Dangerous places for beginners

5 posters

Go down

Dangerous places for beginners Empty Dangerous places for beginners

Post by LeeSinToMom Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:38 am

Hello everyone, according to my todays big fail i would like to know what i need to know to not get taken into the wilderness or other dangerous places.

the story behind my question is that i did a quest with another player, because he helped me with the quest before i did not look into a guide, since he was very helpfull. in the quest there he told me to bring best weapon and armor to killing the boss at the end of the quest and my money from the bank to buy items he sells which i can sell for a bit more in the grand market.

so i pulled a leaver in the village north of the barbarian village and west of the river next to varrok. after that i landed in wilderness, walked a bit north and got killed by the same player. i have a bit of the rune items left but the coins and other armor and food are gone. i also could not pick them up later, as i checked that.

are there any other dumb things i should avoid pulling or going to?
sorry for my english and thank you in advance.

greetings
Mahmut

LeeSinToMom
LeeSinToMom

Dangerous places for beginners OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Dangerous places for beginners Empty Re: Dangerous places for beginners

Post by Catnaros Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:50 am

Unfortunately you got scammed which is common in this game, I would recommend if anyone ever asks you to follow them somewhere, I would ask in clan chat if it's a good idea, anyone in our chat will be more than willing to answer any questions before you go somewhere.

If you wanna PM me next time you're on, I can give you some money to buy some armor back c:
Catnaros
Catnaros

Dangerous places for beginners ZL9RG

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:14 pm

A couple of pointers to keep you safe in the future:
Never enter the Wilderness with items you aren't willing to lose.
Never take all your money off the bank. Keep the money in the bank until you're sure you'll need it with you.

Lastly, never trust a stranger at their word. Verify their information, and check with clanmates. Many others have experienced trickery and deceit in the game, and the shared experiences will help you make better informed decisions.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Dangerous places for beginners YP5zkAJ

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:53 pm

I am so sorry this happened to you Sad unfortunately there are a lot of people in the game that will take advantage of you and try to scam you out of your items, definitely ask in the cc if something feels off, unfortunately the guy had lured you into a false sense of security by questing with you.

I would be happy to donate you an in game bond to help with your lost items and loss of bank, it's not much but I'd be happy to help Smile
Avallan
Avallan

Dangerous places for beginners YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeSinToMom Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:04 am

thanks for thoose information, i gues some things are like in real life. trust your gang but noone. luckily i found 3 ranarr seeds yesterday, i almost got all rune items back
LeeSinToMom
LeeSinToMom

Dangerous places for beginners OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dude Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:43 am

Some safety tips:
What you pulled is known as the Edge Lever. It takes you to Lvl 56 Wilderness. There are 2 of these levers, the 2nd one is located in Ardougne a bit north of the castle in a small shed. It will do the same as the edge one, for some its a quick teleport to Ardougne, since if you pull the one in Edge, then pull the one in wild you end up in Ardougne Smile

Another thing that sometimes happens, some trolls like to go into a group of people and use the group teleport from the Lunar Spellbook that takes you to Ice Plateau which is also in Lvl 50 Wilderness. Of course you have to accept the request for teleporting, but some click yes accidentally.
To prevent this situation you just have to toggle aid off like in this picture:
Dangerous places for beginners Fdba739bcd2653b005a3c480e593dfae

As mentioned above: Only bring stuff you are willing to lose into the Wilderness Smile

Dangerous places for beginners NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down