'Breaking Into' the endgame

2 posters

Go down

'Breaking Into' the endgame Empty 'Breaking Into' the endgame

Post by Aquiious Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:01 pm

Hi OSRS Advice,

I have recently returned to the game and I am eager to get into bossing, raids, and beginning some of the collection log grinds on a main account. I have had fun with a few OSRS Advice members attempting GWD but there's the harsh reality that I hit like a wet noodle.

I am at the point where I have a lot of the 'mid level' gear: Fire cape, barrows gloves, barrows armor, etc. but I am looking to get to the next step in the game.

The goals I have now are working towards getting some of the GWD armor / gear. Outside of farming runs, doing slayer, etc is there any mid level boss or money-making tactic you stuck to in order to help fund some of the major gear grinds? Obviously getting a tassy or ACB drop would be amazing - but until then - what should I be focusing on to get the gear to further get into end game content?

I find with Zulrah or even trying GWD, my gear is low and I often don't hit effectively or have efficient trips. I think I have maybe one or two zulrah kills, often burning a lot of supplies making it in efficient. Do I need to stick it out or just hard grind some stats?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

IGN: Aquiious

Thanks

Aquiious
Aquiious
Aquiious

Back to top Go down

'Breaking Into' the endgame Empty Re: 'Breaking Into' the endgame

Post by Penny Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:28 am

Heya Aquiious! I play on an iron account so I'm probably not the best person to give you advice on this, but I will throw out some things I've heard other people talk about and some of the things I've noticed would have made me a lot of money if I were able to trade.

When you do farming runs, include hops as well. You might already be doing this but the seeds are incredibly cheap and the hops can be quite expensive so that can just add a little bit extra passive gp to the farm runs you're already doing.

Always be flipping with your cash stack. While you have GP just sitting in the bank, you are wasting an opportunity to be making passive gold when you aren't putting in low buy offers for highly traded items or perhaps ones that have a larger margin. I'm not an expert on flipping obviously but there are guides and websites out there that show you margins and you can be doing this while you are doing other things in game, or even overnight.

I know you may not hit as much as others right now, but the big gamers in the clan always mention that that high-end PVM is the best money in the game. I'd say stick with it and you will get the GP to afford better gear, allowing you speedier kills and therefore faster GP/hr. Things like GWD are great because you can do them in teams and if you do them with nice people you'll always split the drops even if you specifically aren't doing all that much dmg.

Zulrah is great because you really don't need much GP to start hitting well there. You could just use ring of suffering(or even recoils for now), mystic/ahrims, trident, blowpipe and blessed d hide and do well (that's what I did and I've got 2k kills there). At one point you learn it so well that you don't even think when you're killing it, you're just on autopilot. Your range and mage levels are totally fine for Zulrah and obviously you will be training them as you go. It's all about making sure you have decent gear and learning the rotations. Once it becomes easy you will make less mistakes, use fewer supplies and have longer trips.

An alternative to Zulrah which is easier to learn and potentially better GP/hr is Vorkath. Pretty easy boss honestly and whenever I've done it I've been amazed at the drop values I was getting. The only thing is that it might be a bit more expensive gear-wise than Zulrah.

If you want to step it up you can try something more serious. Barbarian Assault clans can give you (IIRC) somewhere around 8m/hr if you train and learn the most efficient methods and then carry others through to get their torsos and diaries completed. This is probably some of the absolute best money in the game and you don't necessarily have to have great gear or stats or anything. There are great guides online and the clans themselves will have guides and information that will help you get to the level they require. Note though that their requirements are steep and you will have to train for hours and hours to get good enough to pass their tests.

Buuuut what I would recommend is to just keep going with slayer. At 95 you unlock Hydra which is honestly some of the easiest high GP content in the game. You make buckets of gold there and it's so easy once you learn it. Plus you can kill it with range or melee if you want. I know slayer is slow but in the long run you want to get it up anyway. You can also do things like Cerb which can also be great money if you get the right drop.

There are plenty more methods and I'm sure some of the mains in here will be able to provide some info Razz Whatever you choose, good luck!
Penny
Penny

'Breaking Into' the endgame IIyCd

Rocky

Back to top Go down

'Breaking Into' the endgame Empty Re: 'Breaking Into' the endgame

Post by Aquiious Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:27 am

Wow thank you for such a comprehensive response!

I will definitely check out some of these methods.
Aquiious
Aquiious

Back to top Go down