twobviku
Syllabic
RhyeZ
8 posters

Go down

Hey Everyone Empty Hey Everyone

Post by RhyeZ Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to osrs so I've still got a lot to learn and came across your clan post on the official forums, so thought I'd give it a go here as the clan info sounds like a perfect fit! I'm from the UK, Scotland and my name is Steven, I've been a long time MMO player, Star Wars Galaxies, Diablo 2 Lod, Rising Force Online just to name a few I was glued to back in the day.

I've always wanted to try out osrs but just never really gave it the chance or the time so I'm looking forward to making a start on that now! with the goal of joining a more mature clan and just enjoying everything at a chilled pace, and learning pvp at some stage is definitely on the list as well! But the people is where it's at for me and what makes or breaks a game, great relationships on a great game and that's what it's all about.

I have not contacted anyone in this clan as I have only read over the clan info on the forums and I did join the Discord earlier today as well (Under disc name Nukez), hopefully see you all in game soon!

Regards,
Steve
RhyeZ
RhyeZ

Back to top Go down

Hey Everyone Empty Re: Hey Everyone

Post by Syllabic Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Hey man, nice to have you. Good to see your username is back to normal. Was advertising your email to everyone there for a little bit, haha.

I have a tough time recommending RS to people, and I started playing 15 years ago. Not surprised you were hesitant to get into it. Has a pretty singular sort of appeal, even to seasoned MMO players. One of my favourite ways to relax though, especially with good friends to keep you company. Wouldn't still be playing if I hadn't figured out ways to meet new people Smile

Hope we end up being a good fit for you! I found that it was a bit of a process settling in, but people are very friendly around here. Should feel like home in no time. If you have any clan related questions, by all means get in touch. Happy to be of help if needed!

P.S. Sorry for editing this a million times. My brain am not work too good

Hey Everyone NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by twobviku Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:01 pm

Heyooo!

Welcome aboard the best clan in OSRS Razz

I like you played a lot of MMOs before finally landing (back) on OSRS, and I can honestly say, none, in my opinion, can compare to the amazing game that OSRS is. That being said this game can be quite intimidating, but OSRS Advice helped me get situated, taught me to raid and more, I genuinely believe you will enjoy your stay with us!

Again, Welcome!

Last edited by twobviku on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
twobviku
twobviku

Back to top Go down

Post by RhyeZ Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:03 pm

Syllabic wrote:Hey man, nice to have you. Good to see your username is back to normal. Was advertising your email to everyone there for a little bit, haha.

I have a tough time recommending RS to people, and I started playing 15 years ago. Not surprised you were hesitant to get into it. Has a pretty singular sort of appeal, even to seasoned MMO players. One of my favourite ways to relax though, especially with good friends to keep you company. Wouldn't still be playing if I hadn't figured out ways to meet new people Smile

Hope we end up being a good fit for you! All the best settling in, and feel free to hit me up if you need anything. Happy to be of help where I can.

Haha yeh I managed to get that fixed asap Razz.

I love the old style mechanics when it comes to MMO's and osrs definitely has that along with a massive player base, looking forward to that and getting to know everyone. That's one thing I've always heard about osrs, people always talking about how they met so many friends through osrs and how big the community was and still is after so many years, another great sign for a great game.

I will join in on the chat, still learning the whole questing side on this so forgive any noob questions I might send your way lol.
RhyeZ
RhyeZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:07 pm

Heyo RhyeZ,

Thanks for the intro, and welcome bud! 

Runescape is basically the only MMO I play. I did play WoW on and off for maybe a year or so, but decided it wasn't my jam overall. The social aspect of OSRS is definitely one of the main reasons I continue to stick around. That might sound strange coming from an ironman player, but I enjoy hanging out and about in the chat and seeing other people's progress as well as sharing mine. I feel lucky to have found this chat when I did - definitely a one of a kind group here! Wishing you the best, and hoping you experience the same as well.

Cheers!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hey Everyone 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:10 pm

RhyeZ wrote:I love the old style mechanics when it comes to MMO's and osrs definitely has that along with a massive player base, looking forward to that and getting to know everyone. That's one thing I've always heard about osrs, people always talking about how they met so many friends through osrs and how big the community was and still is after so many years, another great sign for a great game.

People probably get sick of me mentioning this (because I do it constantly), but I've met some of my best friends in this CC. Even within the first month or two after joining I could tell that people were just different. Showed me a lot of kindness when I didn't feel like I deserved any. Still do, every day.

And here I go again, not knowing how to shut my mouth Laughing

I will join in on the chat, still learning the whole questing side on this so forgive any noob questions I might send your way lol.

https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Optimal_quest_guide That's a great place to start if you're not already familiar with it. Should help you breeze through a lot of the early grinds. And by all means ask questions! That's what we're here for.

Hey Everyone NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by 11 Eleven Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:16 pm

Welcome! You'll get the hang of things quite quickly judging from your gaming history. Hope to see you around Smile

Hey Everyone U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi Steve! I've been playing RuneScape off and on since 2006 and OSRS since around the time it was released on mobile so it's exciting to see people like you who are new to OSRS and enjoying the game.

I'm fairly new to the clan but in the short time I've been here, I've found everyone to be helpful and friendly. This clan is a great place to make friends. Welcome! Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Hey Everyone YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Hey Everyone Empty Welcome!

Post by Maria Kati Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:25 am

Surprised Welcome Steven. MMos are great times! osrs is a great community with many of us *come back kids* putting our rs armor back on and feeling nostalgic enjoy yourself!
Maria Kati
Maria Kati

Hey Everyone YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:56 pm

Hey Steven welcome back to osrs and welcome to osrs advice we are honoured to have you amongst our ranks! we welcome you with open arms ! Very Happy
COCOMARBELLA

Hey Everyone OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by RhyeZ Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:13 am

Thanks all! Looking forward to getting to the stage I can actually join in with you all for questing/boss runs etc.

I've done a few of the important quests, dragon slayer, monkey madness along with some others so now need to focus on getting my stats boosted up enough for dragon slayer 2 etc. Time to start watching Theo's 1-90+ guides!

If anyone has a lower character and wants to join up questing let me know, always fun to run with someone.
RhyeZ
RhyeZ

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum