BRINGING A SUBREDDIT INTO OUR LIVES.

+3
Greybird
Autocrat
Advice Bot
7 posters

Go down

BRINGING A SUBREDDIT INTO OUR LIVES. Empty BRINGING A SUBREDDIT INTO OUR LIVES.

Post by Ninjaskillzc Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:11 am

Something like reddit.com/r/OSRSAdvice. I thought of this earlier and just now put it in clan, some people liked the idea. I thought of it as I now can create them (but won't for a while haha) and I thought why doesn't this clan have one. Let me show you what it can do.

1. Easier recruitment. People stumble upon it? Great, +1 Member.
2. Easier to show rules and get suggestions out there than finding it in the chaos of a semi-popular (with all the people in it I mean) offsite.
3. Many people (such as i W y r d and Signs from when I stated my preposition in the Clan CC just now) prefer Subreddits to Offsites anyway.
4. People don't trust this website. Simple. Crazy but true. "Giving away" their email and RSN, but with something they know like Reddit, they will be more likely to sign up and get involved! Even some of the lurkers too!
5. What's there to lose? Nothing in the rules about having a subreddit for a clan, it's a great idea, gets a lot more people involved.
6. It's easy to maintain and get clan events and stuff "pinned" (idk if that's the term) to the top so more people can view it and get involved!!
7. It has the support, I don't mind maintaining it, *cough* Hailey and Grey *cough*.

Seriously though, apart from point 7, which I am up to ofc Wink I think it's a great idea!

Let's do it! Who's with me!?!
Ninjaskillzc
Ninjaskillzc

BRINGING A SUBREDDIT INTO OUR LIVES. YP5zkAJ

zul flip

Back to top Go down

BRINGING A SUBREDDIT INTO OUR LIVES. Empty Re: BRINGING A SUBREDDIT INTO OUR LIVES.

Post by Advice Bot Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:32 am

I'll let others comment, but I know from discussions in the past, reddit, twitch, and other large community platforms are often filled with trolls. Our philosophy has always been that less is more, meaning we would prefer fewer members of quality than a large clan full of trolls/members who do not fit our culture.

I am still interested in hearing what others have to say, and appreciate the suggestion!!!
Advice Bot

BRINGING A SUBREDDIT INTO OUR LIVES. EXUiqne

Bot

Back to top Go down

BRINGING A SUBREDDIT INTO OUR LIVES. Empty Re: BRINGING A SUBREDDIT INTO OUR LIVES.

Post by Ninjaskillzc Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:22 am

I think that is a well made point Hailey. It's not up to me, it's up to the clan. However, having considering and thought about your points as you are a valued clan person to me (owner to be exact so I gotta say nice things) I think that if you are sacred of clan trolls coming and going as they please then maybe make the subreddit invite only and re-direct to the Offsite? I mean, that would still recruit the same number of members, and it would give the members that join a feeling of importance for joining the subreddit and clan. However, as you say, lets see what other clan members think first eh.
Ninjaskillzc
Ninjaskillzc

zul flip

Back to top Go down

Post by Autocrat Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:03 pm

You make a few good points. If people feel more comfortable interacting on reddit I wouldn't mind having a subreddit.

Autocrat
Autocrat

BRINGING A SUBREDDIT INTO OUR LIVES. IIyCd

Spide

Back to top Go down

Post by Greybird Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:10 pm

It's an interesting thought. I do agree there are a small number of people we lose before they even join because of the unknown factor of signing up to an offsite. I can't think of many uses for a dedicated subreddit outside of mirroring special announcements and allowing people to introduce themselves on there if they don't trust this forum.

I'll have a closer look into it, cheers for the suggestion.

BRINGING A SUBREDDIT INTO OUR LIVES. IIyCd

BA

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninjaskillzc Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks guys Smile .
Ninjaskillzc
Ninjaskillzc

zul flip

Back to top Go down

Post by Levfo Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:08 pm

I think that a subreddit is a decent idea. I think that it would best serve as a location for new players to come and get advice/help with the game, and less as a blatant clan advertising/discussion board. Of course, our clan would be constantly mentioned, but it would be more like we are sponsoring information for new players. That's just my opinion Smile
Levfo
Levfo

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Am I missing something, most people want instant advice, in game, if we can supply it, or recommend who or where to find the information.
If they post a question, they may as well be using a guide and doing it alone.
Would ranks be expected to monitor and service it, this is not me being negative but trying to see what the value would be. in my opinion the forums we have which are specially tailored and monitored for the clan are underused. Is it all about the sign up, or just the fact that most people sign in to runescape and play and chat, which is precisely what I used to do, before I became a whole lot nosier. I would hate that we became famous enough to be an instant troll target, ive always valued quality over quantity, but as has already been pointed out there are ways of redirection that could be put in place. I'm not a closed mind, but I wont be using it.
ladybird2

BRINGING A SUBREDDIT INTO OUR LIVES. NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Bar Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:20 am

I really like the idea, I think we can and should do it. We should take care to not unnecessarily spread it through the wider RS community (posting it on the rsforums, posting it on other reddits/websites/forums.) I suppose that linking it on the offsite and in the cc would be about the level of exposure we'd like?

Sure, there may be the odd troll wandering by the cc, but that shouldn't be a problem with even one mod. I think it would be great and we should at least try it.
Alpha Bar
Alpha Bar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninjaskillzc Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:21 am

Agreed Alpha. Thx for the support on this idea mate Smile
Ninjaskillzc
Ninjaskillzc

zul flip

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninjaskillzc Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:07 pm

ladybird2 wrote:Am I missing something, most people want instant advice, in game, if we can supply it, or recommend who or where to find the information.
If they post a question, they may as well be using a guide and doing it alone.
Would ranks be expected to monitor and  service it, this is not me being negative but trying to see what the value would be. in my opinion the forums we have which are specially tailored and monitored for the clan are underused. Is it all about the sign up, or just the fact that most people sign in to runescape and play and chat, which is precisely what I used to do, before I became a whole lot nosier. I would hate that we became famous enough to be an instant troll target, ive always valued quality over quantity, but as has already been pointed out there are ways of redirection that could be put in place. I'm not a closed mind, but I wont be using it.

I think you also make good points lady Smile I agree that quality > quantity, but like Grey says we lose a fair few members (I know about 1/3 of the people I recruit don't wanna sign up for something they don't get, which is perfectly sensible decision when you think about the Internet nowadays haha. I've pointed out a few of the valuable things about it, and that people can get information about events and say if they are signing up if they prefer to use a trusted website like Reddit over some random offsite (no offence to anyone or anything but y'know). There are many reasons, and I don't think monitoring it won't be such a bad issue, I mean, if we do put some redirection methods in place like I suggested in another reply than we will get about the same troll number, if not less, than we do already in the clan chat "Yeah join cc "No1CaresAboutThisCCName" for awesome staking stuff ect", and I don't think it would be that bad of a troll target.

However, like it's said, I can't predict whether trolls will come or not more than they do already (which thankfully isn't very often). Thanks for considering it tho Lady it means a lot Smile

EDIT: That moment when your reply is longer than your original suggestion...
Ninjaskillzc
Ninjaskillzc

zul flip

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum