Guitarist141
Maria Kati
Soldier J 9
Syllabic
Nitnat
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why.... Hello there! Empty Why.... Hello there!

Post by Nitnat Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:08 pm

Hello there....

Well where do I start?

wfdhkehdfkdjdehfkds
Oops that's not it....

Why.... Hello there! I_lose10

Gosh this is awkward.... where do I start? Well I'm NitNat aka Natalie. I used to work at the hospital in the inpatient psych units. Actually graduated with a Child and Youth Care Degree. Unfortunatly a lot of changes occured and I no longer work due to Covid. I plan on going back to school for real estate and interior designing! Let's just say I am quite savvy when it comes to artistic expression. I'd say I am pretty nice and open.

So hey!

also lowkey... am I able to get a smiley face online? I think that'd describe who I am in general.....
Nitnat
Nitnat

Back to top Go down

Why.... Hello there! Empty Re: Why.... Hello there!

Post by Syllabic Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:55 pm

Hey Natalie, appreciate the introduction. Did quarantine bring you back to the game as well? Lots of returning players these days, to the point where it almost seems to be the norm.

First off, huge props to you for being able to work something like Inpatient Psych. I've had friends/family in that line of work and it always seemed so utterly draining. Rewarding and necessary, for sure, but something you need to be singularly suited for. I imagine a lot of us are reconsidering our career choices since COVID, myself included. In fact, I think our own @Lost Oliver did something very similar to you (pivoting from healthcare to real estate). Not the kind of thing you see people doing every day, but I sincerely hope it works out for you.

As for the Smiley, I'd check out Bear's promo guide: https://www.osrsadvice.com/t3743-how-to-best-get-promoted It's a long one, but explains the ranking system in here quite comprehensively. Not difficult to get a Smiley though, so don't sweat it too much. You're doing a great job so far, so just keep being pleasant and visible in-game/on Discord (and on here if you like) and it'll come soon enough.

Talk soon Smile

P.S. I opened your intro on mobile and it took an extra few seconds for the picture to load. Was a fun surprise, aha

Why.... Hello there! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier J 9 Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:59 pm

Hi, welcome Natalie! That was quite the intro! That's very interesting that you're transitioning from healthcare to real estate/interior design! I'm still working at my inpatient facility (no furloughs yet *crosses fingers*). Best of luck on your new journey and I'll see ya in game! If you need any help or anything just shoot me a pm Smile

-J
Soldier J 9
Soldier J 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitnat Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:39 pm

Alright let me start with

@Syllabic

I gotta say it was actually my brother that got me back into Runescape! When I quit a few years ago... I told myself I'm done with Runescape forever! Then he starts playing OSRS & gets me hooked funny enough. I started March though & now I feel as if there's never going back now... jeez xd. I love working in the mental field as I have done it for 5 years+ but it can really take a tole on your mental health unfortunatly! I've learned a lot of great coping mechanisms so I'm happy for that. I can't wait for interior designing because I'm such an art geek... I think I could turn nothing out of something. Smile

@Soldier J 9
I gotta say..... good luck to you! One thing that is super important is *SELF CARE*. Always remember this! You gotta take care of yourself and I think that's one thing that I never really put too much focus in. It is a great experience and journey, just remember you ARE #1 or else you'll burn out quickly!
Nitnat
Nitnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitnat Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:40 pm

Oh............ and excuse the unexpected photo! hahah, happy halloween!!! Laughing
Nitnat
Nitnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitnat Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:45 pm

Gosh.... one more thing @Soldier J 9

If you have any questions about the whole field, feel free to hit me up... just expect to hear a whole wall of info if you don't mind lmao!

Ok... I shall stop now.
Nitnat
Nitnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:03 am

Alright let me start with

@Syllabic

I gotta say it was actually my brother that got me back into Runescape! When I quit a few years ago... I told myself I'm done with Runescape forever! Then he starts playing OSRS & gets me hooked funny enough. I started March though & now I feel as if there's never going back now... jeez xd. I love working in the mental field as I have done it for 5 years+ but it can really take a tole on your mental health unfortunatly! I've learned a lot of great coping mechanisms so I'm happy for that. I can't wait for interior designing because I'm such an art geek... I think I could turn nothing out of something.

Cool that your brother got you into OSRS! Is he still playing these days? It really does hook you quite easily. All this free time lends itself well to a grindy game like RS, I find.

And yeah, I was interested in getting into the mental health field when I was younger. Still am to an extent, but now that I have a better idea of what that entails, and understand the toll it can take on a person, I'm much more wary. Definitely the kind of job where you need to be in a good mental state yourself before you can think about helping other people.

Interior design sounds like a great fit if you're naturally artistic. Smart to play to your strengths! I'm not in the slightest, so I doubt I'll be heading down that path any time soon myself Laughing

Why.... Hello there! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Kati Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:23 am

Very Happy Hiii Natalie .. I am Cherie Maria *YES* another girl the more the merrier Razz !!awesome to meet you! You are a funny lady for sure!! Love it.. I am also in Real Estate if you ever have any questions  add me and we can have a chat! Welcome to the fam I am sure you will enjoy it!   <3
Maria Kati
Maria Kati

Why.... Hello there! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitarist141 Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:25 am

Hey Nat, nice to meet ya!

I'm the local village goofball Laughing
Your intro makes it sound like you'll fit right in with the rest of of misfits! Very Happy
What are some of your RS goals? Do you like questing, bossing, skilling, pking, ..?
Earlier this year, mine was to get the QPC (completed!). Now I'm slooowly working on elite diary skills while bossing and slaying.
Always happy to help if you have any questions, want to boss, or whatever. I think Vorkath is my specialty XD

See you in game!!
Jon
Guitarist141
Guitarist141

Goats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:40 am

Hey Natalie,

Thanks for the photo, your expression made me chuckle when I first saw it lol. We've met briefly in chat - you seem very easy going and chill to talk to. Good luck on the career change, that can't be an easy decision to make but seems very reasonable given the situation. Props to you for working in inpatient psych, as Syllabic said, not an easy line of work. Definitely not something I could do.

See you again soon! FeelsOkayMan
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Why.... Hello there! 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitnat Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:02 am

Oh Gosh... almost 2 AM! Alright, here I go ..... no book this time!!!

@Syllabic

It's funny because he isn't playing RS anymore... he went back to one of his other games! Ugh how dare he!? But I guess I am here to replace lol. And yes, I always tell people that.. you need to help and take care of yourself first... THEN people/person! I gotta say onething and I never understood this at the time... it REALLY is about how happy you are with what job you do.

@Kati Ai

Why hello Missy! It is nice to meet you as well. Yes!!!! girls rock on cheers Real estate is something I hope I can kick *you know what* in while making your house look like a palace! It'd be cool if you worked in the Canadian market!?

@Guitarist141

Hello to all the goofballs... from the one and only....

me! lol... just kidding haha! I like skilling a lot so I've recently been trying to get 61 crafting to start the Lunars quest! I do not like the wild....I'm afraid of the dark!! lol. Thanks, I always tend to have a lot of questions!!

Last edited by Nitnat on Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Nitnat
Nitnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitnat Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:08 am

@Tinnitus

I hope I am easy to talk to! I think I could talk almost about everything... (hahah try me!! :p) You wanna live a happy life right! I hope all is great with you!

Au Revoir Amigo!! Very Happy
Nitnat
Nitnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:42 am

Hey Nat, welcome! love your intro lol lovely seeing you in the cc chatting up a storm Very Happy

I also work in healthcare, in Aged Care which I absolutely love, fortunately I have been extra busy with the covid outbreak so I'm very grateful that I am still in work, good luck making the change into real estate!

Absolutely loving all the wonderful women we have on Runescape and in our community <3
Avallan
Avallan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitnat Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:51 am

Hello hello there Megnificent!

I hope it's a calming and relaxing storm (hahah) and a rainbow that arises right after.

Oh wow, 100% respect for working in the retirement homes. I heard it's very difficult... but very rewarding and good experience overall. I hope the elders are keeping safe especially after this whole corona outbreak.

And yes yes, I'm so happy I've met our lovely females on here!! I unfortunatly don't see that too often in clans so that makes me happy. Very Happy Very Happy
Nitnat
Nitnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi Nat! It's funny that you told about your brother getting you into RuneScape and now no longer plays because my kids (now adults) got me into RuneScape years ago (in 2006) and now no longer play though I'm still enjoying the game.

Like Kati Ai and Meg, I'm also another girl player (not a g.i.r.l. - guy in real life). There are a few of us real life girls here in the clan. Welcome! Very Happy
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by twobviku Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:18 pm

Welcome aboard Nat, glad to have you!

Nice touch with the photo, that expression is basically what I run around with in Runescape all day long lol

twobviku
twobviku

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitnat Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:51 pm

omg so cool that your kids played runescape and you've carried on the legacy. Have you passed them in levels!? xd Funny I didn't know G.I.R.L was a thing... I'm so happy that there are females in this cc, we need em.... I've recieved a lot of sexist comments and it feels great that I haven't gotten ONE comment at all regarding my gender in this cc.... omg.

Also, that picture is literally me in everything I do both in runescape and real life bahahaha.
Nitnat
Nitnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:44 pm

Nitnat wrote:omg so cool that your kids played runescape and you've carried on the legacy. Have you passed them in levels!? xd Funny I didn't know G.I.R.L was a thing... I'm so happy that there are females in this cc, we need em.... I've recieved a lot of sexist comments and it feels great that I haven't gotten ONE comment at all regarding my gender in this cc.... omg.

We all played RuneScape back in 2006 but two of them quit playing before EOC. One of them played EOC for a while and occasionally logs in just to chat with clanmates. None of them have played OSRS. I've passed them in levels in both RS3 and OSRS. Very Happy
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:09 pm

What a fantastic introduction Very Happy Put a massive smile on my face and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, thank you!

Think we said hello either yesterday or the day before in the clan chat and I'd never seen your name before so wondered whether I'd missed your introduction, and, voila...! Seems like you're settling into the clan really well and have had a warm welcome too so just wanted to stop by and give you another warm welcome myself Smile

Look forward to chatting more in-game when we're both online! All the best with you short and long-term goals too, whatever they may be. My PM is always on too if you need anything so never hesitate to pop me a message! Until then, take care, stay safe and happy gaming Natalie Very Happy Very Happy

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Back to top Go down

Post by occeann Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:59 pm

welcome to the clan!
occeann
occeann

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum