Hello :)

5 posters

Go down

Hello :) Empty Hello :)

Post by Yeslan Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:27 pm

Hi there,

I've been semi-lurking in the cc for a little bit now and finally decided to try formally joining since you all seem like a great group of scapers!

A little bit about me... I first started playing Runescape back in like 2008 at the age of 10 when my cousins had introduced it to my brother and I. I can recall my mom saying beforehand that they wanted to show us this game called "Room Escape" haha.
Back then, we didn't know much about the game so all I ever cared about was getting my combat up (though I did love stealing creation and castle wars!). I wanted to be the beefiest boy there ever was, turns out that took a lot of time... and I only ever trained on moss giants. My character ended up around 90-something combat by the time I quit and moved on to other games.

Here I am today with a good amount of free time on my hands due to unfortunate circumstances in the world and figured it was the perfect time to fully jump back into it! Right now I'm still relatively nooby at 84 combat and only 846 total level but I'm having a good time Smile

Also, some of my interests outside of Runescape because why not:
-Baseball (Go M's!)
-Football (Go Hawks!)
-Music (a bunch of different genres, but mainly rock and hip hop!)
-Also I've been trying to get into anime, just finished FMA: Brotherhood recently and loved it!

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read and hope to see you in-game!
Yeslan
Yeslan

Back to top Go down

Hello :) Empty Re: Hello :)

Post by Syllabic Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:40 am

Hey Yeslan! Glad you made it. I recognize you from the CC, but this is a great way to get your name out there.

Your mom was way ahead of her time with that Room Escape thing, eh? Could have made millions if you'd just capitalized on it, smh.

I did a fair bit of skilling back in the day, but never efficiently. Same went for my combat training. I think I trained almost exclusively on hill giants and war tortoises (for some ungodly reason) for pretty much my entire tenure playing RS2, haha. Hill giants are pretty standard fare even today for some accounts, but I've literally never seen another person training at tortoises on Old School. Even back in the day it was essentially dead. Which I always felt was kind of odd, because the shells were actually worth a bit of money. All the other drops were awful though, and it's pretty safe to say these days that I wasted my time Laughing

What are your current in-game goals looking like? Hopefully something a little more involved than becoming "the beefiest boy there ever was", considering how easy it is to reach near-max combat since NMZ was introduced. May have taken you ages back when you were a kid, but you could probably knock it out in a few weeks with enough free time and dedication, haha. Plenty of other content to explore though, as I'm sure you're well aware Wink

I see you're a Mariners fan as well! I'm not suuuper into baseball these days, but I've always had a soft spot for the M's, mostly due to relative geographical closeness, I think. Primarily been a Jays fan on and off since my grandfather introduced me to them when I was little, but I try to keep tabs on Seattle whenever I can. Would love to catch a game at Safeco field some day. Definitely more likely than me trekking all the way to Toronto, at any rate!

As for music, feel free to drop some stuff in the Discord server whenever you like. Always cool to see what other people are into. Some nights we even hang out in voice chat and share music. Often devolves into a bunch of memes and other nonsense, but it's good fun either way.

See ya in-game Smile

Hello :) NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:36 am

Hi Yeslan,

Welcome to the clan mate!

I just got a huge laughing reading your sentence about your mom referring to Runescape as "Room Escape". My mom called it the same exact thing! Oh man, those were the days. I remember getting up about 2 hours before school started everyday to play some runescape. It's crazy to think that over a decade later, I still get the same joys out of the game. I too loved stealing creation - I was involved and ranked in a clan called "Fast Sc" many years ago, and it was nothing but a blast!

Hoping to see you in game bud!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hello :) 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Moondancer Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:15 am

Welcome Yeslan! haha I remember when I first started playing years ago, I thought the name was called run scape and for the longest time I would always wonder what is everyone suppose to be running from lol Im glad you found our CC!. This clan is very friendly and helpful and this is coming from someone who asks probably too many questions lol I hope to see you in the cc and discord Smile
Moondancer
Moondancer

Hello :) YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Hi Yeslan! I started playing RuneScape a bit before you - in 2006 for me. My motivation was due to my then pre-teens/young teens wanting to play after hearing about it from friends so I wanted to "check it out" to make sure it was safe, appropriate, etc. We all ended up playing and it was fun playing together. Though they no longer play, I still enjoy the game.

It was funny reading your story about you training on moss giants to become "the beefiest boy there ever was" and your mom referring to the game as "Room Escape." Laughing
Spiritika
Spiritika

Hello :) YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeslan Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:59 pm

Syllabic wrote:Hey Yeslan! Glad you made it. I recognize you from the CC, but this is a great way to get your name out there.

Your mom was way ahead of her time with that Room Escape thing, eh? Could have made millions if you'd just capitalized on it, smh.

I did a fair bit of skilling back in the day, but never efficiently. Same went for my combat training. I think I trained almost exclusively on hill giants and war tortoises (for some ungodly reason) for pretty much my entire tenure playing RS2, haha. Hill giants are pretty standard fare even today for some accounts, but I've literally never seen another person training at tortoises on Old School. Even back in the day it was essentially dead. Which I always felt was kind of odd, because the shells were actually worth a bit of money. All the other drops were awful though, and it's pretty safe to say these days that I wasted my time Laughing

What are your current in-game goals looking like? Hopefully something a little more involved than becoming "the beefiest boy there ever was", considering how easy it is to reach near-max combat since NMZ was introduced. May have taken you ages back when you were a kid, but you could probably knock it out in a few weeks with enough free time and dedication, haha. Plenty of other content to explore though, as I'm sure you're well aware Wink

I see you're a Mariners fan as well! I'm not suuuper into baseball these days, but I've always had a soft spot for the M's, mostly due to relative geographical closeness, I think. Primarily been a Jays fan on and off since my grandfather introduced me to them when I was little, but I try to keep tabs on Seattle whenever I can. Would love to catch a game at Safeco field some day. Definitely more likely than me trekking all the way to Toronto, at any rate!

As for music, feel free to drop some stuff in the Discord server whenever you like. Always cool to see what other people are into. Some nights we even hang out in voice chat and share music. Often devolves into a bunch of memes and other nonsense, but it's good fun either way.

See ya in-game Smile

Thanks for the reply! In regards to my long term goals, I definitely want to do some bossing and other end game activities. Also want to get a 99 in at least one non-combat skill so I can maybe be motivated to do the others too! (Still unsure on which one, thieving maybe?). Would also love to start a pure at some point and try PVP since I've always been too scared in the past to try it out haha.

I'm sure you'd love it if you ever make it down here to check out Safeco! (I refuse to call it T-Mobile park, that will never not annoy me)
You could be one of the thousands of Blue Jays fans coming down to fill it up when the Blue Jays are in town, it's crazy. Almost seems like a home game for them when they're here in Seattle haha!
Yeslan
Yeslan

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:07 am

Thanks for the reply! In regards to my long term goals, I definitely want to do some bossing and other end game activities. Also want to get a 99 in at least one non-combat skill so I can maybe be motivated to do the others too! (Still unsure on which one, thieving maybe?). Would also love to start a pure at some point and try PVP since I've always been too scared in the past to try it out haha.

I'm sure you'd love it if you ever make it down here to check out Safeco! (I refuse to call it T-Mobile park, that will never not annoy me)
You could be one of the thousands of Blue Jays fans coming down to fill it up when the Blue Jays are in town, it's crazy. Almost seems like a home game for them when they're here in Seattle haha!

Sorry for the slow response! Some solid goals there, though. Plenty of bossing opportunities to be found in the CC, so no worries there when the time comes. Most folks are pretty good about including learners as well.

A skilling 99 is a nice goal as well. My first two 99s were Fletching and Cooking. Not the most exciting. Thieving would be a good choice, I think. Cool looking cape, and you stand to make some alright money along the way depending on your method of choice. I've heard Pyramid Plunder is good, although perhaps less so since the massive influx of thieving bots we saw recently.

Definitely on my bucket list to check out Seattle, and Safeco by extension. Only been to your city once, but I enjoyed every second of my visit. Reminds me a ton of Vancouver, which I'm also a big fan of Smile

Hello :) NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:51 pm

Hi Yeslan!

Welcome to the clan! It's great to see yet another player who has returned to the game they once played in the early years.

When you mentioned "Room Escape" this was my first reaction to when my childhood friend introduced me to it haha.

Don't worry about your level too much, I know around that level you will start creating realistic goals for yourself for the times you can play. Personally I use the RuneLite Notes plugin to keep track of my goals.

I'll be sure to say a hello to you in-game, as I'm fairly new to the clan myself I would still like to extend that if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum