+3
Syllabic
Maria Kati
sunshine293
7 posters

Go down

Ethan Empty Ethan

Post by sunshine293 Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:13 pm

Hey guys my name is Ethan - although I go by "Spir" in-game. I've been playing since about 2010 and am a returning player. I love pvm, bossing and strenuous grinds. I'm enjoying my last summer as a youth before attending the University of San Diego where I will be involved in Army ROTC and their D1 Men's Crew team. I am undeclared at this moment but slowly leaning towards their finance and law program. I would love to be apart of a community, acquire more knowledge and become up to date with the game, and ultimately help others. I'm pretty quiet, but very much enjoy delving into deep, healthy conversations on just about anything. Religion, politics, culture, music and the game (of course) are some of these topics. I'm glad to have finally joined an OSRS community! Go Torreros and Hooah!
sunshine293
sunshine293

Back to top Go down

Ethan Empty Re: Ethan

Post by Maria Kati Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:44 pm

Welcome to the clan Ethan I hope you enjoy our community, most are very helpful if you have questions. Have fun! Very Happy
Maria Kati
Maria Kati

Ethan YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:02 pm

Hey Ethan, nice to see that you got this posted. Did you just come back to the game recently then? Lot of people doing that since quarantine started. Perhaps not an ideal last summer before heading off to college, but I hope you're enjoying yourself nonetheless Smile

Here's hoping ROTC is a good choice for you. D1 Men's in this context means rowing, I assume? Seems to be a big thing in the U.S., especially at schools that offer ROTC programs. You have any experience with it beforehand?

What kind of PVM/bossing are you into? Got some ongoing/upcoming events that might be of interest, namely the Weekly Saturday Mass, Boss of the Week, and PVM Bingo (which should be making a return in the near future). Always down to run some Corp or GWD as well if either of those are up your alley. Now that you're on the offsite you're welcome to sign up for Skill of the Week too. I often find it to be a pretty good motivator.

Finance and Law sounds like an awesome pick as well. Got an idea as to what sort of career you'd like to leverage that into specifically? Am I asking too many questions yet? Aha

As for politcal/religious talk, it's something we try to avoid in the in-game clan chat, but there's a place for it on the Discord server (#srs-talk-debate-vent) if you're interested in checking it out. People generally keep things pretty civil on there. Sounds like you'd be a good fit. Would be good to have you onboard for the music chats as well. Always in the mood to hear some new stuff. We even do jukebox nights in voice chat every so often, which is a great opportunity to share FeelsOkayMan

That's probably enough rambling out of me, so I'll just leave you with the guide I mentioned earlier. Outlines how the ranks/requirements around here better than I ever could: https://www.osrsadvice.com/t3743-how-to-best-get-promoted

There. Hopefully that wasn't too overwhelming. All the best, and looking forward to seeing what you contribute Smile

Ethan NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine293 Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:19 pm

Hello! Yes, I started playing a couple months ago and the nostalgia has hit hard. Also yes, it is a division 1 collegiate rowing team. I love to spend time at vorkath and grind out slayer as well. The future is a long shot right now but if I went the law track I'd be an attorney in the Army and then in the civilian world once I got out. If not law school, probably a financial advisor or accountant. I will also refrain from bringing those topics into the CC, don't worry. Thank you!
sunshine293
sunshine293

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:19 am

Hello! Yes, I started playing a couple months ago and the nostalgia has hit hard. Also yes, it is a division 1 collegiate rowing team. I love to spend time at vorkath and grind out slayer as well. The future is a long shot right now but if I went the law track I'd be an attorney in the Army and then in the civilian world once I got out. If not law school, probably a financial advisor or accountant. I will also refrain from bringing those topics into the CC, don't worry. Thank you!

Was a huge nostalgia hit for me coming back as well. Had no idea what I was doing, mind you, but I was mostly just happy to find out that my favourite game from when I was a kid was still going strong.

Wishing you the best of luck at school, rowing and studies both Smile I personally had no idea what I wanted to do when I was 18 (still don't to a large extent), so regardless of whether it's a long shot or not I think it's great that you've got that to work toward. Gotta dream big sometimes!

Ethan NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:38 am

hey mate! welcome to the clan Smile
moving from rs3 to osrs was big blast from the past, and the more you play, the easier it is to understand why it was as popular as it was back in the day.

Hope you enjoy this community, See you around the cc and Discord Smile
Johno
Johno

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:41 am

Hey Ethan and welcome to the clan mate!

Have to echo what Brodie said about the events we have here. Whilst they're all entirely optional, they are a fantastic resource for meeting up with lots of other people in the clan you may not have met before so you'll be sure to make some new friends and also feel that strong 'community' feeling Smile

What you're going to study sure sounds amazing and I wish you all the best with it. I think it goes without saying that anyone looking to get involved with their armed forces, considering what they represent, is an exceptionally honorable and prestigious thing to be doing so I hope you're proud!

Question from me, have you got any short or long-term goals currently planned for your account in-game?

All that's left for me to say is another warm welcome to the clan and my PM is always on in-game should you need anything so don't hesitate to pop me a message anytime. Until then, take care, stay safe, enjoy your last summer before college and I look forward to catching up with you more when we're both online!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Ethan YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:22 am

Hi Ethan! Like you, I've played RuneScape for awhile though not as long as you - since 2006 for me. I played off and on for years and started playing OSRS around the time it came out on mobile though not regularly. Recently I've been playing it a lot and I really enjoy the nostalgia aspect. It's been fun re-learning things as well as being introduced to new content.

I'm fairly new to the clan but in that short time I've found everyone to be friendly and helpful. If you've been looking for a great OSRS community, this is it! Very Happy
Spiritika
Spiritika

Ethan YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:17 pm

Hey Ethan,

Seen you in chat already, glad you decided to join the offsite! I've always heard good things about San Diego, especially about their university. I've had a few friends that were involved in the Army ROTC and said it was very valuable and worthwhile to them. Don't sweat not being 100% sure about career you'd like to have - it's not an easy decision. You'll figure it out eventually bud!

Catch you in the cc!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Ethan 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum