docquan
fx plus
Nitnat
szlvr
Positivity
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Empty Re: The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program

Post by Folk Tails Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:00 pm

In game username: TM 19 + too many alts
Ironman?: *cries in 'used to be'*
CC Rank: Double Nanna
ToB KC: 1.1k ish
Discord Username(and #): TM#6894
Region (US West, US East, Europe, Aus): US East/Central(back and forth pretty regurally)
Preferred time of day to mentor: 6pm-10pm possibly, EST. Most likely on Tues/Thursdays since i'll be focusing mostly toward maxing in the coming months

*Crystal Hally and Dragon Claws are used differently. If you have dragon claws, you should bring both and if you do not - as a learner you can decide if you'd like to bring a dds + chally or just chally although dds would be a slightly better option
*Cant stress enough - Please watch guides before jumping in to be mentored
*Be patient, you will die. Its part of learning

**For maiden, should have one mentor freeze all south, one freeze all north, and one potshare/veng. The person being mentored should also be freezing, but for the sake of learning more so than actually freezing since they will have room to mess up without the team being punished as the crabs are already frozen by a mentor
**Only one mentor should instruct the rooms. This helped a lot in a tob boosting discord

(not sure how to add links here, but this: https://devqhp.github.io/osrs/sotetseg/ Sotetseg Maze Trainer is a massive help for both learners and efficient tob as well as PurpleGod's pathfinding mechanics here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX8lN3r3ALw)
Additionally, would also like to teach efficient tob if this gets enough traction down the road with a PB requirement for efficient mentors.
Folk Tails
Folk Tails

Back to top Go down

The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Empty Re: The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program

Post by ladybird2 Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Well done for all the activity this has already generated. I could tell last night that you had a strong desire to address the problem and enhance the prospects of those wishing to learn and eventually become additional mentors, or certainly you stand a chance of creating a strong base of players who can enjoy the game together at a decent level. Good work Smile
ladybird2

The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Positivity Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Wow TM 19, this is an incredible response. Thank you so much for taking the time to read through this and then answer so thoughtfully.

1. I'm adding you to the mentors list. I am also going to sort it based on KC, and add PB screenshots as a field in the mentorship application form.
2. I will make another section called "ToB mentor wisdom" and include tips like the one you shared in that section.
3. I will add your videos to the resources section.

Thanks again.

Folk Tails wrote:In game username: TM 19 + too many alts
Ironman?: *cries in 'used to be'*
CC Rank: Double Nanna
ToB KC: 1.1k ish
Discord Username(and #): TM#6894
Region (US West, US East, Europe, Aus): US East/Central(back and forth pretty regurally)
Preferred time of day to mentor: 6pm-10pm possibly, EST. Most likely on Tues/Thursdays since i'll be focusing mostly toward maxing in the coming months

*Crystal Hally and Dragon Claws are used differently. If you have dragon claws, you should bring both and if you do not - as a learner you can decide if you'd like to bring a dds + chally or just chally although dds would be a slightly better option
*Cant stress enough - Please watch guides before jumping in to be mentored
*Be patient, you will die. Its part of learning

**For maiden, should have one mentor freeze all south, one freeze all north, and one potshare/veng. The person being mentored should also be freezing, but for the sake of learning more so than actually freezing since they will have room to mess up without the team being punished as the crabs are already frozen by a mentor
**Only one mentor should instruct the rooms. This helped a lot in a tob boosting discord

(not sure how to add links here, but this: https://devqhp.github.io/osrs/sotetseg/    Sotetseg Maze Trainer is a massive help for both learners and efficient tob as well as PurpleGod's pathfinding mechanics here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX8lN3r3ALw)
Additionally, would also like to teach efficient tob if this gets enough traction down the road with a PB requirement for efficient mentors.
Positivity
Positivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Positivity Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:49 pm

Thank you for inspiring me to write this in the first place Smile

Yeah I hope it at least provides a structured list of qualified mentors and learners for those interested to reference.
I hope something grows out of it as it continues to be refined. I see potential this thread to flesh out as the kinks get ironed out and potentially for a new discord channel in the OSRS advice discord specifically for TOB mentorship that could grow out of the concepts forming in this thread and automate some of the queing and application processes.

ladybird2 wrote:Well done for all the activity this has already generated. I could tell last night that you had a strong desire to address the problem and enhance the prospects of those wishing to learn and eventually become additional mentors, or  certainly you stand a chance of creating a strong base of players who can enjoy the game together at a decent level. Good  work Smile
Positivity
Positivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitarist141 Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:51 pm

I love this idea!!!
I basically have the gear and the pvm reqs, but need some more combat levels.
As soon as I clear that, I'll be tossing my name in... Very Happy
Guitarist141
Guitarist141

The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 YP5zkAJ

Goats

Back to top Go down

Post by Positivity Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Hey Guitarist! I hope to see you on this list soon! I'm training up my main's defence, it's all I have left!
I appreciate the kind words. Smile

Guitarist141 wrote:I love this idea!!!
I basically have the gear and the pvm reqs, but need some more combat levels.
As soon as I clear that, I'll be tossing my name in... Very Happy
Positivity
Positivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Positivity Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:25 pm

PS. After consulting people in game and on the discord, it became clear the common feeling among the mentors themselves is that the "Que" aspect of this thread would be clunky and not work in practice. So now it is just a list of mentors and a list of qualified/vetted wannabe tobbers. Smile <3
Positivity
Positivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyyrbes Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:04 am

In game username: Kyyrbess
Ironman?: No
CC Rank: Smiley
Discord Username(and #): Kyyrbes#5381
Region (US West, US East, Europe, Aus): US West
Preferred time of day to ToB: No Preference
Screenshot of gear:The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Tobgea10
Screenshot of prayer tab: The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Tobpra10
Kyyrbes
Kyyrbes

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:12 am

In game username: The_Gamed
CC Rank: Bronze Star
Discord Username(and #): Gamed#7115
Region (US West, US East, Europe, Aus): Central Canada (Shift work, on at odd hours)
Preferred time of day to ToB: Evenings
Screenshot of gear: The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Tob_ge10

Screenshot of prayer tab: The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 2020-033

Extra: The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Tob_kc11

I know I have KC, just looking for some more players to run with/get better and experienced.

* If you have an inferno cape you will be moved to the front of the que.
** Priority also given based on CC ranking
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by SquishySir Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:08 pm

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Wannabe Tobber Application
In game username: SquishySir
Ironman?: Yes
CC Rank: Corporal
Discord Username(and #): MrSquishy#4794
Region (US West, US East, Europe, Aus): US East
Preferred time of day to ToB: Evening
Screenshot of gear:
The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Screen10
Screenshot of prayer tab:
The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Screen11
SquishySir
SquishySir

Back to top Go down

Post by Positivity Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:54 pm

added Smile

Kyyrbes wrote:In game username: Kyyrbess
CC Rank: Smiley
Discord Username(and #): Kyyrbes#5381
Region (US West, US East, Europe, Aus): US West
Preferred time of day to ToB: No Preference
Screenshot of gear:The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Tobgea10
Screenshot of prayer tab: The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Tobpra10
Positivity
Positivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Positivity Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:54 pm

Added! Smile

The_Gamed wrote:In game username: The_Gamed
CC Rank: Bronze Star
Discord Username(and #): Gamed#7115
Region (US West, US East, Europe, Aus): Central Canada (Shift work, on at odd hours)
Preferred time of day to ToB: Evenings
Screenshot of gear: The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Tob_ge10

Screenshot of prayer tab: The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 2020-033

Extra: The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Tob_kc11

I know I have KC, just looking for some more players to run with/get better and experienced.

* If you have an inferno cape you will be moved to the front of the que.
** Priority also given based on CC ranking
Positivity
Positivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Positivity Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:55 pm

Added!

SquishySir wrote:=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
In game username: SquishySir
Ironman?: Yes
CC Rank: Corporal
Discord Username(and #): MrSquishy#4794
Region (US West, US East, Europe, Aus): US East
Preferred time of day to ToB: Evening
Screenshot of gear:
The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Screen10
The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 Screen11
Positivity
Positivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Positivity Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:42 pm

FX Plus removed from wannabe tobbers list at his request - unable to TOB outside AUS worlds.
Positivity
Positivity

Back to top Go down

Post by notblueberry Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:33 am

In game username: Trill Swan
Ironman?:No
CC Rank:None
Discord Username(and #):
Region (US West, US East, Europe, Aus):US East
Preferred time of day to ToB:Evening/nights on weekdays, majority of the time on weekends
Screenshot of gear:
https://i.imgur.com/zYiAxwa.png
https://i.imgur.com/bo1ZHdw.png
https://i.imgur.com/e8AJsnX.png

18 kc here, just looking for others to TOB with and learn more things related to raids 2! Laughing

Last edited by Swan on Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:11 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added a sentence, changed username)
notblueberry
notblueberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 7 Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:56 am

I saw one of the requirements was 50+ Olm KC. Is there a similar mentorship program available for COX as well?
Joe 7

The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:26 pm

Joe 7 wrote:I saw one of the requirements was 50+ Olm KC. Is there a similar mentorship program available for COX as well?

You're unlikely to get a response here, seeing as Positivity hasn't been active since August. To answer your question; no, there's no formal CoX learner event. TurtleWurdle hosts them periodically, if you'd like to get in touch with him. Generally though, you're going to have a lot more luck asking around in clan chat or Discord.

The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 7 Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:57 pm

Syllabic wrote:
Joe 7 wrote:I saw one of the requirements was 50+ Olm KC. Is there a similar mentorship program available for COX as well?

You're unlikely to get a response here, seeing as Positivity hasn't been active since August. To answer your question; no, there's no formal CoX learner event. TurtleWurdle hosts them periodically, if you'd like to get in touch with him. Generally though, you're going to have a lot more luck asking around in clan chat or Discord.

Thanks, appreciate this
Joe 7

The OSRS Advice Theatre of Blood [ToB] Mentorship Program - Page 2 IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2