What makes your favorite skill your fave?

+16
Mr_EDM
Tickmark
Mimikyutie
Reflektzz
Kai Whiston
SwekSpek
Repo man91
elemntsk8ter
vit
Purple Dude
Bear
ladybird2
DabbingBrb
This Land
0RC
Sappiness
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What makes your favorite skill your fave? Empty What makes your favorite skill your fave?

Post by Sappiness Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:54 am

So we know why alot of people hate certain skills, why do we love them?

I myself love Farming, I'm into games like Stardew Valley and I love to passively train a skill if I can.

How cool is it that one moment I'm slaying some huge Blue Dragon, afterwards still battle-scarred I'm calmly making sure these little plants have the care they need?

It's wholesome, it's calming, the progression is steady - doesn't really decline for me yet and the Farming Guild is gorgeous!

What makes your favorite skill your fave? Latest?cb=20180308215627

One day you'll be mine, with just enough patience Smile
Sappiness
Sappiness

What makes your favorite skill your fave? YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

What makes your favorite skill your fave? Empty Re: What makes your favorite skill your fave?

Post by 0RC Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:01 am

Slayer, by far. Hitman for hire; access to lots of loot and resources without having to grind out some of the other skills. It was my first 'big' 99 back in '07 and it'll probably be my first 'big' one this time too
0RC
0RC

Back to top Go down

What makes your favorite skill your fave? Empty Re: What makes your favorite skill your fave?

Post by This Land Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:08 am

Love this area, especially how even though we're a really positive clan we all seem to talk more about what we dislike like you said!

1) Farming - same reasons as you plus it's good money at higher levels! (Toadflax/Avantoe for low risk profit. Ranarr/Snapdragon/Torstol for high risk profit).

2) Agility - exclusive 99 club! Awesome cape design and emote Very Happy
This Land
This Land

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:36 am

I just had an epiphany, I don't think I have a favorite skill. Back on Rs2 Hunter was my favorite, with fletching second. Now I can't stand both of those skills lol. I guess I would say Fishing is my favorite, as it was my first real 99 on OSRS (cooking doesn't count) and I had to work my butt off over a long period of time to get it.

I think I enjoy Fishing so much because there's so much variety in what you can do. On the way to 99 I split my time between Barbarian fishing, catching minnows, monkfish, Sacred Eels, and more that I'm probably forgetting. Some methods are faster exp but others are better money, so it just depends on what you feel like doing or how afk you want to play. Fishing for SOTW make it happen

What makes your favorite skill your fave? Dabna10

What makes your favorite skill your fave? Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

What makes your favorite skill your fave? NuD0cpJ

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:06 am

I would never have placed skilling on my priorities list, Ive always favoured combat, however when the farm guild came out I embraced farming and did it exclusively ( with a few bird house runs as well/because you can) and my first cape became the farming one. Following on the hunter theme I got the requirements to stay on fossil island and hunt herbivores, on of the additional pleasures was bumping into clan, and that's the same with farm guild too. I have already noticed what a sociable sotw thieving has become this time, with volunteer splashers and people thieving together, if chat is anything to go by. I have mentioned a time or two in the past that Seers would make a good skilling place for bank standing, as long as you had sufficient supplies, and those collecting flax, doing agility or even wc or fm the old fashioned way could log in there, or somewhere else on w354 and meet up.
Tl has got me out of my comfort zone and being a pretend ironwoman has made me appreciate having to weave so many more things into my game just like when I started, and I like aerial fishing and I know rc is popular there.
Currently i'd say farming and I intend to bring my main back after tl to get her a farming cape too, and maybe do tithe farm for the outfit!!! just for fun.
Happy skilling everyone. flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower lol!
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:00 am

I'm still sat in Ladybird's early stages - still favoring combat and therefore Slayer is my go-to as it lets me train all my combat stats while also making money. That said, I don't believe I've ever trained Slayer above 80 while having previously gotten maxed combat multiple times in the past lol. Maybe farming will take over myself soon enough. Wink

If I had to choose a non-combat skill right now however then I'd probably lean towards Fishing. There's the nostalgia factor for me and it's also something I can do so mindlessly and afk that I never have to worry about not making some progress. Even if it's laying in bed waiting to fall asleep, whip out mobile and start an inv. When I wake up, hey free 27 lobbies! tongue

AKA OSRS Advice

AKA Bearadomin

AKA Bearrows

AKA King Bear

Bear
Bear

What makes your favorite skill your fave? OTXfGgg

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dude Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:01 am

My fav skill depends on the account I play
On a main/non-Iron my fav skill is Runecrafting, on an Iron, my fav skill is Agility

Reasons:
Runecrafting really makes each lvl such a satisfying thing, since it takes so much work, like 98-99 with nats is 40 hours, also good money
Agility makes me feel like a ninja.. thats basically it lol bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by vit Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:09 am

