Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event!

4 posters

Go down

Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event! Empty Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event!

Post by Toxic Habit Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:00 pm

Hey There!

For those of you don't recognize me, my old RSN was "SilentPoet". I've always enjoyed giving stuff away and helping people out while I waste my time G.E. standing (which I do way too much). The biggest challenge is having enough funds for myself and to giveaway. So, I had tried out a "Trade Up" challenge that I saw on a youtube video on an alt I made while I grinded myself some woodcutting levels. I had the hopes of doing the challenge till I got the Beaver pet, but after a couple days of woodcutting... I decided to finish the challenge once I hit 75 woodcutting instead.

Part I: The Trade Up Challenge!

I started my Trade Up challenge on my alt TradeUpHere on April 13th, which you may have seen standing are G.E. in W354 the last couple days. Sorry for the Trade Up spam btw; but it was all for the fun of it! The journey began with 25 gp, and where I ended up was way more than I thought possible. I wanted to screenshot every trade that took place, but on the 14th, my RuneLite settings go reset and I didn't notice till the 15th. I will try to sum up all the trades that took place that I can remember for those curious how it unfolded...

April 13th:
25 GP -> Ring of dueling 8
Ring of dueling 8 -> Ring of wealth (empty)
Ring of wealth (empty) -> Ring of wealth (5)
Ring of wealth (5) -> Dragon longsword
Dragon longsword -> Dragon scimitar
Dragon scimitar -> 100,890 Tarromin tars
100,890 Tarromin tars -> 4 Rune plateskirts
4 Rune plateskirts -> 1,000 Cannonballs
1,000 Cannonballs -> 35 Prayer potions (3)
26 Prayer potions (4) -> 30 Super restores (4)
30 Super restores (4) -> 422,701 GP
422,701 GP -> 423,701 GP
423,701 GP -> 42 Amulets of glory (empty)
42 Amulets of glory (empty) -> 5,100 Adamant darts

April 14th:
5,100 Adamant darts -> A bunch of dragon leathers
Dragon leathers -> Amulet of fury
Amulet of fury -> Abyssal whip
Abyssal whip -> 7 Torag's sets (then the person asked for 1 set back and gave me whip back)

April 15th:
6 Torag's sets and Abyssal whip -> Dragon crossbow, Elder chaos set, Bucket helm (g), Ranger gloves, 5k Cannonballs, 2k Bloods, 3k Chaos, 3k Deaths

April 16th:
Dragon crossbow, Elder chaos set, Bucket helm (g), Ranger gloves, 5k Cannonballs, 2k Bloods, 3k Chaos, 3k Deaths -> Dragon longsword and 5 pairs of Infinity gloves
Dragon longsword and 5 pairs of Infinity gloves -> 2 Zamorak godswords and 2 Tridents of the sea (full)

April 17th:
2 Zamorak godswords and 2 Tridents of the sea (full) -> 7k Cannonballs, Amulet of fury, Monk robe top and bottom (g) 10 Rune 2Hs, 10 Rune baxe, Robin hood hat
I was donated a bucket helm (g) and a Giant boot.
I got 3 Rune scimitars and 4 Dragon daggers in a drop party.
3 Rune scimitars, 10 Rune 2Hs, 10 Rune baxe and 4 Dragon daggers -> Ale of the gods

April 18th:
Final loot - Amulet of fury, Monk robe top and bottom (g), Ale of the gods, Robin hood hat, Bucket helm (g), 7k Cannonballs

Part II: My First Clan Event!

I sold the 7k cannonballs in G.E. and bought a Crystal grail and 21 Dragon daggers p++. Made my way to Falador Party Room and we did a little giveaway!

Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event! 2020-010

Thank you to everyone who helped me with the Trade Up challenge and thank you for everyone who came to the event!
Toxic Habit
Toxic Habit

Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event! WPOUh

Back to top Go down

Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event! Empty Re: Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event!

Post by DabbingBrb Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:39 pm

Wow, impressive stuff! I've seen a bunch of trade up videos on youtube and it seems like the common theme is it always takes them an entire day just to get a few tradeups. I'm curious how long on average it would take you between trades? Once again, impressive stuff and very nice of you to give back to the community!

Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event! Dabna10

Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event! Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event! NuD0cpJ

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event! Empty Re: Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event!

Post by Toxic Habit Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:17 pm

DabbingBrb wrote:Wow, impressive stuff! I've seen a bunch of trade up videos on youtube and it seems like the common theme is it always takes them an entire day just to get a few tradeups. I'm curious how long on average it would take you between trades? Once again, impressive stuff and very nice of you to give back to the community!

Hey Dab! Most of the time, it came in spurts. Almost like 2 people were trying to 1 up each other lol. Ash, Poop and Apple were also with me most the time, and they ended up trading me up a lot. Ash would trade me up when there was anything that he could collect, Poop helped me out when I had odd items for a long time, and Apple was always helping me out.

There couple be like, 4 hour gaps between any trades though. It's a lot of patience, but it was fun to G.E. sit and chat with people while leveling wcing on my main.
Toxic Habit
Toxic Habit

Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event! WPOUh

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 pm

This is actually incredible, lol! I seen the account in w354 GE and I had no idea it was you, thought it was a great idea, shocked to see it eventually boiled back to the clan! I'm glad you enjoyed your time doing it Poet, you put a weird spin on a clan event and it's actually really neat! Smile
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event! 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:03 am

Wow this is actually the first time I've come across something like this. Its very impressive and I think I am going to look into these types of videos more. I think its definitely a good way to get things going in the future with a trade off. I Am definitely pumped up for this. Lovely Suggest Skotos. I remember your old RSN now Very Happy I definitely saw you previously.
COCOMARBELLA

Trade Up Challenge / My First Clan Event! OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down