+3
Syllabic
Tinnitus
RoaminGoat
7 posters

Go down

Goat here Empty Goat here

Post by RoaminGoat Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:40 pm

Hi I'm Moryn, 24 y/o male, and a long time Runescape player, I've played on and off for a long time. I'm looking to get serious about reaching end game and figured a helpful clan would be a good start. Right now I'm working towards QP cape, I'm at 228/277. I like to chat about in game stuff, such as different gear and strategies. I think I'd be a good addition to the clan and look forward to a response, thanks.
RoaminGoat
RoaminGoat

Back to top Go down

Goat here Empty Re: Goat here

Post by Tinnitus Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:05 am

Hey Moryn,

Welcome to the clan and offsite bud!

Achieving the Quest Cape is an awesome achievement, and one I still have not reached (I'm 20 or so quest points off, but am too PvM focused right now to be bothered to finish up the last of the quests). You aren't too far off either! Just curious, what has been your favorite quest so far? For me personally, Dragon Slayer 2 was my favorite. I'm not sure if you've done it yet or not, so I won't give any spoilers lol.

If you are interested, you can always create a thread under the Goals and Achievements section of the forums to post your current goals and achievements that you are working on in game. I've enjoyed posting my progress, and the responses I've received definitely keep me motivated on the more tedious grinds that I don't like. Obviously not required to though! Razz

I'm not sure if you use discord, but if you do, we do have a clan discord server that you can join if that's your thing.

Looking forward to seeing you in game, and welcome again! =)
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Goat here 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by RoaminGoat Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:09 am

Not that far yet, but hopefully sometime this month. So far my favorite quest has been Recipe for Disaster. It has a pretty epic feel to it, and ofc you get the barrows gloves when you're done which is a huge milestone.
RoaminGoat
RoaminGoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:29 am

RoaminGoat wrote:Not that far yet, but hopefully sometime this month. So far my favorite quest has been Recipe for Disaster. It has a pretty epic feel to it, and ofc you get the barrows gloves when you're done which is a huge milestone.

Ahh, you just brought me back many memories. I agree, that quest line is truly epic. I remember a few of the sub-quests of RFD had hilarious dialogue. Plus, the barrows gloves (like you stated) are an awesome achievement, look great with pretty much any gear, and are awesome for all PvMing.
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Goat here 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:35 am

Ay Moryn, welcome to the clan. Made the right call joining up, if you ask me. Having people to help motivated/entertain you does a lot to alleviate the worst of the grind in this game.

Quest cape is big news! We're around the same QP actually, so provided I stick with it we should get it around the same time. Be sure to keep us updated with that. People in the CC are always big on celebrating that sort of thing Smile

Recipe for Disaster was one of my favourite quests as well, actually. I found the scope of it really appealing, how it had you running all around the world meeting new people and exploring new locations. Somehow did all of that without feeling like pointless busywork to me, which is quite the achievement I think!

Happy to have you with us, and looking forward to seeing what you contribute. Best of luck with your grinds FeelsOkayMan

Goat here NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:08 am

Hey Moryn and welcome to OSRS Advice Smile

All the best on your quest cape goal! I say this to everyone btw, if you haven't done Song of the Elves yet then make sure to turn your in-game music on for a little bit when you're in the big library because it's quick the track - I actually kept it on the whole time I was in the library because I found it really relaxing/chilled but it's definitely worth listening to at least once, it's very pretty!!

What's next on the agenda post QPC?

You'll fit right in bud, we always have people talking about in-game stuff whether it's here on the offsite, on the discord or in the clan chat itself! Also worth mentioning that there's lots of other stuff going on in the form of events that might interest you. Important to say is they're all entirely optional but can be an awesome way of meeting up with clannies and making new friends etc... Plus the opportunity to diversify from your usual content is something people like about both the recurring and one-off events too so well worth a look to see if anything tickles your fancy!

My PM is always on should you need anything so never hesitate to pop me a message when I'm online Smile Until then, take care, stay safe and another warm welcome to the clan mate!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Goat here YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:59 am

Hey Moryn

Welcome to the clan we are honoured to have you buddy! Very Happy
COCOMARBELLA

Goat here OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:31 am

Welcome to the clan Moryn, definitely found a great place to chat about RS and all things related, so many knowledgeable people as well, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it here Smile
Avallan
Avallan

Goat here YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:10 am

Hi Moryn! Like you, I'm a long time RuneScape player who's played off and on - since 2006 for me. I'm still fairly new to the clan but in that short time I've found clan members to be friendly and helpful. I think you'll enjoy chatting with us about gear and strategies and such. Smile

Good luck on reaching your goal of end game and working on obtaining the quest point cape. While I haven't yet completed RFD in OSRS, I did so in RS2/3 and agree with you that it's a great quest. I liked the variety of characters and the unusual methods the adventurer needed to use in order to free each character. My favorite quest is "Waterfall Quest" because I like the lore behind it and the emotional aspect of the tragic romance between King Baxtorian and Glarial.

It's great seeing other long time players still enjoying the game. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Goat here YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RoaminGoat Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:58 pm

I will for sure leave the music on for Song of the Elves, I usually try to when questing, that's when you get some truly unique music tracks.

I really liked Waterfall Quest as well, it's a good quest to do at the beginning of your questing journey and gives you a good look at what the journey will be like. Plus it's got a nice story and some classic fantasy locations.
RoaminGoat
RoaminGoat

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:10 pm

good luck on your questing goat!

I'm literally questing myself going for the quest cape!

I have spent a lot of time skilling Smile

and I love the music it goes so wild sometimes haha
COCOMARBELLA

Goat here OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum