+3
Syllabic
Bear
vietsinz
7 posters

Go down

Intro Page Empty Intro Page

Post by vietsinz Wed May 27, 2020 10:30 pm

hey fellow gamers, I'm Skill Guru X or you can call me Kenny, haha. I've been playing runescape since 2005, and let's be honest you don't quit runescape you take yearly long breaks Wink haha. I've had a main recently with max combat stats, and max cooking/fire making but i've recently got hacked and had to restart so this is my new account. I've honestly never joined a gaming community before let alone a runescape community. I saw you guys on the forums and decided to try my luck with this community. The main issue I have with games is that I can never find a group of people to play with, so i'm hoping i'll find some cool people here.
vietsinz
vietsinz

Back to top Go down

Intro Page Empty Re: Intro Page

Post by Bear Wed May 27, 2020 10:50 pm

Hey Skill, glad you made your way here so quickly. Usually when I tell people about our forums, it takes them weeks/months to sign up, if ever. Very Happy

Consider yourself 'officially' part of the clan now - feel free to hang out here, in the cc, and/or our Discord server and start working on your first promotion to Smiley.
All that currently entails is being helpful, friendly, and active, but you can see all of the details in our promotion guide I wrote last Summer if you're interested:
https://www.osrsadvice.com/t3743-how-to-best-get-promoted

Otherwise, you can also feel free to join our Discord server if interested:
https://discord.gg/OsrsAdvice

You'll find all of our events both in the Discord and listed here on the forums, such as PvM Bingo, Skill of the Week, Boss of the Week, another weekly event voted on and hosted every Saturday, etc. Prizes and loot to be had all around, and of course no entry cost.

Speaking of, we also have our clan lotto which can be found here:
https://www.osrsadvice.com/t4684-monthly-clan-lotto-2m-goodybag-may

Again, no entry cost, simply follow the directions to 'roll', and if you win or run into any issues, just shoot me a PM and I'll walk you through everything! FeelsOkayMan

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, and welcome to OSRS Advice!

Bear Wave

AKA OSRS Advice

AKA Bearadomin

AKA Bearrows

AKA King Bear

Bear
Bear

Intro Page OTXfGgg

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Thu May 28, 2020 5:08 am

Hey Kenny, nice to meet you. Sorry about the hack! Dealt with myself back in the day, but I my accounts were never particularly stacked when I was a kid, so it was no huge loss. Sure felt like it back then, though. Hopefully you can get back to where you were soon enough. What are you focusing on now that you've started fresh? Gonna go through that Wintertodt grind again to build up some starting cash? That and Cooking were two of my first moneymaker. Should be simple enough for you to power through those, considering you've already done them once before Smile

Should have no trouble finding people to hang with in the CC. We're active at all hours, and people around here are about as welcoming as they come. I think you'll enjoy yourself FeelsOkayMan

Gonna leave things there I think. Hard to top a reply from Bear Laughing

Intro Page NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmmyyy1 Thu May 28, 2020 5:36 am

Welcome Kenny Very Happy

Hope you like it here Smile
Timmmyyy1
Timmmyyy1

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Thu May 28, 2020 12:44 pm

vietsinz wrote:hey fellow gamers, I'm Skill Guru X or you can call me Kenny, haha. I've been playing runescape since 2005, and let's be honest you don't quit runescape you take yearly long breaks Wink

Hi Kenny! You're definitely right about players not quitting RuneScape but taking yearly long breaks. Wink I've been playing RuneScape since 2006 so you've been playing even longer than I have. I've taken numerous breaks over the years but never quit playing entirely. I've played on the same account since I started in 2006 and continued when it transitioned into RS3, which I played for years. I see you mentioned you had maxed combat, firemaking, and cooking. My first 99 in RS3 was cooking!

I'm sorry you were hacked but it's great you started a new account. I started playing OSRS around the time it was released on mobile and of course had to start over since my RS3 skills didn't transfer over. However, it's been kind of fun and nostalgic starting over. I'm sure you'll soon get back to where you were. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Intro Page YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier J 9 Thu May 28, 2020 6:16 pm

Welcome Kenny! Glad to have you join us! Totally agree with you about osrs being a long break kind of thing. I played in 2007-2010, left the scene, returned for a bit in 2018 and came back in 2020 Very Happy Hope you'll like it here.

See ya in the CC
Soldier J 9
Soldier J 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctivagous Thu May 28, 2020 9:39 pm

Hello, Kenny, and welcome to OSRS Advice.

It's nice to see you made a return and i'm sorry to hear that you got hacked =/.

This community is filled with caring, intelligent, and knowledgeable people, so don't ever hesitate to ask a question or just to carry on a new conversation or topic.

Thank you for giving us a chance to being your first community, I look forward to meeting you soon.

Sincerely,
Noctivagous
Noctivagous
Noctivagous

Intro Page IIyCd

Back to top Go down