SLAYER SLAYER SLAYER! I feel like I need some direction in my life which is the slayer task, but then I like how I can do that task in multiple ways Smile
vit
vit

What makes your favorite skill your fave? U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:10 am

You are a Ninja Kan Smile. Bear drift to sleep at monks...that's my go to log in log out place where I can practically guarantee a full inv on my return.
Farm guild is super special, if you are an airhead like me, there is a seed store to save space in your bank and a bank if you forget stuff as well as a farmer to thieve, and a shop...and a free spade and bucket that even an iron can steal. ( did I confess my addiction to bucket stealing...looting or rather not looting has been my most challenging experience as an ironwoman btw. Get that skills necklace and start those contracts you wont regret it Smile
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by elemntsk8ter Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:21 pm

My favorite skill is defense. It was my first 99 and I'm of the mind set "please don't kill me turned, can't touch this da na na na"
What makes your favorite skill your fave? Can-amp-039-t-touch-this_o_2071709
elemntsk8ter
elemntsk8ter

Back to top Go down

Post by Repo man91 Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:02 pm

I'm a big fan of mining. I'm only 88 but I'm pretty sure it's the skill I've worked on most consistently. Can't wait for the day I can afford my first dragon pickaxe.

Hunter might be a close second, but I have a lot of work to do on that Smile
Repo man91
Repo man91

Back to top Go down

Post by SwekSpek Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:46 am

My fav skill is Runecrafting and mostly because it's nice gp, every lvl is a grind and maybe just because so many ppl dislike it!

Might do some more rc after max, not sure yet!

My second fav skill is slayer I think!

What makes your favorite skill your fave? 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Whiston Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:01 pm

I too enjoy Slayer the most. It gives justification for a lot of things worth doing in the game. I get to go to a variety of places, to kill a variety of things, however I like & want to. It also happens to be a good moneymaker on top of that.
Kai Whiston
Kai Whiston

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflektzz Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:01 am

Would have to say hp is my fave.

Can never have enough hitpoints and the cape looks cool as.
Reflektzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimikyutie Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:01 am

Construction is by far my favorite skill.

I'm very much an efficiency aficionado. When I set out to complete a task, I have to be somewhat efficient in my approach to getting it done.

One of the biggest hurdles Runescape experienced was the massive map and transporting around it. Construction filled that role by making your POH a portal hub. Having access to teleports that will cover 95% of the map is a very overpowered perk to have on an account.

Back in the days of RS2, my favorite skill would have been Prayer. I even went so far as to make it my first 99 for the untrimmed cape, but now my views have shifted. I decided to shoot for Construction because I knew just how OP having the Cons Cape would be in completing every other task. It was my first big achievement on my account.

And booooooy, was I right. Because I have access to the Construction Cape and infinite teleports to literally everywhere in the game, I can approach how I finish my tasks in a completely different way. Any time I'm off to do anything in the game, my first grab is the cape. It doesn't matter what I am doing. The cape goes with me.

The approach difference in how I play is now so much more convenient than it ever was. I honestly believe Construction is the most OP skill in the game and is 100% deserved of its price point.

What makes your favorite skill your fave? M38wJkj

Back to top Go down

Post by Tickmark Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:22 pm

For a long while, it was farming (which I still do love). I almost always have my farming cape in my inventory just for the spirit tree/bank utility factor.

Currently it is slayer. Like Pid said, I also like being give some structure and told what to do. I'm enjoying it even more now trying to grind through as many tasks as possible to get a sniff at a Hydra task.
Tickmark
Tickmark

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_EDM Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:54 pm

favorite skill probably slayer, i like to play afk and do other things, cannoning slayer tasks while getting xp in slayer and combat stats and making money, nothing can beat it.

Worst skill, Runecrafting/agility, my oh my, back when i was 14 i was able to sit down and click for hours and hours for these skills but now i just think they are wayyyy to time consuming to train
Mr_EDM
Mr_EDM

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawrr xD Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:29 am

My favourite skill would have to be Slayer. The task-based nature of it giving you something different and random to do each time helps break up the grind that other skills have, and the fact you're gaining exp for 6 other skills at the same time AND making a lot of gold, I don't think anything beats it really. Sad that I've hit 99 in it now and swapped to levelling other skills though.
Rawrr xD

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:27 pm

Fishing is super chill, and depending on your mood you can do more afk centric activities or focus more on making gp. My only regret is getting 99 fishing as I have no motivation to train it anymore

What makes your favorite skill your fave? Dabna10

What makes your favorite skill your fave? Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post by PvM Isaac Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:09 pm

Farming -> because you only have to do it for 10 minutes a day. It's really nice to see the xp building up overtime with little effort.
PvM Isaac
PvM Isaac

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next