+2
Azein
Hey Jari
6 posters

Go down

New option for thieving Empty New option for thieving

Post by Hey Jari Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Hello ladies and gents,

Since my disliking towards the thieving skill i made me think oke why do i dislike the skill so much and it came down to a couple of things
1: rsi simulator your litterly spam clicking till your finger falls off/
2: pyramid plunder i dont know how you guys experience it but i fail 90% of the time

so what would made me like it and this brought me to rs3 and yes i know rs3 is ez scape but they added vaults and they are spread all over runescape and mostly in dead area's. so i tought why not add them to osrs lower the xp rates to around 100k-150k and put them in dead places some of these places could be

1: jatiso
2: port sarim ( i barely come here)
3: draynor manor since after the quest you dont/barely go there
4: monstary
5:black knight fortress
6:Gu tanoth

now what happends when you get caught (low change) when it happends you cannot loot the safe for 1 hour

rewards:
master lock pick ( you require lockpicks to open the safes)
master stetoshcope ( only works on the vaults so the safes wont get easier)

let me know what you guys think personally i would think it will be sweet.
Hey Jari
Hey Jari

Back to top Go down

New option for thieving Empty Re: New option for thieving

Post by Azein Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:08 am

What other rewards would there be other than those two items? In the modern epoch of OSRS people often times go for efficiency over enjoyment. Some psychopaths even go and craft runes past level 31. With blackjacking and PP hitting 200k+ exp/hr at higher levels, it would be difficult to transition players to doing this thieving minigame type thing unless it offered a valuable item, like a arrow-slot thieving accessory that, for instance, halved damage dealt from failed thieves, or was tied to a achievement diary.
If you could think of some rewards, then maybe I could get behind it, but thieving already has quite the array of things to train it with that are profitable and efficient (PP, Master Farmer, blackjacking), whereas skills that benefited from activities such as this (Firemaking in WT) had no use and no reward. I'd also point out that the OSRS community is almost certainly going to vote no on anything that is inspired by RS3 out of sheer spite for it.

I get what you mean though; blackjacking, though to me enjoyable, is hated by a lot of the player base for how click intensive is
Azein
Azein

New option for thieving YP5zkAJ

Zuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hey Jari Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:48 pm

The rewards where just something that popped up in my mind and yes pp and black jacking is more efficient but alot of players dont mind efficieny when something isnt an rsi simulator. other than the 2 rewards jagex has to think of something its a concept is litterly copy pasted from rs3
Hey Jari
Hey Jari

Back to top Go down

Post by Azein Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:14 pm

What's an Rsi? I've been hearing it a lot but never learned what it meant
Azein
Azein

New option for thieving YP5zkAJ

Zuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bing Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Azein wrote:What's an Rsi? I've been hearing it a lot but never learned what it meant

Repetitive Strain Injury I believe - similar to carpal tunnel
Bing

New option for thieving NuD0cpJ

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokandur Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:07 am

Good starting idea, flesh it out a little more, maybe add in some new rewards. Some sort of tokens that you can trade in with one of the thieving experts.

some possible cosmetics: black graceful colouring, upgraded rogues outfit

If you'd like to get it noticed by Jagex, try posting it to Reddit.

Good stuff mate Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:20 am

I'm still at the thieve a load of cakes then trap the master farmer in a field, while I eat them all stage of thieving. No cape for me anytime soon, I hated black jacking when I tried, within about 3 minutes, and have never been to pyramid plunder, which I hear is the fast way to a cape. Its good you have had an in depth thought about making it more bearable.....look what fossil island did for hunting......
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Iwan Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:31 am

i dont mind thieving. knights are pretty afk, and pp also isnt that bad. it just gets boring after a while. idk if this is the way to go but a fun minigame would be nice. But i would rather have them work on some other skills that are more deserving (like construction) instead of thieving. I think thieving is in a pretty decent place rn.
Iwan
Iwan

New option for thieving U7euiv5

Back to top Go down