+3
Syllabic
Tinnitus
Soldier J 9
7 posters

Go down

Greetings! Empty Greetings!

Post by Soldier J 9 Sat May 23, 2020 10:51 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Soldier J 9 I used to play RS back in 2007-2008 and left the scene around 2010. I returned back in 2018 but was disinterested because my real life friends had quit. I'm back now to play for the nostalgia and I found your recruitment information on the rs website. I play other games on the side too! Right now I have most of my devotion to OSRS and play usually after work. Love to get to know everyone Smile
Soldier J 9
Soldier J 9

Back to top Go down

Greetings! Empty Re: Greetings!

Post by Tinnitus Sun May 24, 2020 2:54 am

Hey Soldier!

Welcome to the clan mate. I started playing runescape around your time as well - early 2006 if I remember correctly. It's always great to see old players coming back to enjoy the grind! What are some of your goals right now?

What other games do you play besides OSRS? Personally, I enjoy League of Legends, The Forest (by EndNight), Halo: MC edition (prefer Reach the most), and ARK just to name a few.

Hope to see you in game soon. And welcome again!

Cheers!

Last edited by Tinnitus on Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Greetings! 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sun May 24, 2020 3:54 am

Hey Soldier, welcome!

I also came back to the game around the same time and quickly lost interest. Made the switch with an old IRL friend of mine, but they quit playing after about a month. Got plenty of good people to play with these days though, so no big loss there!

Make sure to come check us out on Discord, if you like! The community we have on there is maybe my favourite thing about the clan Smile

Greetings! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Sun May 24, 2020 4:02 am

Hey Soldier, welcome back to the game and a warm welcome to the clan! Very Happy

Starting the game new is as daunting as it is nostalgic because there's so many things to do but my best advice would be to make sure you do whatever it is you enjoy, having fun makes any sort of grind way easier! Wishing you all the best with whatever it is you're setting yourself for goals Smile

EDIT: Removed this as I was beaten to the discord info splash by Syllabic, here's the link for it anyway I think he might've missed it from the word 'discord' (I've never worked out how he does that in a clever way to make it look fancy lol): https://discord.gg/osrsadvice

All that's left for me to say is another warm welcome back to the game and to OSRS Advice. PM is always on if you need anything so feel free to add me and pop me a message if you ever have question or just want to say hey Smile Until then take care and stay safe!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Greetings! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Sun May 24, 2020 4:40 am

hey mate, welcome back!
coming back can be quite hard, but I found that as I level, I seem to get more hooked, Hope to see you around the clan Smile

cheers,
Johno
Johno
Johno

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommy Jade Sun May 24, 2020 4:57 am

Welcome to our clan Smile,
and welcome back to osrs if you need any help my pms are always open Smile.
Mommy Jade
Mommy Jade

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier J 9 Sun May 24, 2020 8:48 am

Thanks for the welcome all!

Currently I'm working on 99 farming 800k till 99 Smile and just trying to build my account back to where I left it back in the day.

Other games I play include Elder Scrolls Online, I dabble in a little League of Legends but not often, and Halo MCC

I've joined the discord! Look forward to seeing you guys in game
Soldier J 9
Soldier J 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Sun May 24, 2020 9:35 am

Hi Soldier! I started playing RuneScape around the same time you did - 2006 for me and I continued playing with the transition into RS3 which I played for years. I started playing OSRS around the time it was released on mobile and find it very nostalgic. It's been fun re-learning things as well as learning the new content.

Other than RuneScape, my favorite game is Skyrim though unfortunately I'm unable to play it right now because of huge fps drops due to my old PC. I've also played a bit of Oblivion and Elder Scrolls Online and like how the lore ties in across the ES games. What other games do you play on the side?

Edit ~ You must have posted your reply right as I was posting mine. I see you also enjoy Elder Scrolls Online! Smile

Also, good luck with 99 farming! You're almost there! Very Happy
Spiritika
Spiritika

Greetings! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier J 9 Sun May 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Thanks Spiritika! And yes I LOVE skyrim and oblivion. When I stopped playing OSRS in 2018 I switched to ESO for a bit Very Happy

Thanks! I can't wait for that cape!
Soldier J 9
Soldier J 9

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum