vit
SwekSpek
Autocrat
43 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rest in Peace Run Empty Rest in Peace Run

Post by Autocrat Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:50 am

I have heard sad news today. Runtellthat4 passed away on February 4th 2020.

Rest in Peace Run Unknown

I don't know where to start. I am not really great with words. The reason I stayed in this clan was because of people like Run, Ladybird and so many others. The first memory I have of this clan is of me asking in the CC whether I could use someone's poh to make teleport tabs. I was almost a 100% sure no one would let me. I was pleasantly surprised when LB said I could. And then she stood in her poh for 30 mins while I made tabs. Run was also someone like that, selfless and in touch with the lowest of the cc members. He cared about everyone. He always emphasized to the ranks that they should care about each individual.

Run took over the clan when Grey left. That was a really difficult time for the clan. Grey was planning on quitting and there was no one that wanted to lead the clan. I was busy with my studies, my degree was finishing and I planned on doing masters. Ladybird had no interest. So it was Runtellthat4 that stepped up for the clan. At that time I didn't know that Run was having his own health issues. But regardless of that he lead the clan in a difficult time even though he himself did not want to lead.

Run was always willing to listen. When I mentioned that discord would be nice for the members that PVM. He was surprisingly open minded. He even tried out discord with me. And he trusted me enough to allow me to set up a discord when at one point just mentioning voice chat in the clan would result in a kick and ban.

I will always be grateful for the trust he had in me. We did have our disagreements on various things. After not playing for a few months, I unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to talk to Run. That is one regret I will have.

RIP Run. We miss you terribly.

Autocrat
Autocrat

Rest in Peace Run IIyCd

Spide

Back to top Go down

Rest in Peace Run Empty Re: Rest in Peace Run

Post by SwekSpek Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:56 am

May he rest in peace and I hope his family (or grandson) know Run had so many people who loved talking to him. He did a good job running the clan for the time being.

Rest in Peace Run 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by vit Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:04 am

I never knew Run in his prime of cc activity unfortunately, however, he has PM'd me quite a few times and always seemed like a lovely person. A sad time indeed.
vit
vit

Rest in Peace Run U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by PugTart Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:11 am

such sad news Sad. rest in peace, Run.
PugTart
PugTart

Rest in Peace Run YP5zkAJ

hp

Back to top Go down

Post by Zvny Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:23 am

Sad news to hear...
Zvny
Zvny

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:59 am

Run was so much more to me than just a clan mate, I loved our chats about life, and politics ( always a dodgy one) but fun ! ….and family life and so much more, it was such a nice easy relationship on a personal level whilst overseeing the clan. I count myself lucky to have known him and had his friendship. Rest in Peace Run... if anyone can find his post about how he met his 'gal' it is really worth a read, and encaptures the man behind the screen that I got to know and love and will miss very much. I love you
ladybird2

Rest in Peace Run NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by omg_i_p Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:44 am

Oh no, that's terrible news. Rest in peace Run.

I think it's great he shared a hobby with his grandson.

Those of you with older loved ones, please tell them you love them, spend some time with them. You never know when it might be too late.
omg_i_p
omg_i_p

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:07 am

I never interacted with Run during his peak, for lack of a better term. But I've heard plenty of things secondhand, and I suppose now that will have to suffice.

I feel for everyone here that's lost something in the wake of this news; a leader, a confidant, a beloved grandfather. It's a beautiful thing, frankly, that we're able to form and maintain these close relationships using something as unlikely as Runescape as the conduit.

I hope you all have fond memories to look back on.

Rest in peace.

Rest in Peace Run NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:14 am

Always loved having words with Run talks were nice. Condolences to all. <3
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Ross Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:28 am

This is such terribly sad news.. I spoke to run briefly a few months ago (I think he was on RS3). An easy and pleasant person to speak to and always willing to help..

Thank you Auto for sharing this with us.
Matt Ross
Matt Ross

Back to top Go down

Post by Coalgirls Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:21 am

My condolences to his family, this is very sad news.
Coalgirls
Coalgirls

Back to top Go down

Post by Catnaros Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:23 am

Sad news indeed, much love to those he left behind <3
Catnaros
Catnaros

Rest in Peace Run ZL9RG

Back to top Go down

Post by TGOD1991 Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:34 am

Rest in peace gpa! <3 Runtellthat4 will never be forgotten. This might be a little out of the ordinary but it's how we are as an entire family, I do have some of his ashes with me so he can still hear the sounds of runescape, mouse and keyboard clicking. RIP<3
TGOD1991
TGOD1991

Rest in Peace Run YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Advice Bot Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:38 am

Always remember: without Run, there would be no OSRS Advice.

For those of you looking for a bit of the OSRS Advice/Runtellthat4 lore:
Run was part of an EOC-turned-OSRS social clan that I stumbled into during the first few weeks of OSRS. I hadn't played for a few years, so I had many questions and needed a few friends. The dynamic of that clan was... interesting. It was managed by three people and the chat was dominated by about six of their friends. So as a newcomer, I was generally ignored, as I was not part of their inner circle.

Run was a rank, but not a star, so he was in the same boat... He was the one to welcome newcomers and helped when needed, while the moderators would sit back and banter. I recognized this and added him. We chatted and became better friends. After awhile, I told him I enjoyed his presence, and the presence of a few others I had met, but the clan dynamic wasn't working. He agreed. He explained that this is the way things had always been. Somehow, the topic of creating our own clan came up. He wasn't quite sold. But I told him I will try and will remain in touch. His advice was to create a clan where newcomers feel the same love as generals and would not be ignored when they ask for help.

Fast forward a few days or weeks... After creating a catchy name and spending many hours of hopping around to promote OSRS Advice, we had a core group of members. Run was always online, so I provided him updates as we were growing. Eventually, he had more faith that the clan was going to work. So he formally left the elitist clan and joined OSRS Advice.

Now, I wanted to simply give him the general rank that I felt he deserved. As he was the guy who helped prompt the creation of the clan. But he refused. He wanted to be treated the same as the newcomers and earn his rank like they had to. So he joined the chat as a smiley. And over several years of dedicating thousands of hours to the clan, he earned his general rank.

--

Run was always instrumental in sharing the vision of the clan with as many as he could in a day. Whether he was talking to a newcomer or reminding ranks, he deeply cared about our values. He would often challenge us. But this was always so we would see the full picture, and make decisions that were in the best interest of the members. He mentored many of these members. His PM was always on, and we knew he was a no-nonsense-kind-of-guy. He was a great guy to approach for advice, both related to the game and life.

Run will be missed, but his spirit will always be present in the clan. It was his guiding principals - to treat everyone equally and help those in need - that allowed us to become the clan (and people) we are today.

Fly high, Run.
Advice Bot

Rest in Peace Run EXUiqne

Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Maarku Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:56 am

Rest in peace Run. You will be missed.
Maarku
Maarku

Back to top Go down

Post by J ordon Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:58 am

RIP Run, you will be missed.

J ordon

Back to top Go down

Post by Iwan Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:06 pm

My condolences to all friends and family,

Even tho i havnt shared many words with runtell, i have heard all the great stories about him. I will miss randomly bumping into him in his trademark outfit while skilling.

You shall be missed run, and may your soul rest in peace <3
Iwan
Iwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:09 pm

RIP Run, I'm glad we got to patch things up between us in the end.

Still have the picture he sent me that he couldn't stop laughing about, glad I kept it.

Rest in Peace Run 2cute10

AKA OSRS Advice

AKA Bearadomin

AKA Bearrows

AKA King Bear

Bear
Bear

Rest in Peace Run OTXfGgg

Back to top Go down

Post by Alerio Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:55 pm

Such sad news.. No one can put a finger on Run, he cared for everyone and wanted everyone to succeed.

May his soul rest in peace.
Alerio
Alerio

Back to top Go down

Post by Orangemangud Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:01 pm

May he rest in peace. Joined the clan after he died but wished i knew him. Sounded like a very fine gentlemen.
Orangemangud
Orangemangud

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum