bhking22 intro

5 posters

Go down

bhking22 intro Empty bhking22 intro

Post by Bhking22 Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:13 am

Hey all! This is really the first clan I’ve had an interest in and everyone has been really welcoming and helpful. I played what is now RS3 from 2004-2012 and then quit. Then started on OSRS in 2018 when mobile was released. Mainly a mobile player and I’m basically mid game right now. Irl I’m from California but have lived in DC and now in North Carolina for last 6 years. Looking forward to getting to know everyone more.
Bhking22
Bhking22

Back to top Go down

bhking22 intro Empty Re: bhking22 intro

Post by twobviku Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:28 pm

Welcome to the CC! Very Happy
twobviku
twobviku

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:48 pm

Hey bhking22 and welcome to OSRS Advice!

It goes without saying that everyone here is really friendly and I'm so glad that you felt as if you wanted to join as a result of that. I can't imagine what my experience would have been like in-game if I hadn't found and joined this clan myself back when I restarted my OSRS adventures Smile

Looks like you started your RS journey before me, I joined in 2006! It looks, however, like you quit at a very similar time to me in 2012 (do I suspect an EOC dislike in you also haha?). How do you enjoy being a predominantly mobile based player after spending so many years playing the game on a PC? I only usually play on mobile when I'm commuting to and from work which, considering the current climate, isn't happening at the moment with me permanently working from home Very Happy I used to find it great for farm runs, birdhouse runs etc...

I'd say we're at the same spot in terms of being 'mid game', have you got any short or long-term goals you're working towards?

If you're interested, we've also got a clan discord that a lot of us hang out in. Joining is completely optional so only do if you feel comfortable but a lot of stuff happens in there also like hanging out in the music channel, sharing memes, chatting in the voice channels etc... Smile

A warm welcome to you from me again! My PM is always on if you need anything so don't hesitate to pop me a message anytime. Until then, take care, stay safe and happy gaming mate!

Best,
Mitch

EDIT: Forgot to give you the link for the discord if you're interested so here it is! https://discord.gg/osrsadvice
This Land
This Land

bhking22 intro YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhking22 Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:15 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! Mobile obviously inferior to pc but at this stage since I don’t have the stats for serious bossing anyway it hasn’t gotten in the way and if it is how you play almost all the time you get pretty efficient. I have a 7 mo old and mobile is easier to jump on and off of with a busy family life right now.

Biggest goal is Quest cape...up to 211 QP now but need to do some work with combat stats in order to have a chance to complete mm2, ds2, sote, and sotf. Would also like to go for fire cape once I get range up to 75 for bp. Long term who knows! Go wherever the game takes me haha
Bhking22
Bhking22

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:26 pm

Double posted. Deleting one of them.

Last edited by Spiritika on Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Spiritika
Spiritika

bhking22 intro YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi bhking22! You've been playing longer than I have - since 2006 for me. Like you, I continued playing when it transitioned into RS2/RS3. Also like you, I started playing OSRS around the time it was released on mobile. Now I play mainly on PC though will sometimes use my iPad while skilling such as woodcutting, fishing, or agility.

That's great you're already at 211 QP! Good luck on working on your combat stats and doing those last few quests! Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

bhking22 intro YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:28 pm

Bhking22 wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome! Mobile obviously inferior to pc but at this stage since I don’t have the stats for serious bossing anyway it hasn’t gotten in the way and if it is how you play almost all the time you get pretty efficient. I have a 7 mo old and mobile is easier to jump on and off of with a busy family life right now.

Biggest goal is Quest cape...up to 211 QP now but need to do some work with combat stats in order to have a chance to complete mm2, ds2, sote, and sotf. Would also like to go for fire cape once I get range up to 75 for bp. Long term who knows! Go wherever the game takes me haha

Sounds like it works for you which is the main thing!

A 7 month old... congratulations to you and your partner! I love you Can't imagine how difficult being a parent is and how much it changes the whole rhythm of life but I'm sure it's extremely rewarding at the same time and I bet he/she is a lil cutie too!!!

All the best on your QPC grind, it's definitely an awesome achievement to have and unlocks so many areas of the map too. One thing I also like about it is that even though you eventually obtain it you then have the maintain it which is quite cool, well I think so anyway Smile So long as you're getting enjoyment out of everything then +1.

Hopefully catch you in the cc soon and I really hope parenthood continues to be what I hope is much more of joy than anything else I love you
This Land
This Land

bhking22 intro YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:51 pm

Hey bhking22,

Welcome to the clan mate!

Getting the quest cape is an awesome goal. 211 QP is quite impressive to achieve mostly on mobile! I'm curious, how did you manage to do it? Did you follow any quest guides or use the wiki?

Looking forward to learn more about you too bud!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

bhking22 intro 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhking22 Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:31 am

Yea I use the wiki heavily - and most of the boss battles up to this point lack mechanics so have been more about combat lvl than anything. Although I am stuck on Vanstrom in SotF, but I tried doing it on both mobile and PC and found I actually got closer to defeating him on mobile which is kind of interesting. Wonder if there is a small contingent of primarily mobile players who have learned how to effectively boss, but I’m not there yet in the game really anyway. Look forward to getting to know you more as well!
Bhking22
Bhking22

Back to top Go down