+2
Syllabic
Tommy Boy
6 posters

Go down

Hi, I'm Tom! Empty Hi, I'm Tom!

Post by Tommy Boy Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:35 am

Howdy gang,
My name is Tom & Willocraft in-game. I'm a 26 year old electrician who is currently furloughed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. With having the past three weeks off, I've slowly been getting back into osrs. But, with returning to work Monday means I will be able to play considerably less.

None the less, I'm looking for a fairly large and activate clan. Having an offsite is extremely appealing to me, along with an active Discord. I've been sitting quietly in the cc, and it's practically full most of the time!

Currently I'm just questing, doing some achievements as I can, lowkey grinding for b-gloves, and procrastinating on (starting &) completing Dragon Slayer II. I enjoy flipping items in my downtime, and learning how to boss when possible.

Hopefully I'll see ya'll around in the cc and in the Discord!
Cheers Razz
Tommy Boy
Tommy Boy

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Tom! Empty Re: Hi, I'm Tom!

Post by Syllabic Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:02 am

Hey Tom, welcome Very Happy Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to work. Currently there myself, unfortunately! The extra free time is nice and all, but the longer you're laid off the tighter money gets Shocked

Anyway, I'd say you're in the right place, based on those criteria you listed. We're about as large and active as clans get, from what I've seen! Both a blessing and a bit of a curse, due to how restrictive the clan system is. That update can't come soon enough.

I also need to get going with DS2. Currently the only requirement left is 68 Mining (I think). Probably going to take me an age, because I can't stand lower level MLM.

Always up to do a bit of bossing though! My favourite is Corp, but it's probably about time I learned something new. Feel free to hit me up if you're interested Smile

Feel free to post in the Smiley thread in order to get ranked. Just don't expect it to happen terribly soon. We've already got a waiting list, and it's not getting any smaller! https://www.osrsadvice.com/t3741-looking-for-a-smiley

See you in-game, and best of luck back at work on Monday!

Hi, I'm Tom! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Boy Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:10 am

Syllabic wrote:Hey Tom, welcome Very Happy Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to work. Currently there myself, unfortunately! The extra free time is nice and all, but the longer you're laid off the tighter money gets Shocked

Anyway, I'd say you're in the right place, based on those criteria you listed. We're about as large and active as clans get, from what I've seen! Both a blessing and a bit of a curse, due to how restrictive the clan system is. That update can't come soon enough.

I also need to get going with DS2. Currently the only requirement left is 68 Mining (I think). Probably going to take me an age, because I can't stand lower level MLM.

Always up to do a bit of bossing though! My favourite is Corp, but it's probably about time I learned something new. Feel free to hit me up if you're interested Smile

Feel free to post in the Smiley thread in order to get ranked. Just don't expect it to happen terribly soon. We've already got a waiting list, and it's not getting any smaller! https://www.osrsadvice.com/t3741-looking-for-a-smiley

See you in-game, and best of luck back at work on Monday!

Oh the free time is great! But like you said, sadly it comes down to the income Crying or Very sad

I ended up finishing 68-70 mining over in the Falador mines, and deposited the iron ore. Took a few hours, but mlm is.. well, mlm
I've never Corp'ed! I just learned Bandos this past week and was pleasantly surprised to see how (fairly) easy he was. Tho, even with top tier equipment, we could only manage about 3 kills per trip.

I shoot a post over on that thread, thanks! And I'll be pm'ing you about corp soon Twisted Evil
Tommy Boy
Tommy Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:18 am

Iron might be my best bet, honestly. I think I'll finish up my Motherlode grind for the prospector set + upper level either way though, since I've heard it's pretty good once you no longer have to compete for a good spot.

I don't have a ton of Bandos experience either. GWD in general, actually. I'd love to learn Sara or Armadyl some time! I'm honestly not picky though, as long as it makes me money Laughing

As for Corp, I'd say it's even easier than Bandos. I find I sort of get into the groove and can go for hours without getting bored, provided I have the right group of people Smile Feel free to message me whenever, though! I keep an extra Zammy spear and a BGS on hand as well, if you're short on gear.

Hi, I'm Tom! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:54 am

Welcome Tom, great goals to begin with Barrows gloves are awesome! Can't wait to chat with you in game Smile
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

Hi, I'm Tom! 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:01 am

Tommy Boy wrote:Howdy gang,
My name is Tom & Willocraft in-game. I'm a 26 year old electrician who is currently furloughed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. With having the past three weeks off, I've slowly been getting back into osrs. But, with returning to work Monday means I will be able to play considerably less.

None the less, I'm looking for a fairly large and activate clan. Having an offsite is extremely appealing to me, along with an active Discord. I've been sitting quietly in the cc, and it's practically full most of the time!

Currently I'm just questing, doing some achievements as I can, lowkey grinding for b-gloves, and procrastinating on (starting &) completing Dragon Slayer II. I enjoy flipping items in my downtime, and learning how to boss when possible.

Cheers Razz

Welcome officially to the cc Tom, great to have you!

Whilst it definitely sucks that you'll have less time to play OSRS it's always good to get back into a somewhat normal form of life with starting work again AND at least you weren't permanently laid off like I know so many people have been which is awesome! It will still be awesome to see you in the cc whenever you have time to play Smile

Sounds like you've got a good amount of goals to work your way through, looking forward to hearing about those when they become achievements! I recently just finished off my QPC and Hard Diaries in all areas of the game, my next goal is 99 runecrafting Razz There's always a good selection of people in the cc bossing and almost everyone will be willing to teach you too so make sure you jump into some of those, I like to call them mini-events, as and when they happen!

My PM is always on if you need me so don't hesitate to send a message if you have a question or want to just say hello, I'm always up for a chat when online Smile Until then, take care and looking forward to speaking to you more in the future!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Hi, I'm Tom! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Boy Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:31 am

Th1s Land wrote:

Cheers Razz

Whilst it definitely sucks that you'll have less time to play OSRS it's always good to get back into a somewhat normal form of life with starting work again AND at least you weren't permanently laid off like I know so many people have been which is awesome! It will still be awesome to see you in the cc whenever you have time to play Smile

Sounds like you've got a good amount of goals to work your way through, looking forward to hearing about those when they become achievements! I recently just finished off my QPC and Hard Diaries in all areas of the game, my next goal is 99 runecrafting Razz There's always a good selection of people in the cc bossing and almost everyone will be willing to teach you too so make sure you jump into some of those, I like to call them mini-events, as and when they happen!

My PM is always on if you need me so don't hesitate to send a message if you have a question or want to just say hello, I'm always up for a chat when online Smile Until then, take care and looking forward to speaking to you more in the future!

Best,
Mitch

Hey, thanks Mitch!
I think I may have accidentally down voted your post. I'm sorry, I'm still learning the controls on this forum. It has that oldschool html vibe Razz

Tommy Boy
Tommy Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:00 pm

Tommy Boy wrote:
Th1s Land wrote:

Cheers Razz

Best,
Mitch

Hey, thanks Mitch!
I think I may have accidentally down voted your post. I'm sorry, I'm still learning the controls on this forum. It has that oldschool html vibe Razz

Ah man... c'mon, I was so close to hitting my favourite number (12)...! I'm fully kidding haha no worries at all, and for your honesty I'ma up-vote your post Razz

Like I said before, looking forward to meeting you in-game and chatting more when we're both online Smile Currently GE standing at the counter permanently RN doing a massive bank rearrangement Razz

Hope to chat more soon!
This Land
This Land

Hi, I'm Tom! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Boy Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:31 pm

Th1s Land wrote:
Tommy Boy wrote:
Th1s Land wrote:

Cheers Razz

Best,
Mitch

Hey, thanks Mitch!

Ah man... c'mon, I was so close to hitting my favourite number (12)...! I'm fully kidding haha no worries at all, and for your honesty I'ma up-vote your post Razz

Like I said before, looking forward to meeting you in-game and chatting more when we're both online Smile Currently GE standing at the counter permanently RN doing a massive bank rearrangement Razz

Hope to chat more soon!

Hahaha oh gosh, I gotchu on the next upvote Cool
I should post a bank picture in the discord! I did a pretty fair rearrangement myself, BUT since I only have mainly mid-tier gear, it's subpar. I'm always looking for a better setup though! I'm pretty organized when it comes to simple things like so. Along with account spreadsheets, that's my ish Razz  
Tommy Boy
Tommy Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctivagous Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:51 pm

Hey Tom, pleasure to have you join the clan.

Your name reminds me of the movie "Tommy Boy" which I adore!

It is nice to have you officially join OSRS Advice, and believe me when I started Dragon Slayer 2 I was so intimidated and terrified thinking to myself how on Earth am I going to complete this quest?
But sure enough I stuck through with it and completed it fairly recently Cool.
And no doubt you will do the same exact thing *fist bump*.

Maybe you can give me some pointers in the CC on flipping items on your downtime, hope to see you around.

P.S. that's a beautiful computer you got there.

Sincerely,
Noctivagous
Noctivagous
Noctivagous

Hi, I'm Tom! IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Boy Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Noctivagous wrote:Hey Tom, pleasure to have you join the clan.

Your name reminds me of the movie "Tommy Boy" which I adore!

It is nice to have you officially join OSRS Advice, and believe me when I started Dragon Slayer 2 I was so intimidated and terrified thinking to myself how on Earth am I going to complete this quest?
But sure enough I stuck through with it and completed it fairly recently Cool.
And no doubt you will do the same exact thing *fist bump*.

Maybe you can give me some pointers in the CC on flipping items on your downtime, hope to see you around.

P.S. that's a beautiful computer you got there.

Sincerely,
Noctivagous

Cheers, Noctivagous!
I've taken a break from my questing for now, I think I burned myself out Razz
But feel free to add me in game! I'm always down to talk about flipping items Smile
Tommy Boy
Tommy Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:49 pm

Hi Tom

Welcome back to OSRS and the CC. Glad to see so many new and old faces joining us. We should defo hold a party in game sometime due to the increased number in players returning and joining.
COCOMARBELLA

Hi, I'm Tom! OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Boy Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:23 pm

ASUNAX0XX wrote:Hi Tom

Welcome back to OSRS and the CC. Glad to see so many new and old faces joining us. We should defo hold a party in game sometime due to the increased number in players returning and joining.

Thank you! I've officially received a Smiley rank Cool
I'm always down for a party! Let's do it! Twisted Evil
Tommy Boy
Tommy Boy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum