A Post Concerning Fib's IRL Situation

5 posters

Go down

A Post Concerning Fib's IRL Situation Empty A Post Concerning Fib's IRL Situation

Post by FFibonacci Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:17 am

Emotionally, this has been one of the roughest days I've ever had to face.  

My grandmother has been living with dementia for maybe over a year, if not longer. After being clinically diagnosed this past fall, it's been a shock with how rapidly this condition has become more and more detrimental to her well-being. It's absolutely crushing  to witness it first hand on a daily basis.

I really hate being public about family affairs, but it's warranted the need to speak out for emotional support. She gave me a roof over my head when I was most desperate years ago, and I'm eternally grateful for one of the biggest hearts we have in our family.  She'd always shown love & sympathy in a way that no other could throughout my life. To regress from this loving individual to one barely clinging on to their memory & self-awareness, it's been a heartbreaking trek. Regardless, I'm willing to be in care of her as long as it takes for her to have just a hint of memory that she will be among family willing to provide her the best life possible now & in the future.

It's been a very sobering life experience & I hope anyone with whom I've been in recent contact understands my inconsistent demeanor.
Cherish the people you love, and never take them for granted. You never know when life will throw a curve-ball & put your convictions through an arduous test of what it means to be truly human.

Love y'all & thanks for understanding. I'm always here for all of you, too.

On Christmas, I got a whiteboard from a family member for all daily tasks/reminders she requires throughout the day. It's been super helpful & provides some sort of constant deeply needed within the household. I've kept it updated every single day, and I intend to keep up the habit for her sake.

Spoiler:
FFibonacci
FFibonacci

A Post Concerning Fib's IRL Situation YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

A Post Concerning Fib's IRL Situation Empty Re: A Post Concerning Fib's IRL Situation

Post by This Land Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:51 am

I quite frankly can't conceive how tough this must be Fib...

Your message was so beautifully written I had to re-read and it actually brought a tear to my eye the second time around.

Keep being strong! It sounds like as heartbreaking a situation it is, you're actually managing it really well. Dementia really is, in my opinion, the most wicked and cruel of beasts because of what it does. My own grandmother always tells me the older you get, the more you come to cherish your memories. For those to be slowly ripped away is, unfathomable to say the very least...

Am always here if you need me. Whether it's a PM in-game, here on the offsite or on discord - if you want someone to talk / vent to then please do with me.

Sending you all lots of love and good wishes I love you Am sure you'll be phenomenal in taking care of your grandma, but please do make sure you're still looking after yourself too I love you

All the best buddy,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Back to top Go down

A Post Concerning Fib's IRL Situation Empty Re: A Post Concerning Fib's IRL Situation

Post by elemntsk8ter Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:20 pm

Fib - it’s gotten be rough. I saw my 92 yr old grandfather today and he has no idea who my mom is (daughter) let alone me anymore. He ate lunch and then when we got up, asked when we were having lunch. I can’t imagine being there day in and day out to witness it.

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to reach out via PM or on the offsite / discord. Or if you need to vent and don’t want a response, you can send me those messages too.

Stay strong!
elemntsk8ter
elemntsk8ter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:28 pm

I'm so sorry, Fib. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be. Sending you and your grandmother love as you go through this trying time. I love you
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by torvatoaster Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:22 am

So sorry to hear that fib it made my heart ache Sad me and my family are sending all our wishes your way and all the love keep your chin up my friend, if you ever need to vent or talk we are always only a message away I love you
torvatoaster
torvatoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FFibonacci Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:22 pm

Thank you guys for all of the responses, it really means a lot. I won't be going anywhere for a while, but it will be a bit random when I'll be online for the time being. Thanks for the support
FFibonacci
FFibonacci

Back to top Go down