I got hacked - i quit.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I got hacked - i quit.

Post by bafoooooool on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:43 pm

I did post in another section but i figured I'd post here to confirm.

Today i was hacked and lost about 30m worth of items and gp, which is not a lot but is still a massive shame and a blow for me. I'd only been playing for a few weeks but still, the work i put in to obtain some of that money was a lot.

I have decided that I'm not going to continue with RS as I just can't be bothered to put that amount of time back into the game just to get to the position I had already obtained.

To be honest I am surprised i haven't quit earlier as is my attention to most games. I feel that although a few weeks isn't a long time, it has been enough to get to know a few of you and respect what you do for each other, I know i've been very much a new guy to the most of you, but thanks for all the help and advice you've given over the past weeks. Maybe ill play again, but i doubt it.

Thanks

Baf~
bafoooooool
$20+ Donor
$20+ Donor

hasta

Back to top Go down

Re: I got hacked - i quit.

Post by Appsi on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Losing your stuff due to being hacked is pretty devastating to say the least, still i'd encourage you to keep playing. Letting some nobody who's only good for stealing other peoples hard work ruin the potential years of fun you could have, seems like such a waste. My advice is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and aim for those goals you want to achieve Smile
Appsi

Back to top Go down

Post by sylar on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:47 pm

You said it was only 2 weeks old the account, it's not that much to recover from, right?
Most people get hacked/lured/scammed/whatever, and I don't mean to be hard, but it Is your fault. Account security is such an important issue that many people don't take seriously enough. Take this as a lesson and learn from it. Wink

Plus everyone does always come back to this game anyways... rabbit
sylar
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Agi911 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:56 pm

I was hacked for 850M (maybe more idr) almost 2 months ago, you can definitely keep playing!

I'm still paranoid about it though because came out of nowhere (never knew how as had scanned a few days before happened and hadn't done anything abnormal) and was because somehow a rat got on my comp, it took control of comp when i wasn't on it which allowed them to bypass authenticator since had the option allow this computer for 30days thing checked when had entered auth sometime earlier and since had been monitoring me also got the pin and keylogged password

So I got really blasted... but still keep playing
Agi911
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:01 am

don't allow scum to drag you down, they are pathetic. It is very upsetting I agree, however for all the criminally minded dross there are still lots of genuine and really nice players who make the game enjoyable. There are also lots of things to do that don't need a vast amount of cash to play, you have also shown that you are a very competent player to make that sort of money in a short time, so secure your account and play on, the clan will give you encouragement and Agi is living proof that you can survive huge losses and play on........... flower flower

ladybird2
Active Forum Member

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by bafoooooool on Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:58 am

I appreciate this a lot! I'll give it a little break while I sort things at home and I'll be back!
bafoooooool
$20+ Donor
$20+ Donor

hasta

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream300 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:07 pm

hope to see you back soon
Jetstream300
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down