Tinnitus
COCOMARBELLA
KateHepburn
9 posters

Go down

Hello! Empty Hello!

Post by KateHepburn Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi Clan!

I'm KateHepburn, or Kate. I joined the clan a couple days ago and I'm really excited to finally have a big welcoming community to be a part of. I used to be part of a clan back in RS2 and it was one of the best experiences I had - hoping I can get that lucky again!

My in-game goals are pretty straightforward. Over quarantine I've really started to push myself to do some of the mid/late game content such as Vorkath, Zulrah, and Raids. Unfortunately for me I'm pretty bad at all of these - but getting better is a big goal of mine! Lastly, learning to make money efficiently is going to be a big step I need to take. I like to buy bonds with gold rather than irl $, which can mean I struggle to build up my bank long-term. Also, I'm a coward and haven't gotten a fire cape yet.

Outside of the game, I just graduated from college. I'm planning on working for about two years and then applying for law school (I've wanted to be a lawyer since I was a little kid). If anyone has lived in NYC and has recommendations for living there, let me know! I'm very interested in politics/economics/law - I've done competitive debate for ~8 years now, and gotten to fly all over the world for it, so I've had to keep abreast of current events. I'm always interested in talking about or debating different topics.

I got into long backpacking trips last year, finishing the Long Trail. I'm hoping to be able to get out and do a couple day trip at some point, depending on what the advisories look like later in the summer w/r/t quarantine. Although it's something I'm really excited about, I'm pretty new to it so if anyone has experience I'd love to talk about it more!

As for other games, I'm a pretty competitive person overall so I tend to limit my games to those that I can trick myself into thinking I'm good at. I play starcraft 2, magic the gathering (fun fact: I was once the highest ranked mtg arena player!), and poker occasionally, pre-covid.

This ended up being longer than I expected, but I tend to prattle when I get excited and I hope I get to talk to you all soon!

See you in chat,

Kate
KateHepburn
KateHepburn

Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty Re: Hello!

Post by COCOMARBELLA Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:56 pm

Hi There Kate!

I don't think that introduction is long at all hun I think its a wonderful introduction. We are honoured to have you amongst our ranks you seem like a lovely person so here's a warm welcome from me! Smile

I am also a graduate I graduated with a degree in business management now I work for one of Englands biggest banks! so keep working hard you got this I know exactly what your going through! lots of respect for you!

If you were looking for a friendly lovable clan who treat each and every member like family then you've hit the jackpot I've been here at osrs advice for the past year and I can promise you that you won't regret it.

good luck on your goals in game and achievements in real life.

wish you much success on your journey

happy scoping!

feel free to come and chat in game in the clan chat or come and spend time on our dedicated worlds and say hi to us if you bump into one of us around the world of old school RuneScape.

<3
COCOMARBELLA

Hello! OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:49 pm

Hey Kate,

Welcome to the offsite! Glad you decided to sign up - I've seen you in the clan chat the past few days =)

I myself hope to start learning raids soon. Turtle hosts some learners raids (and is awesome at it), so if you're interested, check those out! I'm hoping to attend some of them soon.

Congrats on finishing up college! I graduated with my Bachelor's a year or so ago and will be starting my 2nd year of grad school this Fall. I definitely know how stressful it is to apply to any graduate/post undergrad degree. I imagine Law school is especially competitive, and I couldn't imagine how stressful taking the LSAT and applying would be since it is super competitive. I wish you the best of luck, and let me know if you need any tips or help!

One of my good friends is doing her externship in NYC - I'll get in touch with her and see if she has any recommendations on good apartment locations. It hurts me just thinking about how much the rent is there though, lol.

Backpacking is cool! I've done a bit of hiking, but my two favorite hobbies are motorcycling and scuba diving. I'm a bit of a water baby and enjoy being in the water, evening when the water temperate 50 degrees Farenheit (although I'm in a 5mm wetsuit, and it only gets that cold in the winter through early spring here =p).

Anyway, if you are interested in clan events, our clan typically hosts a boss of the week event and skill of the week event (they rotate and switch out weekly) that are super fun to participate in. This Land (Mitch) hosts a mass PvM bossing event every Saturday which I highly recommend you checking out - last week it was CoX, and we all had a blast.

Also, we do have a clan discord server if you are interested in that - it's a great way to meet clannies or just to hang around and chat!

Welcome again, and hope to see you in game! FeelsOkayMan
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hello! 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:25 am

Hey Kate. Good to see you finally got your intro done! I can only assume you've been working on it this entire time, because wow, it's a hefty one Laughing

Getting into more high(ish) level PvM content is one of my long-term goals as well. Always a struggle to get comfortable, but we've got plenty of opportunities for you to get more experience without risking too much, as Tinnitus outlined. As for Jad, he's definitely not as bad as he seems, and I know you'll get there eventually. We've got a great guide here on the offsite that I'd recommend you check out once you decide you're ready to give it a shot: https://www.osrsadvice.com/t4854-the-fight-caves-an-overview

And hey, big congrats on the graduation! You don't meet many kids that dream of being lawyers when they grow up, but it's really cool that you've held on to that dream for as long as you have. With all that debate practice under your belt it sounds like you already have a pretty good foundation built. Remind me never to get into an argument with you, haha.

As for backpacking/travel, that's a bit more my scene. Haven't gotten to travel much lately due to finances and then quarantine, but I'm hopeful I'll be able to get out again soon. The Long Trail's in Vermont, right? A bit too far out of my way for me to be able to visit any time soon, but it looks like an absolutely gorgeous state all around, especially during Autumn. That's on my bucket list for sure; hopefully sooner rather than later! And, just FYI, I'm sure people on here/Discord would love to see pictures if you're comfortable with sharing Smile

Hello! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:45 am

Hey Kate and welcome to the clan Smile

What a fantastic introduction post that was to read, a real pleasure! I'm a little bit late to the replying party (most likely because of timezone differences haha) and it looks like you've already had an incredible welcome from Brodie, Tinny and Risa thus far! I love you

I wish you all the best of luck and success on both your in-game and IRL endeavors. Good luck on the money making at Vulrah, Vorkath and Raids - best of luck on the fire cape attempts and I really hope that you enjoy the two years working and then living the dream when (I have full faith) you get accepted into Law School! Very Happy Very Happy I did history at college/university and at one point considered going down the law route, but in the end, I settled for architecture (I know... 0 relevance lol)!

One last thing I didn't notice anyone else say that I wanted to quickly pitch in with is that we have a particular channel on the discord I think you'd really enjoy chatting to people in. I see you're on our server already so may have already seen it but if you haven't, look out for the #srs-talk-debate-vent channel under the 'Text Channels II' section - reckon you'll give everyone a run for their money haha Smile

All that's left for me to say is another warm welcome Kate, really hope joining us improves your in-game experiences as much as clans in the past have done. My PM is always on if you need anything too so never hesitate to pop me a message. Until then, take care, stay safe and I look forward to chatting more when we're both online Smile

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Hello! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:24 am

Hi Kate! What a wonderful introduction! I've seen you in the chat recently and it's great to see you here on the off-site as well. Like you, was part of a clan in RS2 and enjoyed the experience (in fact, I still belong to that clan and have been in it for 9 years even though I'm no longer very active in RS3). I'm fairly new to this clan in OSRS but in the short time I've been here, I've found clan members to be friendly and helpful. I think you'll enjoy it here. Smile

Good luck on your goals of reaching the mid/late game bosses and on getting a fire cape. Very Happy
Spiritika
Spiritika

Hello! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitarist141 Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:53 pm

Hey and weclome to the CC Kate Smile

I got two classes left for my MBA/MSF (finance) myself. Coupling them with a BS of mechanical engineering. Sooo close I can't wait Very Happy.

Lemme know if you need Vorkath tips, I've helped a number of clannies improve there. And if you like Starcraft 2 coop mode, maybe we can play Very Happy Stukov and Tychus FTW!
Guitarist141
Guitarist141

Hello! YP5zkAJ

Goats

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier J 9 Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:25 pm

Welcome Kate! It's no problem telling us about yourself! Best of luck in your RL careers and aspirations!

You will for sure get that firecape sometime! It's always rough starting out getting it, but once you keep going at it, you'll for sure get it!

I too need to learn some high end PvM because i'm a pretty big noob at them.

You've got the right mindset with regards to learning, you'll fit right in the clan for sure!

If you need anything/ have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message/pm in game!

Cheers
-J
Soldier J 9
Soldier J 9

Back to top Go down

Post by KateHepburn Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:55 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! :-)

sorry for the messy messaging but I figured one big post was better than seven different notifications haha - I can't believe I got so many welcomes!

Inoxxentrisa - congrats on your success!! That sounds like a sweet job, I bet you're gonna crush it there. Whereabouts in England are you? I spent a semester at St. Andrews so I have all that Scottish pride but England was beautiful whenever we travelled down for a tournament. I definitely see what you mean by family just by the reception I got here, thanks for being part of that welcoming vibe <3

Tinnitus - So cool you're in grad school! I seriously considered doing a one year masters program in international relations but chickened out in the end, definitely jealous of you. What are you studying?

I'd love to hear what your friend has to say about NYC. Rent is rough, yeah :p. Living in a tiny Vermont town has definitely spoiled me in that regard. Motorcycling isn't really my style but scuba diving seems super cool. We had a class at my university that a bunch of my friends took, and now you're making me wish I took too! Do you get to go out often? I'd love to hear about it more sometime!

p.s. are you named after the health condition??

Syllabic - thanks for calling me out on the length T_T. the guide is great! I have everything else down except jad, I get lag spikes kinda often so I'm just really nervous about wasting 90 minutes + GP in supplies just to die to an aggravating d/c.

Yes, the LT is Vermont! I totally agree its gorgeous, and you should see it in the wintertime! What kind of backpacking do you do, I'd definitely love to hear more about it since most of my irl friends are very nerdy and I think are afraid of trees.

This Land - so cool you're doing architecture! Both my nephew and a friend of mine are going into architecture school, funny coincidence. Do you enjoy the field? It seems super interesting but way too math-adjacent for me haha. Srstalk channel is cool I'll make sure to check it out more! Thanks for the warm welcomes :-)

Spirit! I've seen you in chat too, it's so cool to see so many awesome pmods part of our community!! Neat to hear about your rs2/3 experience, if I ever wonder what it's like I'll make sure to talk to you!

p.s. i'm a big fan of the all green outfit, especially those doubloons!!

Guitarist - good luck finishing your degree! Going from mechanical engineering into finance seems like a heck of a switch but definitely a cool one! I have to study finance stuff a surprising amount for debate so I hope we could have a fun convo one day! Mechanical engineering, not so much :-( that's some scary math. Sc2 coop mode would be big fun! we should definitely do that sometime

Soldier - big noob is a big mood, glad to have a fellow compatriot in that zone. Thanks for the encouragement on fire cape!

Thanks everyone, hope to see you around!
Kate

KateHepburn
KateHepburn

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:49 am

KateHepburn wrote:Syllabic - thanks for calling me out on the length T_T. the guide is great! I have everything else down except jad, I get lag spikes kinda often so I'm just really nervous about wasting 90 minutes + GP in supplies just to die to an aggravating d/c.

Yes, the LT is Vermont! I totally agree its gorgeous, and you should see it in the wintertime! What kind of backpacking do you do, I'd definitely love to hear more about it since most of my irl friends are very nerdy and I think are afraid of trees.

Just giving you a hard time, aha. Was a fantastic introduction, and I love that you wrote a personalized reply to everyone!

Disconnects were one of my main fears when I was doing my first Jad attempt, actually. My internet isn't the most stable at the best of times, and I've got a garbo Wi-Fi adapter that I'm forced to use on my desktop because I don't have an ethernet jack in my bedroom. Definitely makes for some white-knuckle runs now and again, haha. Having to spend all that time getting back to Jad is the worst part for sure. I'm confident you'll get it done sooner rather than later, though Smile

And truthfully, while I do love backpacking/travel and would very much like to get out of the house more than I do, I haven't been able to manage a trip of more than a few days at a time in the last several years. Not sure I'd even call it "backpacking" at that point, lol. No shortage of sights to see in Western Canada though, my three favourites thus far being Athabasca, Haida Gwaii, and Stawamus Chief near Squamish. I'll see if I can wrangle up any pictures!

Hello! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:28 pm

KateHepburn wrote:Tinnitus - So cool you're in grad school! I seriously considered doing a one year masters program in international relations but chickened out in the end, definitely jealous of you. What are you studying?

I'd love to hear what your friend has to say about NYC. Rent is rough, yeah :p. Living in a tiny Vermont town has definitely spoiled me in that regard. Motorcycling isn't really my style but scuba diving seems super cool. We had a class at my university that a bunch of my friends took, and now you're making me wish I took too! Do you get to go out often? I'd love to hear about it more sometime!

p.s. are you named after the health condition??

I'm studying audiology. It's a very small field, also hence why my in game name is tinnitus =p. Diving is awesome - I haven't gone as much as I would like due to COVID, but I used to go diving weekly/bi-weekly at local lakes. It's very fun and I highly recommend it. It's not for everyone though - but I highly recommend trying it out to see if it's your jam. I never knew how big catfish really got until I started diving!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hello! 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coldstream Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:22 am

WELCOME KATE

MAYBE WE CAN BOSS TOGETHER

o7o7

p.s. welcome to the clan
Coldstream
Coldstream

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:27 am

Hey @KateHepburn

Sorry for the late reply hun! Haha oh wow thats amazing to hear Scotland is also a lovely place hehe! Very Happy and im from Yorkshire its basically like the shire hence its called Yorkshire lovely hillsides country sides little towns honestly I would never change it compared to some of the biggest cities like London our little towns are so peaceful <3 Very Happy you should definitely give Yorkshire a visit one day once this pandemic is over and done with.

Lol haha yepp we are all like one big family I told you you'd fit in just fine Very Happy
COCOMARBELLA

Hello! OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum