Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! ==

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Empty Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! ==

Post by This Land on Mon May 04, 2020 3:57 am

Ladies and Gentlemen... It gives me a great amount of excitement and honor to announce that I will be reviving our thoroughly missed weekly Saturday 'PvM' events! However, there will be a little twist, so read on for more details on that!

Context
Up until a few months ago we used to have a mass PvM event held every Saturday. The event was created and launched by Pidalu / Jack and was hugely successful. It provided an opportunity for clan members of all levels to... A) Get together as a group regularly. B) Take part in a fun PvM event where it didn't really matter what combat stats / gear you had. C) Have the opportunity to learn about a group boss you might have had little to no exposure to previously with little to no risk due to it being a mass event. D) Be in with a chance to make some serious GP through equal sharing of all major item drops.

After multiple conversations in the clan chat with clannies who really miss this weekly event (myself included) and a quick chat with Pid to make sure he was happy with me taking this on, I was given the green light to go ahead and revive this epic event! Very Happy

Event Process / Structure (with a twist) / Details
Event Process
Voting for each Saturday's event will be held on our official OSRS Advice discord, look for the #weekly-saturday-event channel that will soon be found under the 'Events' section. Voting will take place from Sunday through to Friday. Everyone can vote once for the event they'd like to see hosted. As was previous, an event cannot win consecutively, so if 'Week 1 = Bandos' then votes cast for Bandos in Week 2 will not be counted so make sure your vote always counts! Here's the link for our discord if you don't have it already: https://discord.gg/osrsadvice

Event Structure (with a twist)
The 9 events available to be voted on are:
- Armadyl Godwars
- Bandos Godwars
- Saradomin Godwars
- Zamorak Godwars
- Corporeal Beast
- Dagannoth Kings
- Nightmare of Ashihama
- Raids 1 (Chambers of Xeric)
- PvP Wilderness Trip*
* You've got it... PvP Wilderness Trip is the twist as a new event option, replacing the Castle Wars event. My thinking on this = PKing is something that a lot of people have never experienced before and doing it in a group will be a lot of fun. Don't worry about losing ANY of your valuable items because when this event first wins a vote I will be posting a guide on cheap but effective gear to use and I will be more than happy to dip into my own pockets to help out newer players with the gear they'll need to join us and have an awesome time ruining other peoples fun (tee hehehehe) in the wilderness!

Event Details
Time: Event is 20:00 - 22:00 (UTC) on Saturday 11th July, 2020**
** Any changes to this will be made no less than 48 hours before the event to ensure everyone has notice to still try and come.

Event: Undecided! Vote Now!!

Additional Information
Whilst all of the events are open to everyone, some of the areas do have level or quest requirements, so bare these in mind when casting your vote.
- Godwars Dungeon = Partial completion of Troll Stronghold quest, either 60 Strength OR 60 Agility AND a rope if it's your first time accessing the dungeon. Here's a fairly short but decent 8 minute YT video on getting to the dungeon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPHFMkq3Rz0
- Armadyl Godwars Boss = 70 Range
- Bandos Godwars Boss = 70 Strength
- Saradomin Godwars Boss = 70 Agility
- Zamorak Godwars Boss = 70 Hitpoints

Link for Timezone Conversion: https://savvytime.com/converter/utc-to-bst

Link for Boss Gear Options: https://www.osrsbestinslot.com/boss-gear-and-guides/ ***
*** Scroll down the page to find the boss you need help with for gear options. Click on that boss guide. On the inventory section you'll notice that it automatically offers the best possible gear options HOWEVER the awesome thing about this website is that if you hover over any of the slots you'll see an arrow option to the left, clicking on this will take you to the 'next best' choice for that slot so keep going until you find one that is an affordable / viable option for you Very Happy Smile

Link to Pidalu's original event post: https://www.osrsadvice.com/t3945-pidalu-s-weekly-events-everyone-welcome

All that's left for me to say is that I look forward to hopefully seeing as many of you here as possible! Look out for the #weekly-saturday-event channel on discord to cast your vote and remember...

Everyone is Welcome!
This is purely for Fun!

Can't wait to get this kick started, first event will hopefully be this Saturday (May 9th)

Last edited by This Land on Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:18 pm; edited 30 times in total
This Land
This Land

Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Empty Re: Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! ==

Post by This Land on Mon May 04, 2020 3:57 am

== Post Reserved for Event Pictures ==

Event: Corporeal Beast - 9th May 2020, 20:00-22:00 UTC
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Corp_p10
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Corp_s10

Event: Bandos Godwars - 16th May 2020, 20:00-22:00 UTC
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Bandos10
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Bandos11
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Timmy_10

Event: Zamorak Godwars - 23rd May 2020, 20:00-22:00 UTC
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Chrome10
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli11
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli10

Event: Chambers of Xeric - 30th May 2020, 20:00-22:00 UTC
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli13
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli12
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == 2020-010

Event: Bandos Godwars - 6th June 2020, 20:00-22:00 UTC
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli18
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli17
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli16
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli19

Event: Nightmare of Ashihama - 13th June 2020, 20:00-22:00 UTC
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli20
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli20
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Inq_ha10

Event: Corporeal Beast - 20th June 2020, 20:00-22:00 UTC
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli22
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli21
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli23

Event: Chambers of Xeric - 27th June 2020, 20:00-22:00 UTC
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli25
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli26
Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Runeli24

Last edited by This Land on Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:17 am; edited 9 times in total
This Land
This Land

Back to top Go down

Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Empty Re: Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! ==

Post by Timmmyyy1 on Mon May 04, 2020 4:10 am

This sounds amazing! Unfortunately I can't participate in the events yet because i dont have the requirements, but this makes for a good reason to grind to those levels! Hope everyone has a blast during these events:D
Timmmyyy1
Timmmyyy1

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land on Mon May 04, 2020 4:36 am

@Timmmyyy1 wrote:This sounds amazing! Unfortunately I can't participate in the events yet because i dont have the requirements, but this makes for a good reason to grind to those levels! Hope everyone has a blast during these events:D

Just remember that only the Godwars Dungeon bosses have 'requirements' - you'd still be able to come on a Corp Beast, Dagannoth Kings or PvP Wilderness Trip so make sure you vote for those and before you know it you'll have the requirements for one or more of the Godwars bosses too Very Happy
This Land
This Land

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Light on Mon May 04, 2020 6:48 am

This looks great! I'm glad you added a reserved spot for screenies, I always love to watch everyone's screenshots from events Smile 

I like that you added a wilderness trip option, throws me back to when Hailey used to host wildy events. Hope everything goes well and remember to have fun Razz !

Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == NuD0cpJ

Magic Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 on Mon May 04, 2020 7:04 am

Great to see this revived, although not a participant I know people had a great time, and the energy channelled into cc, and the 'fly on the wall' chat and watching people at ge encouraging and gearing was very good for the clan.
I too love to see the screenies, it shows me places I may never visit!!!! but who knows.
Nice list and I hope a lot sign up.
ladybird2

Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land on Mon May 04, 2020 7:09 am

@Moon Light
@ladybird2

Thanks to you both for the support! Ladybird I am going to make it my own personal mission to get you to one of the mass events, I won't stop until I see you at at least one of them haha.
This Land
This Land

Back to top Go down

Post by Pidalu on Mon May 04, 2020 10:28 am

So glad to see this come back! Countless people message and tell me that they miss the event Smile Also, good to see your thread is a lot prettier and well put together than mine haha! Best of luck Ash
Pidalu
Pidalu

Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Oen on Mon May 04, 2020 10:54 am

Yay! I love these events!! So glad they are being brought back. Thank you so much for taking care of the organisation Mitch I love you
Oen
Oen

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land on Mon May 04, 2020 11:38 am

@Pidalu - Thanks my dude! And thanks again for giving me the green light to host it in your absence, it's an honor tbh - hope to see you make an appearance at one of the events Razz

@Oen - thanks bud! Looking forward to hopefully seeing you at the first one this Saturday! Very Happy
This Land
This Land

Back to top Go down

Post by A mimir on Mon May 04, 2020 4:56 pm

damn might have to burn myself out with stats to be reliable to join haha cant wait!
A mimir
A mimir

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus on Mon May 04, 2020 10:09 pm

Looking forward for a PvP event. There's nothing quite like a mob of peeps tearing up the wildy in pleb gear Very Happy

Also, is it possible that barrows is added to the list of 8? If not, I understand - it doesn't have the same 'team' feel as the other events, but is still fun nontheless.

See you all this Saturday hopefully!

Mash
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanagawa on Tue May 05, 2020 2:18 am

Maybe ill have to attend a few of these on the main while I'm on the 99 Runecrafting grind to switch up the scenery a bit.

Look forward to seeing the turnout and all the lovely participants. Cool
Kanagawa
Kanagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land on Tue May 05, 2020 12:47 pm

Remember not all the options have requirements Mimir so make sure you vote for ones you can come to until you hit certain req's!

Thanks Mash, I'm hoping we can make the PvP work when it happens and it'll be a lot of fun Very Happy RE: Barrows - unfortunately you hit the nail on the head with what you said! Because it isn't a 'group boss' I'd prefer not to have it as an option purely because the whole idea of these events are to have everyone together in a group doing the same thing 'together'. If more people mention it though then I'm obviously more than happy to go with the majority! Hope that's ok I love you

Would be awesome to see you at one of the events Kana!
This Land
This Land

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus on Tue May 05, 2020 10:02 pm

No worries mate, sounds good Smile

Mash
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Back to top Go down

Post by hndofblo0d on Fri May 08, 2020 11:27 pm

keen as a bean
hndofblo0d
hndofblo0d

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb on Fri May 08, 2020 11:59 pm

Can't wait for this! Did a little corp trip just as warmup. Should be a good time with a few sigils thrown in the mix

Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Dabna10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land on Sat May 09, 2020 10:18 am

@hndofblo0d - Glad to hear it man, looking forward to seeing you there Very Happy

@DabbingBrb - Excellent stuff, can't wait to have ya! I've been spamming to anyone talking about the event that you're going to snipe the corp pet so you best not let me down Razz
This Land
This Land

Back to top Go down

Post by praisemyrng on Sat May 09, 2020 2:02 pm

We starting soon?
praisemyrng
praisemyrng

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb on Sat May 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Was a very fun event! Had a huge turnout with a lot of different people getting some kills in. Even Timmy managed to snag a range kill! Excited for whats coming next week Happy Pepo

Weekly Saturday Mass Events == Vote OPEN on Discord! == Dabna10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum