Should I buy a .......

+4
runtellthat4
Hey Jari
Iwan
PugTart
8 posters

Go down

Should I buy a  ....... Empty Should I buy a .......

Post by runtellthat4 Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:27 pm

Often I see asked should I buy this....In early RS3 my best friend at the time Sashsquach and I faced the question as new weapons were introduced...money was scarce at the time and screwing up wasnt an option...we fought each other to see if the new weapon/armour was worth the price or even made a difference... BEST IN SLOT we found wasnt always worth the cost... is that +1 or +2 really gonna make a difference...over an 1/2 hour was the difference really worth breaking the bank... we had quite a few in our group that used our testing idea...It is one of the reasons you hear me refer to Bandos as great skilling armour..it sure looks nice when wcing or fishing...she was the killer in our group yet with that mini game Platebody/d skirt and a whip with me wearing Bandos she could beat me 7 out of 10 times..for control when we switched armours and she wore Bandos I won 7/10 times...we did the same killing 50 or 100 of a monster..was killing 2 extra over that period worth 40m..not in my book..but it did look nice wcing....
Dont waste your bank...save for items that will make a difference.....
runtellthat4

Should I buy a  ....... Eoezals

Back to top Go down

Should I buy a  ....... Empty Re: Should I buy a .......

Post by PugTart Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:14 am

nicely said. I love my skilling armour
PugTart
PugTart

Should I buy a  ....... YP5zkAJ

hp

Back to top Go down

Post by Iwan Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:46 am

i totaly agree, bis armour is most of the time way to expensive for what it gives. look at bandos you spend 50m for a +1 stenght bonus (which prob wont even give you a max hit) and some extra defence bonusses.
You are way better of spending your money on some spec weapons like a sgs and bgs, or stuff that give good bonusses like a occult or dhcb.
Iwan
Iwan

Should I buy a  ....... U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Hey Jari Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:39 am

For me personally get barrows armor go go bandos when on a Boss task obtain the armor that way, besides that bandos cost 40m obsidian armor cost like 5m of something Cor almost the same strength bonus.
Hey Jari
Hey Jari

Back to top Go down

Post by runtellthat4 Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:51 pm

The same theory applies to most newer BIS weapons and armors..the love and rush to get BP....remember that.. until players started finding out it costs a fortune to use..
runtellthat4

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:35 pm

someone was lamenting the cost of the black mask mask only yesterday, actually hoping for the gift of one was a bit nearer the truth. I checked their stats to see if they could even wear one, as Ive been caught out like that in the past. Then I checked the black mask, it said had same stats a black med helm, some things are just about kudos. However I didn't say no when LB2 gifted me her bandos and crept off to ftp.
ladybird2

Should I buy a  ....... NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by runtellthat4 Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:02 am

The Black mask does have the cherished 15% when used on slayer tasks for melee and all Cb for slayer when imblued...
Of course early on a good friend was a herbie person so I had access to pots.one of my long time pieces of Advice when asked what to buy was ..buy super attack and strength... "dont go killing without them"
runtellthat4

Back to top Go down

Post by greggo Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Have to agree. It's very easy to get caught up with all the min/maxing of the game. I've had to learn that the hard way plenty of times. Great post!
greggo
greggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Autocrat Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:21 am

Should I buy a  ....... Unknown

Cause we are discussing bis, i thought this would be an interesting comparison i found on reddit. You definitely do not need bis for slayer Very Happy
Autocrat
Autocrat

Should I buy a  ....... IIyCd

Spide

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:58 am

another interesting thing ive found is, that currently I'm doing fine using a few lobsters, where as I always used to feel secure with sharks when slaying, I really don't seem to experience any difference, I know someone will point out the stats, but alive is alive.
ladybird2

Should I buy a  ....... NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Azein Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:20 pm

I just hit 70m bank, and it's been a dream ever since I met a player called "Leos Revenge" (I stole that name) outside of the POH portal down near the crafting guild shortly after bandos was released to have a set, and now I understand it's more logical to have my current torso/torags setup. What annoys me about this is that in any pvm situation, especially involving slayer, I'm always using prossy, or dhide. I never even get to use my regular setup. It's probably a better investment to use the money for tassies or bcp to get enough cballs and ppots for 99 slayer and, probably, range. Furthermore, I'm at that mid-80s to early 90s cb stats where I have the cash to buy higher tier items but I have absolutely no use to them
Azein
Azein

Should I buy a  ....... YP5zkAJ

Zuk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum