Tinnitus
Syllabic
ItsKatsumi
9 posters

Go down

Hello  Empty Hello

Post by ItsKatsumi Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi There. Embarassed

My name is Kat. I am new to this community. I used to play Runescape quite some time ago back in 2006-2007. I gave up Runescape because life got busy IRL. I have been watching a lot of videos on YouTube about Old School Runescape as of late so I have decided to start the game again. A lot has probably changed since I last played and I don't remember my old account details so I have started fresh with a new account today so I am still a noob but it won't take me long to catch up following some decent guides. I found your community on google and from the looks of this website it seems your community is quite active. So I'd love to make friends and meet new people.
ItsKatsumi
ItsKatsumi

Hello  OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Hello  Empty Re: Hello

Post by Syllabic Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm

Hey Kat! Nice to meet you, and welcome to the clan Smile Lots of people coming back to the game after years away due to quarantine/COVID, so you're among good company! Do you have any goals set already, or a general idea of what you're wanting to do?

Sorry to hear you weren't able to access your old account. I had the same problem, but was thankfully able to get back into a shared account that a school friend and I created when we were 10. Not much progress for me to look back on, but I think this one has better memories associated with it anyway. Not like it matters too much though, since none of your progress would have transferred over to OSRS.

Anyway, we'll be more than happy to help you get settled back in. Feel free to ask if you need anything, and maybe hit us up on Discord as well if you're looking to get more involved! Not required of course, but the community on there is honestly my favourite part of the clan.

Best of luck getting back into the game. Lots has changed certainly, but perhaps not as much as you might think Smile

Last edited by Syllabic on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hello  NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:23 pm

Heya Kat,

Welcome to the offsite - glad to see you made it here! You've definitely come to the right place if you are interested in making friends and meeting new peeps. This clan has a huge variety of players, including newer folks, PvMers, skillers, bankstanders/xp wasters, etc, so you'll definitely fit in =p.

I was in the same boat as you - I quit for many years, but still always followed a bunch of OSRS series on youtube in my absence. Starting fresh is a blessing and a curse - if definitely stinks to lose an account, but starting over definitely can be refreshing IMO. But like Syllabic said, if your account was that old, none of it would have saved on OSRS as it wasn't added until early 2013. As far as building your account up, as you know there are many routes you can take, and many decisions to make! Starter guides are an awesome tool as you said if you're unsure of what to do - I know I still rely on guides myself, lol. I would say knocking out some quests early on is a really good way to go.

Catch you in game soon FeelsOkayMan
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hello  4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by audieos Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:54 pm

Welcome to the clan Kat! Glad to have you with us Smile Feel free to ask us any questions you have in-game, good luck on your goals and I'm sure I'll see you around Very Happy

Hello  NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier J 9 Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:09 pm

Hi Katsumi! Welcome to the clan! Look forward to seeing you in the cc. If you have any questions let me know! I have my private on Smile
Soldier J 9
Soldier J 9

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsKatsumi Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:03 pm

Thank you very much for being so welcoming you have all been so nice and friendly. It is overwhelming when stepping into an mmo for the first time after years.

It is a shame that I will not be able to retrieve my old account back and I cannot remember the login details.

I am quite happy to start on this new account. I am excited to get back into this mmo.

thank you very much for being welcoming all of you Embarassed
ItsKatsumi
ItsKatsumi

Hello  OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi Katsumi

Welcome to OSRS Advice and welcome back to runescape. Feel free to chat in game in the clan chat or if you see one of us out and about feel free to come and say hi! and if you need any help or have any questions just ask any of our clannies everyone is really helpful and we really do make our newcomers feel welcomed!
COCOMARBELLA

Hello  OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:31 am

A warm welcome to the clan and your return to the game Kat Smile

Lovely to see you've already had such a fantastic welcome, so just chipping in to wish you all the best with whatever short or long-term goals (if any, and not just going with the flow) you've got set for yourself! Really hope that your overall game experience is even more positive as a result of being a part of OSRS Advice.

My PM is always on should you need anything so never hesitate to pop me a message. Until then, take care, stay safe and I look forward to both chatting more when we're both online and seeing what progress you've made on the new account!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Hello  YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:49 am

heya Kat! welcome to the clan Very Happy

if you need any help, pm me ingame, my rsn is 'xavier' I'd be happy to help you with essentials to make the game a little easier to begin with Smile
Johno
Johno

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:43 am

Hi Kat! Like you, I'm a long time player - since 2006 for me. Even though I'm playing on the same account, I still had to start over again in OSRS so don't feel too sad about having to make a new account. I've actually found it very nostalgic starting again, especially quests. Speaking of quests, if you decide to start questing check out the "Optimal Quest Guide" in the wiki.

I'm still fairly new to the clan but in the time I've been here I've found everyone to be friendly and helpful. The clan is very active and a good place to chat and make friends. Welcome! Very Happy
Spiritika
Spiritika

Hello  YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum