Hello!

Go down

Hello! Empty Hello!

Post by ronaybey on Mon May 25, 2020 9:17 am

Hi,

This is Ronay from Turkey. I'm 24 and currently on my last year in university where I'm studying translation/interpretation.

In the game, I like to balance pvm and skilling.

RSN: Ronhai
ronaybey
ronaybey

Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty Re: Hello!

Post by This Land on Mon May 25, 2020 10:01 am

Hey Ronay and welcome to OSRS Advice mate Smile

What you're studying sounds really cool! My initial guess was that it's language based but then when I thought about it a little more I started thinking about philosophy and that kind of deeper translation so would be great to hear a bit more about that if you were up for it! Very Happy

Balancing PvM and skilling is a great way to keep the game fresh and not burning out. We've got a couple of events that go on here every week that both respectively relate to either PvM or skilling, seeing as you balance between both they might be of interest to you so here's a little information on them both:
- Skill of the Week (SOTW): Clannies vote for a skill, the winning skill becomes 'skill of the week'. Everyone taking part then train as hard as they can to acquire the highest amount of experience gained and the top 3 players win a GP prize!
- Boss of the Week (BOTW): Exactly the same process as skill of the week but instead of a skill everyone votes on a boss and instead of experience gained your kill count increase is tracked! Still the same chance to win some GP prizes Smile

Here's the link for the skill of the week post on this website: https://www.osrsadvice.com/t4060-skill-of-the-week

Here's the link for our clan discord (which I'd recommend joining anyway if it's your thing) where you'll be able to find more information on boss of the week in the #boss-of-the-week channel under 'Events': https://discord.gg/osrsadvice

Important to note that all our events aren't compulsory so it'd be purely down to whether you wanted to take part!

Side note: Absolutely love Turkish food, it's one of my absolute favorites. Do you enjoy cooking?

All the best with your current goals for the game and I look forward to catching up with you more when we're both online Smile My PM is always on if you need anything so don't hesitate to add me and pop a message my way if you have a question or just want to say hey! Until then, take care and stay safe bud - happy gaming!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Hello! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika on Mon May 25, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi Ronay! Your study of translation/interpretation sounds interesting! Though it's a bit different, one of my sons took linguistics classes in college and now works overseas teaching English as a second language.

I tend to prefer skilling over PvM but your balance of both seems like a good plan. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Hello! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic on Tue May 26, 2020 2:27 am

Hey Ronay, pleasure to meet you. A friend of mine is staying in Turkey right now! More strictly speaking, I think he's stuck there. Far as I'm aware, he's not able to return home until the borders start opening again. If you ask me though, it doesn't seem like such a bad place to be stuck, all things considered. Great food, and tons of history. That'd keep me busy for a while I think Laughing

That's a really interesting major! Funnily enough, the friend I mentioned also does work in that field. Interesting coincidence there. I don't have much of an ear for languages myself (aside from my natice one), but I'd love to take the time to learn another some day. French would be useful. I could finally visit Quebec without worrying about embarrassing myself, haha.

Best of luck with finishing your studies! Looking forward to seeing you in the CC.

Hello! NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum