COCOMARBELLA
Tinnitus
twobviku
Ohmyswan
9 posters

Go down

Hi everyone Empty Hi everyone

Post by Ohmyswan Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:17 pm

Quick introduction. Been playing RS since I was a kid, probably around 2006; been on and off since then (mostly off). Not a serious gamer, played Starcraft 2 and LoL competitvely for a while, but school and now work/life kept me busy. Came back due to pandemic, and man, this game changed alot. Anyways, never really had a main, I liked doing builds (Zerk, skiller, etc.), and never and currently have no plans for maxed. Enjoyed PvP in the past, but prefer PvM and skilling nowadays. I have led some clans back in the day, and was friends/clanmates with Excl (if you guys remember him, throwing in some clout). IRL, I work in consulting, and enjoy playing sports and strength training among other things, like writing "about me" sections Wink. Look forward to meeting some of you guys and attending some potlucks.
Ohmyswan
Ohmyswan

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone Empty Re: Hi everyone

Post by twobviku Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:30 pm

Welcome on aboard Ohmyswan!

Yeah I played when I was young and then didn't touch the game again until last year, and yeah this game has changed a lot since then!

I look forwards to seeing you in-game!

Viku
twobviku
twobviku

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:38 pm

Hey Ohmyswan,

Welcome to the clan and offsite!

I started playing around the same time as you as well, and have played on and off over the years. Most games I'll play for a few months and never again after that, but Runescape seems to be too special to quit for me =p

We definitely have lots of clan events going on frequently, including boss of the week and skill of the week. Also, every Saturday, Mitch hosts a bossing/pvm event that are super fun to attend, and I highly recommend them! Last week was CoX.

Sports ehh? Good for you man, I play pick-up basketball at my Uni's gym when I get the chance. Not the best, but I always have a blast!

Not sure if you are into discord, but if so, we do have a clan discord server. It's an awesome way to meet new peeps and chat!

Welcome aboard, and hope to see you in game soon =)
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hi everyone 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:24 pm

Hey Ohymyswan

Welcome to the clan!

Honoured to have you! Glad you've decided to join us!

Thats a nice introduction I work in banking so I know how you feel! Very Happy I work in banking and on the side whilst dealing with customers I let my character afk skill or train combat in the background!

Feel free to chat in the cc in game or if you see us in game come over and say hi! Very Happy

Happy Scaping
COCOMARBELLA

Hi everyone OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:30 pm

also don't forget to appear on some of our recommended worlds! you'll bump into quite a lot of us now and then! Very Happy
COCOMARBELLA

Hi everyone OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:11 pm

Welcome Swan! That is a lovely name by the way. Not ignoring your introduction, but in regards to your last sentence, a potluck actually sounds super fun! I wonder if it would be possible to organize something silly like that. Could have a more serious tone like everybody bring something ~100k and put it in the party chest. Idk, just something fun. Brand new member and already pitching great ideas! Hope you enjoy your time here Smile

Hi everyone Dabna10

Hi everyone Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

Hi everyone NuD0cpJ

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:07 am

Welcome to the clan mate Smile

Really enjoyed reading your introduction, my eyes particularly lit up when you mentioned that you used to play LoL competitively! I also played competitively! Captained my University/College 'B' team to victory in the National Student Esports (NSE) spring split championship tournament, was playing a lot of glacial augment Veigar back then before the pros had even started to use it on stage haha (my own little clout there). Sad to see the US flag which means you're most likely on NA and with me on EUW we won't be able to link up for some games but I do have some questions, obviously haha:
- Favorite champion? Mine is Vel'Koz Smile
- Least favorite champion? Mine is probably Mordekaiser in his current state lol
- Best position? Mine is either support or mid
- Best elo you achieved? I hit D2 the season before last

Really hope that joining us will only go to improve your overall experience in-game, it certainly has for me and I'm sure for pretty much everyone else too Smile All the best with your short and long-term skilling/PvM goals mate. PM is always on if you need anything too so never hesitate to pop me a message anytime if I'm online. Until then, take care, stay safe and hopefully chat to you more when we're both in-game!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Hi everyone YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sappiness Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:14 am

Wellllllllllll since @Mitch/This Land had to be all like this...

- Favorite champion? Bard babyyyyyy
- Least favorite champion? Any one I have to remember college levels of notes for to lane against
- Best position? 100% Support
- Best elo you achieved? Lately? Gold, back in S1, S2 I played with the "pro's"

Enough about me, Glad to have you here! Looking forward to see you in chat!
- Sappiness/Dan
Sappiness
Sappiness

Hi everyone YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:28 am

Haha Razz good to see your responses too @Nerdual! Very Happy

Bard is awesome. Totally agreed on the not needing college level notes comment. Support is I love you and that's awesome how back in S1/S2 you played with those who would go on to be pros! I started at the end of S4 when Vel'Koz got released, he's the first champion I bought with Riot Points and the skin too so that's why he's 110% my favorite Smile
This Land
This Land

Hi everyone YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:14 pm

Hi Ohmyswan! Like you, I've also played RuneScape off and on since 2006. While it has changed, much of it remains the same. I enjoy both the nostalgia aspect of the game as well as the new content. It's great to see other long time players still playing and enjoying the game. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Hi everyone YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:14 pm

Deleted double post.

Last edited by Spiritika on Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Spiritika
Spiritika

Hi everyone YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:19 pm

Heya Swan, welcome! Sorry for the somewhat late response. Lots to keep track of on the offsite these days, and I find myself missing stuff now and again.

Some of the niche builds seem like they'd be pretty fun. Never tried one myself, but I have a friend that's done a zerker and... one other that I can't remember the name of. Doesn't actually PK though. Just runs them as a restricted main, essentially. A bit unusual, but a fun way to play the game if you're just into the challenge of it.

What kind of PvM are you into these days? Down to send some Corp sometime if you're at all interested, but I'm not good at much else Laughing (just got stacked out while writing this, so maybe you'd be better off staying away, haha)

I know you're already acquainted with the Discord, but definitely check out the #fitness channel if you haven't already. Would be nice to see more activity in there Smile

Hope you enjoy your time with us. Looking forward to seeing you around!

Hi everyone NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmyswan Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:22 am

Thanks guys for all the replies; been a busy week @ work and all the July 4th craziness going on over here.

As for LoL, damn, it's been a while; got to Plat at one point, but got busy with school/social life, so played here and there during breaks. Definitely was a bottom, fav. champ Caitlyn/Twitch/Lucian in that order. Loved Draven as well, was one of my mains while climbing, but mechanics became tedious. Least fav. probably Syndra lol

Really loved SC II though, went Zerg, maxed at Plat, might have hit diamond once on NA servers. Long long time ago, sad that that game died out.

PvMing - Current stats aren't optimal for the heavier bosses, learning Zulrah, did some GWD in the past, but it was in groups. Have never done Corp haha, but sorta just seeing all the bosses and learning the new content in the game (it's alooot).

Ohmyswan
Ohmyswan

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:18 am

aww sounds like your had a blast with 4th July! we don't really celebrate it here in England but still hope you had fun! Very Happy

and I can imagine work is gonna be crazy now with everything slowly lifting!
COCOMARBELLA

Hi everyone OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum