Rhastae List of Genres and preferences

3 posters

Go down

Rhastae List of Genres and preferences Empty Rhastae List of Genres and preferences

Post by Rhastae Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:06 pm

List Incomplete. To be finished at a later date.

Hi. I like music. A lot. I've studied it, I've taught it, I've listened to a lot of it.

Within this topic lies some of my favourite titles across various genres. Perhaps you'll find something new you enjoy, be it a song or an entire genre. I'll limit 5 titles, by different artists/groups/composers/bands, each genre. Oh, and the 'genre' category will be pretty vague, borderline inaccurate, and since I'm a pianist, biased at times. Finally - I can't possibly fit everything. There's a LOT that isn't mentioned in each genre, as you can tell. I'll also be avoiding the MOST obvious titles of a genre (Eg. instead of Chopin Nocturne no. 1 or 2, why not listen to Chopine Nocturne op. 55 no. 1 in f minor, especially if you watch Rick and Morty?).

There WILL be a lot of songs missing in each genre, as I'm limiting it to 5. If you got any suggestions for me to add, do feel free to reply.

I'll be updating this list as I go along in the "Newly Added" Section when I find something that could replace the existing list, with the top being the most recently added. I'll put [Genre] in front of the names, along with the dates (and the user of whomever contributed it).

Lastly, some music will obviously contain inappropriate content, including (but not limited to) explicit descriptions of violence, sexual references, swearing, aggressive vocabulary or instrumentation. Listen at your own discretion, and keep in mind what genre you're diving into. This is my own list, with my own preferences. You may agree or disagree with my selection as you'd like.

Piano Concerto:

Classical (General):

Piano Solos:

Misc. 'Classical':

Rock:

Metal:

Headbang Rock / Metal:

Time Signature Fun with Rock / Metal:

Dream Theater (Because they deserve an entire category):

Instrumental Metal:

Hip Hop:

Misc Rap:

Movie Soundtracks:

"Epic" Music:

Anime Soundtracks:

Game Soundtracks:

Awesome Question Marks:

Check This Out:

Last edited by Zvny on Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : On users request.)
Rhastae
Rhastae

Back to top Go down

Rhastae List of Genres and preferences Empty Re: Rhastae List of Genres and preferences

Post by Avallan Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:05 pm

Amazing thread! Thanks for sharing some of those amazing pieces of music, I have a fairly eclectic taste in music and will pretty much listen to anything.

These are just a few of my favourite classical pieces

Spoiler:

I'm definitely not as knowledgeable about music as yourself, I can't play a musical instrument,  and I definitely have not taught nor studied music lol

looking forward to seeing the updates in this thread Very Happy
Avallan
Avallan

Rhastae List of Genres and preferences YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Rhastae List of Genres and preferences Empty Re: Rhastae List of Genres and preferences

Post by Rhastae Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Megnificent wrote:Amazing thread! Thanks for sharing some of those amazing pieces of music, I have a fairly eclectic taste in music and will pretty much listen to anything.

These are just a few of my favourite classical pieces

Spoiler:

I'm definitely not as knowledgeable about music as yourself, I can't play a musical instrument,  and I definitely have not taught nor studied music lol

looking forward to seeing the updates in this thread Very Happy

I see you like piano music. Those are a few very famous ones you listed! (Other than the Ode to Joy being orchestral).

I need to go to work now, but off the top of my head, try these few pieces from the same composers. I've tried to list some in a similar style as yours:

Music:
Rhastae
Rhastae

Back to top Go down

Post by Knecken Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:29 pm

Awesome job, you must have put a lot of work into this.
Looking forward to get to work so I can start listening to them!

I have not delved into the classical realm all too much aside from the obvious pieces myself, but I do listen to a lot of Chopin from time to time.
His E-Flat Major and F-Sharp pieces have a weird effect on me and makes me angry in a weird cold logic sort of way.
Can be useful for some meetings  Wink

I fully agree with Dream Theater getting their own category! cheers

I dont know how much extra work it would be, but creating youtube playlists for the top categories would be awesome.
(Maybe all rockish and all classic/orchestral lumped together as you have grouped your categories here)
Very Happy
Knecken
Knecken

Back to top Go down