Including lower tier players and some other topics.

3 posters

Go down

Including lower tier players and some other topics. Empty Including lower tier players and some other topics.

Post by Bodjery Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:42 am

Hi Everyone Smile

This is my first time to attempt to write a topic down here.
My lack of a good use of english prevented it from doing it before, so, please,
if anything is not clear enough, just ask!

I have seen many new players recently in the clan, and this has changed a bit the swing in the whole cc and game.
Let me try to explain myself:

Recently I find that , even though we are still keeping the weekly events, thanks to some very nice players,
all is turning more into "Getting through 99" that playing with each other.

May be it's just me, but, my feeling is that we would need to get a knotch down in our anxiety and make lower and mid tier members feel included.

As the cc is going through ,rigth now, appart from the usual questions and answers for help, there is not much concern
for players who are not either at the top or riding towards it with full speed.

Is that correct or no? Well, there is not a good answer for that.
This is just my observation.

So, I leave the idea here, lets also make events that are easier, and I don't mean a massive party or a massive parade which are
gorgeous, but also some activity where lower tiers may feel included in the game, and may level up a bit if they desire so.

Competition is great, but  this is a kind of familiar clan, or so I understood when I first came in, (And again, this is just the way I see it, so no need to agree on this) but nowdays my feeling is that it's mostly all about competition...

I have met with some clannies around the game, who never talked, yet we talked a lot while meeting. Have you ever wonder why? Let's not put the simple and easy answer of "They are busy" as we are all busy ingame.

So, my ideas of today are simple " INCLUSSION".
Just that, make the family bigger, cool, but make the family feel Family even better.
Lets do some activities that might enjoy the lower or mid players, as well as we make the saturday events.

Other ideas would include to offer help to learn something (in a small group), same as many lovely clannies are willing to make BA for those who need the torso... can you get the picture?

I say all this with some scare, as many might  disagree... I know each of us is doing something, but we are forgetting that the path is as important as the arrival.

PLease, if my ideas are not clear, ask me! I am sorry if this came like rough, not my intention at all. I am so lame at writing full english paragraphs LOL
And if you disagree, also please, do comment.

With much love  <3 <3 (where are the emojies hearts?)

Bodjery (BOD)
Bodjery
Bodjery

Including lower tier players and some other topics. YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Including lower tier players and some other topics. Empty Re: Including lower tier players and some other topics.

Post by Purple Dude Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:36 am

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion

It takes 2 to Tango, the lower levels and mid levels also have to want to be included, there are lots of events that are for litterally everyone, sometimes it may seem like only high lvls participate, and that may be true, but if lower lvls don't want to sign up, then there isn't much to do about it.

Like: Skill of the Week, there are no skill requirements at all, you just gotta train the skill and sign up, and for the highly dedicated there are prizes, but prizes are just for the sweaty people, I usually participate on my mid-lvl account just to participate in the social part of the clan, I have yet to win at all Razz
And: Boss of the Week, not all bosses are hardcore, like we had Barrows, you only need 50 Magic and 43 Prayer to really do it, which is low tier and mid tier, but it requires you to sign up, to want to participate. Of course not all weeks are easy, I mean sometimes its Zulrah, which is High tier, but since its different each week, you can just look and check if its for you.

Others are such things as Bandos/Corp Mass: Only req is 70 Strength for Bandos, this makes it mid-tier, and in a mass you can relax and have fun.

I often see people offering Clannies to join Barbarian Assault, and all Clannies are welcome here, as long as they want to.

In short, I agree with your opinion, but I disagree with it too, because we can't include people that does not want to be included, it requires people to seek us out or just willingness to take 2min out of their day to sign up to things.. The events gets advertised alot, so it isn't like it is a completely unknown part of the Clan.
It takes 2 to Tango Smile  bounce  bounce

Including lower tier players and some other topics. NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Including lower tier players and some other topics. Empty Re: Including lower tier players and some other topics.

Post by ladybird2 Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:12 am

You would have loved it today when I logged on, there was a contest of sorts...to provide a line from a film...and then others to guess the film.....completely over my head, I'm either the wring generation or just havent watched that many it seems..... but it was so lovely to see people relating and having fun with it...there was no modding to do, it was like a family get together.....do I want that all day every day...maybe not, but it lightened the mood.
I get what you mean about the meeting and chatting and doing things together, and apart from reading chat I do tend to just get on with my own stuff. I still think making Seers a skilling station so anyone could pop in 24/7 and on home world we may see a few woodcutters and agility players too. I have fond memories way way back when it was the venue for a days clan event including the bells and whistles of fancy dress, skilling and goodness knows what else.....I met so many clan, there was lots of nice busy banter....but it has never taken off, and personally although ge is convenient, seeing clan hidden under piles of other people, and the distractions there doesnt appeal to me as a skilling place.
Ive wittered on as usual, based on me....and Kan has said everything else I would have wanted to say.....how do we get people to sign up to things...and entice the shy ones.
ladybird2

Including lower tier players and some other topics. NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodjery Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:14 am

Aww, I lost that one, it was may be too early for my home time and I have classes... (Photography classes) ....Well may be next time...
K
an, yeah you are right, it takes 2 for dancing Tango

We see things differently, and I appreciate your comment.
Let's see what comes out of this ?
In any case is a nice opportunity to rethink us.

My best to both amid this pandemic times!
Bod in lockdown.
Bodjery
Bodjery

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodjery Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:18 am

Lady, I fully agree with you to make a kind of "Home place" that' might not be GE- it's a good spot, to talk, do some stuff as well, I remember going there with some old clannies (the first one I ever was when I started playing around 20 years ago) and we went to mine coal, in groups, as coal is one of the most boring stuff to do... And mlm never gives you enought coal for metals, right?
So, yes, count me in for that one!
Best one for you Lady!

Bod.
Bodjery
Bodjery

Back to top Go down