"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...etc"

5 posters

Go down

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...etc" Empty "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...etc"

Post by SandorxHound Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:15 am

Hello everyone!

Extremely new to Runescape. Vaguely remember the game from computer classes back in school but again only a passing familiarity.

I began to frequently see memes on reddit regarding the game or a twitter account solely dedicated to some guy named "Mod Ash" and that's when I began to piece together the game was continuing to thrive with an active player base.

I normally struggle with mental health issues as it is but COVID along with the isolation that has accompanied it has made things more difficult, as I'm sure it has for many people, so I guess it was only natural that I began to search for a community to join.

OSRS Advice is that community.

Looking forward to continue playing Runescape and making some new friends along the way.
SandorxHound
SandorxHound

Back to top Go down

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...etc" Empty Re: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...etc"

Post by Syllabic Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:28 am

Hey Sandor (big ASoIaF/GoT fan, I assume? He's one of my favourite characters too), good to see you on the offsite finally Smile Sometimes people show up on Discord and then never actually make the leap to the forums, so I'm glad to see you're an exception.

Always kind of surprising to me to see a completely fresh player. Most of us think of RS as very nostalgia driven; something that doesn't hold much appeal if you don't have fond childhood memories of it. Happy to be reminded that isn't always the case! You have anything specific you've been focusing on in-game? Important to have a sense of direction, early on especially. Many people tend to burn out when they finally realize the sort of grind they've signed up for. Feel free to ask if you need any help, of course. #advice-srs in Discord is an excellent resource, as you might already be aware.

COVID has certainly been tough for a lot of us, no doubt. I've relied on the clan to keep me sane, in a way, before. But it's doubly important now. A tenuous link to some sense of normalcy, in a lot of ways. I'm sure we can be the same for you, if you'll let us. Don't be a stranger! https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Stranger_(horse) (Good lord I'm clever)

P.S. Saw you mention ranking up earlier. Here's Bear's promotion guide if you're interested in learning more Smile https://www.osrsadvice.com/t3743-how-to-best-get-promoted

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...etc" NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...etc" Empty Re: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...etc"

Post by Tinnitus Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:34 am

Yo Sandor,

Welcome to the offsite bud! Nice to see reddit is still bringing players into the game. It's funny that you mention you briefly played Runescape back in the day in your computer classes. I did the same back in elementary school - and to this day, there's still a few people in that class I had that still play OSRS with me.

Mod Ash is pretty much worshiped by the OSRS community. And for good reason, lol. He's a good dude. Definitely some pretty awesome memes out there that showcase him.

It has always been a concern to me how this whole COVID situation is playing out for those struggling with mental health, especially due to the increased isolation that you mentioned. I'm glad you reached out and found us - there are many good peeps that always seem to put a smile on my face here. I truly hope you'll experience that too here! Smile

Cheers bud, and welcome again! My pm will always be open and I'm down to chat about anything and everything.  FeelsOkayMan
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...etc" 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Welcome to the clan mate, good chatting before on the discord too! Feels nice to have seen someone join in the discord and then make their introduction post Smile

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives" - Massive fan myself, like the others Smile Arya Stark was my favorite character!

Always extra lovely and refreshing to see brand new players in the game. I've said it before and I'll say it again there's nothing quite as nice as seeing brand new players developing their account and reaching the goals they've set for themselves. Looking forward to celebrating those with you as and when they come around!

Like the others have said, we're always here with an ear (going to also compliment myself because of that rhyming hehe) should you ever want to talk! I found myself in somewhat of a very dark place/hole at the beginning of the COVID lockdown in the UK around March/April time. It definitely impacts the mental negatively, for the most part anyway. Again, always here should you need me (us).

Have you got any short or long-term goals you're focusing on for your account? I remember you saying you've just tapped into the membership side of things so am sure you're feeling suitably overwhelmed with the amount of content to be 'cracking on with' like we all are too haha. PM is always on in-game if you need anything, in-game related or not, so feel free to hit me up anytime.

Another warm welcome from me mate, glad to have you with us! Take care and stay safe Smile

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...etc" YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi Sandor! I met you in the in-game clan chat but it's great to meet you here on the offsite as well. I'm a long time RuneScape player and think it's great seeing people just starting RuneScape and enjoying the game. Welcome to the clan. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...etc" YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down