OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive!

+4
Vigilantly
Muffin
DabbingBrb
Mimikyutie
8 posters

Go down

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! Empty OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive!

Post by Mimikyutie Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:28 pm

Ayo clannies! Earlier today I thought of a wonderful idea that we should consider for the Steam Release of Oldschool Runescape!

In two days (Wednesday, February 24th) Oldschool Runescape will be releasing it's client on Steam. The last time we had a massive client release for this game was the Mobile release was back in October of 2018, and MAN, that was a huge event. F2P worlds were full and bustling, new players were hustling around Lumby and Varrock...it felt like what the game felt like back in the early days of RS2. When mobile dropped, I spent a large chunk of the release date in a F2P world being as helpful as I could to improve the new player experience. And I wasn't alone. I remember a few clannies joining me, along with high level players I had never met. There were drop parties, free trades, tours, and mass gatherings of new players learning from veterans.

I loved it. It was a pure moment in this game's history. It was old players helping new players get accustomed to Gielenor and providing as much help as they could. Now, I know that the Steam release won't be as big as the mobile one, but I feel like we as a clan could heavily benefit from organizing a similar clan event designed to help new players who may find themselves logging in for the first time on Wednesday.

So here's my proposition. Let's organize a Noob Recruitment Drive! Let's take the time to log into F2P worlds on Wednesday to act as envoys to the new players who may need some assistance when they start their adventure. It will provide us an excellent way to broadcast who we are as a clan and also provide an excellent first-day experience for the new players coming into our game.

Here's where you guys can help me: What kind of events should we consider for this Noob Recruitment Drive? Some ideas I had included F2P tour guides, which would help new players get accustomed to the map by traveling from Lumbridge to Varrock to Draynor to Falador. We could also orchestrate mini drop parties, or perhaps try out a Cubby Buddy system (Older kids taking younger ones under their wing), or even having some F2P activity parties, like a Cow Mass or a Goblin War.

What do you guys think? This is an opportunity we may never see again, so we should capitalize and get our names to as many new players as we can while we improve their experience! Let me hear your thoughts!
Mimikyutie
Mimikyutie

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! M38wJkj

Back to top Go down

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! Empty Re: OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive!

Post by DabbingBrb Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:16 pm

This sounds like an absolutely great idea, I know if I was starting the game brand new and I ran into something like this it would make all the difference. It can be discouraging seeing nothing but bots in the free to play worlds so we can help show them there's a real and very sincere community still playing. The only issue with "recruiting" them would be that they need to get 150 total level just to join our cc. But that in itself could be some motivation to train so that they can join our clan! We could give very basic starter kits (leather+needle+thread kinda thing) and just answer any beginner questions they might have. I would be glad to help out in anyway I can for this event!

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! Dabna10

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! NuD0cpJ

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! Empty Re: OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive!

Post by Mimikyutie Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Excellent point Dab! We do have to remember that there is a 150-level wall before players can join a CC. Thanks for bringing it up!

Beginner Kits sound like an incredible idea! We can have noted stuff that we can dish out to anyone we meet up with! Noted things like crafting supplies, maybe stacks of runes, food, small amounts of gp. Anything and everything will be appreciated, I guarantee it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:16 pm

It's a shame this is my week of midterms, I'd have loved to participate!

Big fan of the Beginner Kit idea, as well as the tours of the starter area. Could also try to run a noob-friendly Hide and Seek after the tour, could be a fun way to "test" their knowledge Very Happy

Even though I can't make it, I'd be more than happy to toss some GP into Beginner Kits or events for newbros. Lemme know what I can do!

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! GpGlyzJ

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! F77sK4H

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! SHfiTAs
Muffin
Muffin

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimikyutie Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:27 pm

Yer a saint, Sir Muffin of the Basic.

I'm certain that when we DO get around to being Noob Shepherds on Wednesday, it won't be a static time, but rather an all-day thing.

I'll probably hop on throughout the day as my schedule allows and will do most of my helping in the afternoon after I get home from work! But I understand how chaotic mids can be.

Best of luck during your testing! <3

(EDIT: Saw that you screened the alching tbow convo and I love that it's in your sig lmao)
Mimikyutie
Mimikyutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigilantly Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:58 pm

This sounds like a great opportunity to teach noobs how to trim their adamant armor in the wildy! I'm down.

Seriously though, I'd be down to help out with this. Great idea. On top of this, maybe we should all positively review / recommend OSRS on Steam with a shout-out to the 'OSRS Advice' clan in the review comments?
Vigilantly
Vigilantly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimikyutie Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:34 pm

Vigilantly wrote:On top of this, maybe we should all positively review / recommend OSRS on Steam with a shout-out to the 'OSRS Advice' clan in the review comments?

Oh my goodness, yes. Excellent suggestion!
Mimikyutie
Mimikyutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:24 pm

This sounds great! Count me in, for whatever that's worth. Done some impromptu tour guide stuff in the past, and it was always loads of fun. And before you ask, any accusations you may have heard about me getting noobs killed on White Wolf Mountain are entirely baseless.

I'm not *totally* sold on the review bombing idea, though. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like we might attract the wrong sort of attention if we start advertising en masse like that.

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Crux Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:42 pm

This sounds like a good time!! Count me in!
Maybe we come up with some sort of "outfit" to identify ourselves at the time of the event? Some kind of cape/headwear? I imagine it will be easier for interested newcomers to identify us - and we can include a cape in that starter kit so it's easy for us to identify them? Depends how hectic Lumbridge gets - I wasn't around for the mobile release to get a sense of that is was like.

I'm also a little iffy on the review idea as well - if a new player looks at the reviews and downloads RS/immediately tries to join our CC, they won't be able to join and unfortunately it could just catch the attention of trolls who have over 150 total already? Just my two cents. I think catching the newbies at the source (Lumbridge) is great!

Feel free to message me in-game or on Discord if you need any assistance with organization Smile This is a different platform altogether, of course, but I used to do HS recruitment and still occasionally mentor HS/College students and it's always a good time - love this kind of thing. See you guys around!
The Crux
The Crux

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Zvny Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:22 am

I'll help if its needed or just invite me into the group so I know when clannies dont play runescape I can still interact with them.

Cheers, good idea hope it will work out
Zvny
Zvny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimikyutie Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:29 am

Really looking forward to the clan turnout on this one! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarthak Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:51 am

Sounds like a good idea - I'll try and join in when time allows!
Zarthak
Zarthak

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimikyutie Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:22 pm

Thanks to any and all clannies who made an effort to go be helpful and broadcast our CC information to all the cute noobs in W1 today! Twas great fun! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:50 pm

Thanks for taking the time to do this Mimi Smile I'm sure you made some peoples day!

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! GpGlyzJ

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! F77sK4H

OSRS Advice Steam Release Event - Noob Recruitment Drive! SHfiTAs
Muffin
Muffin

Back to top Go down