Hello :)

+2
Timmmyyy1
Spiritika
6 posters

Go down

Hello :) Empty Hello :)

Post by Spiritika Mon May 11, 2020 5:10 pm

Hi! I saw this clan listed on the OSRS Clans section of the forums so decided to visit the friend chat. I've found those in the chat to be mature, friendly, helpful, and active and I've enjoyed visiting in the chat.

I've been playing RuneScape since the summer of 2006 and continued playing when it transitioned into RS3. With the release of OSRS on mobile, I became interested OSRS and played it on mobile as well as on PC. Currently I'm not active in RS3 but I'm enjoying OSRS. It reminds me of when I first began playing RuneScape.

I enjoy skilling and some PvM combat though not bossing. My favorite thing to do in OSRS is quests!
Spiritika
Spiritika

Hello :) YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Hello :) Empty Re: Hello :)

Post by Timmmyyy1 Mon May 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Welcome Very Happy
Timmmyyy1
Timmmyyy1

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Mon May 11, 2020 9:33 pm

Welcome Spiritika

Quest's are a very different thing to love the most! (Haven't heard that one much)
But hey each to their own! Wink

Glad to see you've enjoyed your time in the CC look forward to getting to chat with ya more! Smile
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

Hello :) 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Mon May 11, 2020 9:46 pm

Hi Spiritika,

Welcome to the offsite!

It was funny running into you at the desert - hope to see you around in game more Smile
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hello :) 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Mon May 11, 2020 10:02 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Smile

@Timmmyyy1, it's great to meet you!

@The_Gamed, regarding quests I probably shouldn't tell you I don't spacebar through but that I read all the dialogue. Wink

@Tinnitus, yes it was fun flying across the desert with you. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Tue May 12, 2020 1:12 am

Hey Spiritika! We started playing around the same time, but I only lasted about 3-4 years before all my original RS friends disappeared for good... I've been pretty lucky finding new ones though, so it's not all bad.

Around when did you get your PMod crown? I always wanted to be one when I was a kid. Definitely wasn't cut out to be one back then, mind you. Not altogether sure I'm cut out for it these days either, haha.

Quests are an interesting favourite activity for sure. I used to enjoy them a lot when I was a kid, but I think that stemmed somewhat from my complete inability to play efficiently. Now that I'm a little more concerned with progressing my account, as opposed to having fun, I tend to just skip through a lot of the exposition and such. I have to give Jagex credit where it's due, though; there's a lot of really funny dialogue crammed into this game.

And yeah, I used to be a skiller pretty much exclusively back in the day. Barely ever touched slayer, and the idea of bossing never even really entered my mind Laughing Slowly unpacking more of what the game has to offer, though.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. Glad you're enjoying the CC so far! Catch ya in-game or on Discord soon FeelsOkayMan

Hello :) NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Tue May 12, 2020 2:50 am

Spiritika wrote:Hi! I saw this clan listed on the OSRS Clans section of the forums so decided to visit the friend chat. I've found those in the chat to be mature, friendly, helpful, and active and I've enjoyed visiting in the chat.

I've been playing RuneScape since the summer of 2006 and continued playing when it transitioned into RS3. With the release of OSRS on mobile, I became interested OSRS and played it on mobile as well as on PC. Currently I'm not active in RS3 but I'm enjoying OSRS. It reminds me of when I first began playing RuneScape.

I enjoy skilling and some PvM combat though not bossing. My favorite thing to do in OSRS is quests!

Hey Spiritika and welcome to OSRS Advice! Smile Smile

Quick question from the get go, does your name come from the similarly named movie about the Ouija Board? If so, great stuff and if not then it's an awesome horror movie I'd definitely recommend it (though perhaps watch it with some company haha).

It's awesome to hear you've been enjoying your time in the CC and lovely to see you've already received a warm welcome here on the offsite too! Getting 275 QPs for my QPC was a massive journey that I really enjoyed, how close are you to hitting that goal yourself on OSRS? One of my favorite parts of questing was always needing to reach certain level requirements so before even starting a given quest you were faced with reaching certain pre-requisite milestones, and that has definitely spilled over into my wider game play as I would say I probably prefer skilling ever so slightly over PvM!

We've got an event that runs pretty much every other week here called Skill of the Week, as someone who enjoys skilling it might definitely be something you'd want to participate in (although sometimes, like this week for example, slayer is the skill of the week lol). Here's the link to thread for more information on it to see if you'd be interested in signing up: https://www.osrsadvice.com/t4060-skill-of-the-week

I saw that Syllabic / Brodie mentioned the discord but I think forgot to add the link for it to the word 'Discord' like he usually cleverly does (I have no idea how to make it that fancy haha) so here's the link for that also: https://discord.gg/osrsadvice - Not only is a great place to hang out and chat other than in our official OSRS Advice cc in-game but there's always tons of memes / funny videos flying about as well as more information on some others events we have running Smile

All that's left for me to say is a warm welcome to you once again and hopefully we get to chat some more when we're both online! My PM is always on too if you ever need anything. Until them, take care stay safe and happy gaming Very Happy

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Tue May 12, 2020 11:34 am

Syllabic wrote:Around when did you get your PMod crown? I always wanted to be one when I was a kid. Definitely wasn't cut out to be one back then, mind you. Not altogether sure I'm cut out for it these days either, haha.

In May 2007 back when I was still in F2P.

Syllabic wrote:
Quests are an interesting favourite activity for sure. I used to enjoy them a lot when I was a kid, but I think that stemmed somewhat from my complete inability to play efficiently. Now that I'm a little more concerned with progressing my account, as opposed to having fun, I tend to just skip through a lot of the exposition and such. I have to give Jagex credit where it's due, though; there's a lot of really funny dialogue crammed into this game.

I'm quite the opposite. In RS3 with the exception of Invention which is level 50 and Archaeology which is level 1, all my skills are 99 or higher so I'm less concerned with efficiency and progressing my account and more focused on playing leisurely and having fun this time around.

I love the funny dialogue you mentioned that Jagex incorporates into their quests! There are also some great Easter eggs making references to other games, television shows, literature, etc. I've also gotten into the practice of using the "examine" feature on items and NPCs, especially during quests - which of course tends to extend the quest length considerably. Wink  So much of the examine text has equally funny or Easter egg type references.

Syllabic wrote:And yeah, I used to be a skiller pretty much exclusively back in the day. Barely ever touched slayer, and the idea of bossing never even really entered my mind Laughing Slowly unpacking more of what the game has to offer, though.

I admire your perspective of unpacking more of what the game has to offer. That's a great way to experience the game! The only bossing I did in RS3 was going to God Wars and always with clan mates but perhaps one day, maybe, eventually I'll get brave enough to give bossing a go.  pale

Thanks for the warm welcome! Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Tue May 12, 2020 12:01 pm

This Land wrote:Quick question from the get go, does your name come from the similarly named movie about the Ouija Board? If so, great stuff and if not then it's an awesome horror movie I'd definitely recommend it (though perhaps watch it with some company haha).

Hi Mitch! Thanks for the warm welcome. I had never heard of that movie so looked it up though don't know if I would watch it because I get too scared watching horror movies. affraid

The name "Spiritika" is a variation of the word "cumspiritik" from the Dinotopia books by James Gurney. The word means "breathing together." Back before I started playing RuneScape I used to participate in forum roleplay based on the Dinotopia books. My main character befriended one of the dinosaurs and their unlikely relationship could be described as "cumspiritik."

I tried to link the description of the word from the Dinotopia Wiki but can't post links yet so I'll just copy/paste it:

Cumspiritik is the Dinotopian word for marriage or close friendship. It etymological origins are Latin. Cum is a prefix meaning with or together. Spiritik comes from a Latinised version of the Sanskrit Spira, which encompasses both breath (As in respiraton), and life-force (As in spirit). Literally, cumspiritik (Like conspire) means "breathing together", but it can also be taken to mean "of one spirit".

This Land wrote:Getting 275 QPs for my QPC was a massive journey that I really enjoyed, how close are you to hitting that goal yourself on OSRS? One of my favorite parts of questing was always needing to reach certain level requirements so before even starting a given quest you were faced with reaching certain pre-requisite milestones, and that has definitely spilled over into my wider game play as I would say I probably prefer skilling ever so slightly over PvM!

Currently I have 160 QPs so I still have a long way to go! Like you, I enjoy striving for the milestones and pre-requisites for quests. I think it's a great way to reach goals while incorporating some variation into my game so I'm not just focused on leveling one skill at a time. I enjoyed a quest cape for a period of time in RS3 but fell behind as new quests were released. Hopefully once I acquire the QPC in OSRS I'll be able to wear it for awhile.  Cool

This Land wrote:We've got an event that runs pretty much every other week here called Skill of the Week, as someone who enjoys skilling it might definitely be something you'd want to participate in (although sometimes, like this week for example, slayer is the skill of the week lol). Here's the link to thread for more information on it to see if you'd be interested in signing up:

I saw that Syllabic / Brodie mentioned the discord but I think forgot to add the link for it to the word 'Discord' like he usually cleverly does (I have no idea how to make it that fancy haha) so here's the link for that also: - Not only is a great place to hang out and chat other than in our official OSRS Advice cc in-game but there's always tons of memes / funny videos flying about as well as more information on some others events we have running Smile

I saw the Skill of the Week mentioned in the in-game chat and needless to say, I won't be signing up for slayer. Laughing However, I'll watch for future non-combat skills and may sign up. Smile

I joined the Discord yesterday but haven't yet participated as I want to read the rules and view the different areas which I plan to do sometime today.
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Tue May 12, 2020 12:14 pm

Spiritika wrote:
This Land wrote:Quick question from the get go, does your name come from the similarly named movie about the Ouija Board? If so, great stuff and if not then it's an awesome horror movie I'd definitely recommend it (though perhaps watch it with some company haha).

Hi Mitch! Thanks for the warm welcome. I had never heard of that movie so looked it up though don't know if I would watch it because I get too scared watching horror movies. affraid

The name "Spiritika" is a variation of the word "cumspiritik" from the Dinotopia books by James Gurney. The word means "breathing together." Back before I started playing RuneScape I used to participate in forum roleplay based on the Dinotopia books. My main character befriended one of the dinosaurs and their unlikely relationship could be described as "cumspiritik."

I tried to link the description of the word from the Dinotopia Wiki but can't post links yet so I'll just copy/paste it:

Cumspiritik is the Dinotopian word for marriage or close friendship. It etymological origins are Latin. Cum is a prefix meaning with or together. Spiritik comes from a Latinised version of the Sanskrit Spira, which encompasses both breath (As in respiraton), and life-force (As in spirit). Literally, cumspiritik (Like conspire) means "breathing together", but it can also be taken to mean "of one spirit".

This Land wrote:Getting 275 QPs for my QPC was a massive journey that I really enjoyed, how close are you to hitting that goal yourself on OSRS? One of my favorite parts of questing was always needing to reach certain level requirements so before even starting a given quest you were faced with reaching certain pre-requisite milestones, and that has definitely spilled over into my wider game play as I would say I probably prefer skilling ever so slightly over PvM!

Currently I have 160 QPs so I still have a long way to go! Like you, I enjoy striving for the milestones and pre-requisites for quests. I think it's a great way to reach goals while incorporating some variation into my game so I'm not just focused on leveling one skill at a time. I enjoyed a quest cape for a period of time in RS3 but fell behind as new quests were released. Hopefully once I acquire the QPC in OSRS I'll be able to wear it for awhile.  Cool

This Land wrote:We've got an event that runs pretty much every other week here called Skill of the Week, as someone who enjoys skilling it might definitely be something you'd want to participate in (although sometimes, like this week for example, slayer is the skill of the week lol). Here's the link to thread for more information on it to see if you'd be interested in signing up:

I saw that Syllabic / Brodie mentioned the discord but I think forgot to add the link for it to the word 'Discord' like he usually cleverly does (I have no idea how to make it that fancy haha) so here's the link for that also: - Not only is a great place to hang out and chat other than in our official OSRS Advice cc in-game but there's always tons of memes / funny videos flying about as well as more information on some others events we have running Smile

I saw the Skill of the Week mentioned in the in-game chat and needless to say, I won't be signing up for slayer. Laughing However, I'll watch for future non-combat skills and may sign up. Smile

I joined the Discord yesterday but haven't yet participated as I want to read the rules and view the different areas which I plan to do sometime today.

No problem at all, glad to be a part of the warm welcome! Smile

Ah I see... that's definitely not where I thought it came from! Funnily enough, whilst I've never read the books I did watch the old Dinotopia movies when I was younger. It was a two or three part disc set (lol) with Wentworth Miller as one of the main characters. Got super fond memories of going over to my grandmas house on a Sunday morning and having her make me 2 fried eggs on toast and me sitting on the sofa watching Dinotopia Very Happy Very Happy

Wishing you all the best with your QPC goal and I hopefully the next SOTW is a non-combat skill that you can get involved with!

Again... a warm welcome to you and I look forward to chatting more when we're both in-game Smile

Best,
Mitch

P.S. you know how to use the offsite better than me already as I have no idea how to segment different quotes from the same message so I've just done mine in one go underneath your reply like the novice I am haha. Take care!
This Land
This Land

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum