Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass

+2
ellipsism
Lucido
6 posters

Go down

Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass Empty Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass

Post by Lucido Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:39 pm

OSRS ADVICE MONTHLY COX CM MASS

Welcome to our end of the month COX CM mass. I host CM masses once a month on the last Sunday of the month. The next ones will be on SUNDAY, 25TH OF APRIL. The first one will be at 19:30 UTC and the second one will be at 23:30 UTC.

These masses started as a goal to reach 570k+ points for double loot rolls but that quickly changed when we made time on our first attempt. Going for time or for points will be determined by the size of the raiding team. Irons are welcomed of course.

The mass will be split into three groups: Raiders, Alts, Scalers. ONLY RAIDERS WILL RECEIVE A SPLIT. Iron raiders are FFA by default unless they say otherwise before the raid starts.

CM LEARNER INFO AT THE BOTTOM

RAIDER REQUIREMENTS

1. You must be in the voicechat on our clan discord so we can be coordinated.

2. You must know how to complete ALL of the rooms in COX. Tekton, Crabs, Ice Demon, Shamans, Vanguards, Thieving, Vespula, Tightrope, Guardians, Vasa, Mystics, and last but not least Muttadile. NO LEARNERS. If you don't have CM kc but you know how to do all of the rooms confidently then you may join.

3. You must have a longrange weapon such as ballistas, crossbows, Crystal and/or Twisted Bow. This will be required for Shamans and Mystics.

4. You must bring a stab weapon for Vasa's crystals. No whipping or scything the crystals.

5. There will be a couple rolls assigned before the raid starts. We will designate who brings a Bandos Godsword(for Tekton, Vasa crystals, and Olm), a Zamorak Godsword(for Muttadiles), and Fire Surge/Waters(for Ice Demon/Olm respectively).

6. You are only allowed to be on two spellbooks. Lunars for Vengeance and the normal spellbook for fire surging Ice Demon with a Tome of Fire. If you bring fire surge YOU MUST also bring a water spell for Olm.

This is the bare minimum gear requirement you must meet. No void. Irons may have some exceptions but a LONGRANGE WEAPON AND A STAB WEAPON ARE A MUST.

Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass Unknown
Some sort of anti-poison is also required as you can be poisoned from Shamans and Vespula.

ALT REQUIREMENTS

1. PREP ALT: You will be tasked out to bring 4 Super Restores, 4 Saradomin Brews and 10 lockpicks. The potions only need to be given out to those who have used up all their food at Tekton and don't have any left for Ice Demon. The lockpicks will help speed up with gathering items when you kill scavengers for potion secondaries. I am sure we will have a handful of irons joining us so gathering secondaries shouldn't take long. This alt role will mostly help prep at the farming room. YOU MUST BRING HUMIDIFY, HAVE 78+ HERB AND 80+ FARMING TO JOIN AS AN ALT. I WILL BE PAYING 1M GP PER RAID to you if you alt. Once again, only raiders will receive a split if we pull an item(s). I will only be offering this role TWO people. You will also be tasked out to carry potions to raiders when we reach Mystics. There is one more thing, if you pull an item (which is very possible) you will split it with the raiders (yourself included).

We will NOT have an alt for tanking Tightrope or Mystics unless we are going for points. If we go for points then we will only have a Tightrope tank. We will do Tightrope/Mystics the normal way when going for time, trying to only aggro one at a time. Alts will be bringing supplies to the non-irons once we finish Vasa so if you are an iron and you gain aggro at Mystics just run back to the entrance of the room if you have less than 4 brews. Let one of the mains tank.

SCALERS

I will be keeping a ratio no higher than 2 raiders per 1 scaler. If you want to join as a scaler you can leave once the raid is started. You are allowed to stay until the end of the raid and receive a CM completion killcount, however, you are not allowed to farm points. Please stay out of combat rooms until they are finished. Do not die to scavengers if you run by them as they can hit pretty hard. You will not receive a split if we receive an item(s). You may be asked to suicide potions into olm and there are two methods for this:  1. Enter olm in between phases and manually drop all the potions and log out then log back in to remain in the raid and receive killcount.  2. Enter olm in between phases and be kicked from the clan chat. This will render you from receiving any killcount.

SPLITTING

I hope I have made it very clear how splits work for every role. Mains MUST split. Irons are FFA by default unless stated otherwise very clearly before the raid starts. If you are an iron that will be splitting you must be able to FULLY split out the drop evenly. The only roles who will receive a split are raiders unless you are an alt that received the item in your name, then you will split the item out evenly with you included in that split.

THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE FFA:

ARCANE PRAYER SCROLL
DINH'S BULWARK
TWISTED BUCKLER
ANCESTRAL HAT
ELDER MAUL
TEKTON'S ONYX

These items haven fallen to a value where it most likely won't be 1M+ gp per raider if split therefore they are FFA.

CM LEARNERS

If you feel you are competent at normal COX, you meet the minimum gear requirements and have discord, I will gladly teach you the basics of CM's such as: gearing, banking, prepping and how to complete each room. These learner CM's will be slow and may be an hour or longer depending on the size of the team(which will be no bigger than 5) and the skill level of the learners. WE WILL ONLY GO FOR TIME ONCE YOU FEEL YOU ARE READY. I will also be teaching advanced Olm rolls such as Mage/Melee Skipping and Setting. If you are unfamiliar with these terms then you are not ready for CM's. If you are interested you can pm me here, on discord, or in-game.

I hope I have explained everything carefully but if you still have any questions or you want to participate as an alt you can pm me here, on discord, or in-game. I hope to see you there raiders and wish us luck on making time.  Very Happy

Last edited by Lucido on Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:12 am; edited 3 times in total

Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass Empty Re: Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass

Post by ellipsism Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:22 am

hi luci! this looks awesome, and great job organizing! i don't really know how to raid well enough to participate but if you need extra scales definitely let me know Smile
ellipsism
ellipsism

Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass Empty Re: Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass

Post by Lucido Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:39 pm

I'll definitely give you a shout, we're going to need all the scales we can get.

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:15 pm

Definitely not ready to run CM (Which you already know, since you gotta carry me through regular Olm lmao) but if I'm around I'd be happy to scale for you guys!

Wishing you lots of luck and sick drops ^_^

Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass GpGlyzJ

Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass F77sK4H

Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass SHfiTAs
Muffin
Muffin

Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by The Crux Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:19 pm

Don't know cox well enough, but I'll also gladly scale if I'm online! Best of luck to ya guys
The Crux
The Crux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucido Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:43 pm

OSRS Advice's first COX CM mass was a success! Sadly, we weren't rewarded with any loot even though we surpassed the 570k threshold needed for a double loot roll. We had 15 raiders complete a 24 man scale with 13 minutes to spare for a chance to roll Twisted Kits and Metamorphic Dust, something I thought was not going to be possible. I will make sure to take screenshots for the second one happening in a couple hours, wish us luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucido Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:17 pm

We completed the second mass with a couple of deaths but we still enjoyed ourselfs Very Happy . We had 13 raiders this time with 4 alts and 3 scales.

Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass Chambers_of_Xeric_Challenge_Mode128_2021-03-01_01-05-37

Here's a screenie of how we made Shamans the easiest room of the whole raid:

Thanks @RealitysGod for the screenies <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanagawa Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:50 am

This event looked like an absolute blast!

Hopefully if something like this happens again in the future, I'll be comfortable enough with Challenge Mode CoX to be able to participate. I did manage to sneak into the discord to watch you guys kill Olm despite being at work. Love to see this level of participation from the clan, especially with such end-game content. Cool

Thanks for hosting it Lucido!

Monthly Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode Mass NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucido Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:13 am

I will now be hosting these monthly and updated the post to better reflect the direction I want us to head in. After our Pvm Challenge is finished I will start taking learners for CM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Potter Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:48 pm

i changed my name from hima pos to Lpotter
Colin Potter
Colin Potter

Back to top Go down