+2
Kai Whiston
juked
6 posters

Go down

New Noob Empty New Noob

Post by juked Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:59 pm

hey all,

my name is juked (rip juked in game) and i just got osrs members for the first time yesterday. turns out its a lot more fun than f2p so i looked for a clan and someone said to join this clan chat on reddit now here i am, thankyou to everyone that has answered my noob questions Very Happy some of my goals are to maintain member with in game gold but thats proving to be harder than i thought with my low ish 77 combat and having so many quests to do.
juked
juked

Back to top Go down

New Noob Empty Re: New Noob

Post by Kai Whiston Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:28 pm

Hello and welcome!

If I could suggest something for your goal, I would suggest finding the means to pay IRL money for your membership if you can for at least the first few months. Your account is still in the early stages, so that 5+ million gp every 2 weeks is going to set you back a lot, and from your stats it doesn't seem like you have access to the best moneymakers yet to compensate. This may be disappointing to hear, but that's just how the game is designed - the best things in life are not always free Razz

Members is fun, but it's going to be a lot more fun when you can pay and don't need to worry about having to grind out gp for a bond every so often.
Kai Whiston
Kai Whiston

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Hey! Welcome to the offsite, and huge props to you for getting membership for the first time. It really opens up so much more of the game. I will say; it's going to be difficult for you to maintain a bond with your stats and the options that are available to you. I would personally pay for your membership until you're a bit farther along (provided that's an option). I've seen more than one person get burned out just from trying to maintain membership. Don't let it happen to you!

What are your goals besides that? A lot of people choose the Quest Cape, or Diary completion. Those will both help to round out your stats a lot as well, if you decide to work toward them.

Just FYI, you can post here to get your in-game Smiley: https://www.osrsadvice.com/t3741-looking-for-a-smiley

We also have a Skill of the Week event that you might be interested in. It's good motivation to work on skills that you've been neglecting, if you're anything like me: https://www.osrsadvice.com/t4060-skill-of-the-week

There are other events that you can vote on if you join the Discord server as well, so I'd suggest doing that if you're at all curious Smile It's also just a nice place to hang out and chat with clannies.

Best of luck with your in-game journey, and always feel free to ask questions! That's what we're here for.

New Noob NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sappiness Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:04 am

Welcome Juked! Glad to have you here! Very Happy

If I can help in any way dont be affraid to PM me, always looking for new buddies! Smile

IGN: Nerdual
Sappiness
Sappiness

New Noob YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Maebious Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:23 am

Welcome Juked!
Wish I had the nostalgia you're experiencing right now exploring p2p for the first time! Very Happy

I would recommend looking into fire making (using the Wintertodt minigame) and fletching which are both profitable skills, giving you a nice bit of starter cash!

Don't neglect slayer which is a fun diverse way of training your combat skills and starts making decent gp after level 70 ish.

Complete as many p2p quests as your can the rewards will really set you up to go further! Examples are: Waterfall Quest, Lost City (for access to dragon weaponry apart from the d scim), Heroes Quest, Legends Quest and One Small Favour.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you have in the cc! See you around bud

Maebious

Back to top Go down

Post by bokeh_dot Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:12 pm

Welcome to the clan!! Just keep at it--you'll be able to afford bonds before you know it! Very Happy We are always here if you have any questions about the game--getting membership is getting a whole new world!
bokeh_dot

New Noob YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down