Becoming Ironman

4 posters

Go down

Becoming Ironman  Empty Becoming Ironman

Post by Postpono Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 pm

I've made an introduction in the past. That was my main PvM account which I've grown quite bored of.

Runescape has changed a massive amount over the past few years. Some I'm not happy about, but neither am I worthy to complain. The end game is scarce without good knowledge in the "current" time. Mainly meaning; If you don't read update logs or Google any information for a few years, you won't have a clue about new features. This may not make since to some, but I hope someone reading this will get my idea lol.

Joining the day OSRS came back I was nostalgic and eager to grind. I made decent stats and made mid-late stats. This is before the major updates to skilling and having to do everything truly "Old School". Joining back again seeing people with amazing stats I wondered why. That's when I discovered Wintertodt (yes I haven't played for that long) is an amazing and in my opinion overpowered. That was just one of the things or minigames that give amazing XP rates and items. Not mentioning others as I have yet to really discover them myself. IE Farming.

Wondering what I was even doing slowly grinding away on slayer to just make pure GP for fun on my main PVM, I decided to re-brand myself and make new accounts to venture into different account types/classes. I ultimately landed on Ironman for the most nostalgic and excited feeling. Getting the drops I currently get on my PvM seem worthless as they're just sold on the GE. Irons however need that new item unlock whether it be from skilling or slaying. That's my main objective with the new iron. Get to the point where I feel like I've accomplished as much as my main.

I really don't want to get into too much detail about my current progress on my iron, but I'm currently active within the clan chat under the name "Postpono".

Sorry the the long introduction. If you read it, thanks!
Postpono
Postpono

Back to top Go down

Becoming Ironman  Empty Re: Becoming Ironman

Post by vit Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:45 am

Welcome to the clan my dude! Smile
vit
vit

Becoming Ironman  U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gisrithe Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:18 pm

To be honest, I am really not sure how much has changed all this time since OSRS came to be. I still haven't even tried wintertodt. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the games updates. But it still feels good to me. Nothing crazy has happened to make me want to quit like in the original version of the game.

Props for playing ironman, I don't think I could do that. Though, I really like how you kind of get to play abandoned content as an ironman. That's the one thing that would probably lure me into at least trying it. I would see a lot of runescape I never do currently.

Hope you have a lot of fun on your new ironman account
Gisrithe
Gisrithe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Whiston Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:57 am

Welcome to the clan!

I certainly understand your sentiment, or at least as much of it as I can. RuneScape, even with its adherence of keeping things "old school", certainly isn't what it used to be. Doing things efficiently is the name of the game - that's why Wintertodt is so popular, because on top of giving the Firemaking skill a purpose, you get to train other skills as well (even if at slower rates), and there's also the other rewards that come with it. It makes it a more viable option than just burning logs all day. Also long gone are the days where people would do things like pick flax to sell for GP, because it no longer adds to the progression of an account, because there are more efficient ways to make money (with bossing, with Slayer, or if you have lots of $$$ you can convert that to GP through bonds or other nefarious means) and bots have ruined the economy to the point where certain items like flax have become almost worthless in value. I don't think you're alone in that feeling - I'd guess it's probably why a lot of people go ironman in the first place, as a way to countermeasure some of the problems with the current state of the game in spite of all its positives.
Kai Whiston
Kai Whiston

Back to top Go down