of a website ages ago but it's long since been taken down. It's good and takes little time to prepare. You'll need a food processor:

2 large tomatoes (hot house work best)
2-3 of any kind of pepper you want (I use superhots, but really any pepper can go here. If it's a weaker pepper on flavor, add more of them)
1/2 white onion (depending on taste)
6 Serrano peppers
As much Cilantro (Coriander) as your heart wants
1+ clove of garlic (start here and add more if you want! You can bury the other flavors in garlic as they are lighter)
1 tbs of either cayenne pepper or chipotle power (both work about the same, chipotle is more savory though)
1/2 cup of white vinegar
1 tbs lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste

If the salsa is too hot, add more tomato and/or a bit more white onion.
C3 H5 N309

Back to top Go down

Salsa Recipe Empty Re: Salsa Recipe

Post by Tinnitus Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:26 pm

Cheers bud. I'll have to try it out. I always wanted to try canning my own salsa but have never gotten around to it. I've heard it tastes better that way. Years ago my grandma always made us salsa when she visited - you just got me craving again. I personally never have thought of adding white vinegar -  I wonder what flavor profile that will add.
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Salsa Recipe 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by C3 H5 N309 Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:51 pm

The goal is to not add much of a flavor while adding moisture to the salsa, you could always sub in a stronger flavor if you wanted more of an acidic kick.
C3 H5 N309

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Kati Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:00 am

Hiya thank for the recipe it looks a bit like mine minus Serrano I use Jalapenos and 1/3 cup vinegar and a little more lime but yours looks like it would be a nice change I think I will try it!
Maria Kati
Maria Kati

Salsa Recipe YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:57 am

Looks good to me! Not the sort of post I'm used to seeing on here, but I'm happy for it. My usual recipe is fairly similar, though I don't make my own salsa much these days. Mostly when I have people over, which... doesn't really ever happen, haha. You have one for salsa verde as well? I know it's a bit more involved, but I find I get more mileage out of it compared to a typical red salsa. Oddly enough, in my neck of the woods it's easier to find fresh tomatillos than it is to find jarred salsa verde, and as a result I've been wanting to make my own for a while now. Tips would be great if you've got em Smile

Salsa Recipe NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by C3 H5 N309 Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:51 am

Sadly I have no experience with salsa verde either! I know that they prefer more muted flavors (jalapeno, serrano), and I've never really thought to experiment outside of that. I've got some new superhots coming in the mail in the next weeks, now you've got me wanting to try it out! I'll report back!
C3 H5 N309

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:56 pm

hahahaha this is like the best thread ive seen ever lmaoo thank you for this its going to come useful!
COCOMARBELLA

Salsa Recipe OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down