ladybird2
SoraSpirit
Bear
Matt Ross
Moon Light
Vespolar
13 posters

Go down

real life money making! Empty real life money making!

Post by Vespolar Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:47 am

What does every one do for a job that earns them that $11 a month membership (If you don't use bonds)

I am a Deputy Clerk of Superior Court! I mainly work in a Civil District Courtroom. I maintain all records and outcomes of everything that happens in the courtroom I work in. I also keep track of every exhibit that parties enter into evidence. Out of court I work on all motions for that court and get them to varies judges to review and sign. I also prepare each file for court as well. My office has over 100,000 files we keep track of and we hope not to misplace it and if we do...We spend hours looking for them when we have time. I am one of 185 in my office!

real life money making! Image-10
Vespolar
Vespolar

real life money making! NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

real life money making! Empty Re: real life money making!

Post by Moon Light Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:44 pm

That sure sounds like an interesting job, never actually heard of it. I don't work full time since I'm a student but in the summers and on breaks I work as a camp counsellor or at a store Smile

Magic Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Ross Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:58 pm

Sounds like a job which requires high attention, good on ya Smile

I recently graduated In Business Administration, worked in marketing & for a real estate office. I quit after just a few weeks/months I felt the office life wasn't for me, it was definitely scary and a bit rational at the time.

Currently, I work at Honda Manufacturing in thermal systems part-time. Full time I'm back in school taking Electrical Engineering.

I love cars/racing development, a dream job would be working around that industry in the future, ideally in Formula 1.

Although I could live my life feeling content working at a cafe and living walking distance from work, all the things I plan change very often..Just depends how healthy and happy my lifestyle is.
Matt Ross
Matt Ross

real life money making! 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:10 pm

I'm an Information Security Analyst for a company called NTT. I sit in front of 4 monitors for 10 hours a day analyzing traffic for SQL injections, buffer overflows, malware, and all that fun stuff!

AKA OSRS Advice

AKA Bearadomin

AKA Bearrows

AKA King Bear

Bear
Bear

real life money making! OTXfGgg

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraSpirit Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:13 am

I'm a media sales person in a mid-large fintech start up, my day to day is basically sending out proposals, talking to clients, negotiating on the proposals sent, finding new clients, helping with the execution of whatever campaign i've sold. Smile

real life money making! Unknown
SoraSpirit
SoraSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:37 am

I worked in a bank for a few years and then later a Building Society, still lending money and accepting savings but on a smaller more intimate scale, loved then both, as I like the public, and love things that add up. Numbers never lie, in that sort of work anyhow...if they do there is a real problem !!.
Later I was able to combine working part time plus being on call at holiday times, with work in floristry for a friend in her shop, and later in her interiors shop too. That played to both sides of my personality, straight forward figures and artistry. I have always been creative, have demonstrated and taught flower arranging.As a side line I help out with weddings and parties 'doing the flowers' and undertake commissions for wedding stationary, cards and art work. I draw paint, use mixed media, and am currently decoupaging some birds ( wouldn't you know) with patterned papers and fabrics. I have an eye on the Christmas market this year with some fabrics angels ( a friend said ,look like Einstein)...is that a friend??? well they do have white furry hair, because they are quirky. What I don't do is any two things the same, I always build on existing ideas, more fun for me, I'm not a machine.
I relate completely to Matt ,the café comment and exploring other possibilities, the things I have ending up doing are not work to me at all but a joy and I'd want to do them paid or not, but I do get paid. Once you have rent or a mortgage, family or responsibilities and need to keep food on the table, it is a life changer. Who was it said if your career is something you love, you never work another day in your life. ( was it Hailey)?. She told me the other day she loves being a workaholic...which is why she sprung to mind.
Before I get hauled over the coals because everyone is not so fortunate...and I know it, if you dream of doing something else, try to make the dream come alive, little by little, or indulge yourself in a hobby you love, or sport, or even play this game 'for fun' imagine that Smile In another life I'd have been a florist first maybe, looked down on by my school for not choosing a more academic path , it was considered a poorly paid job, with huge negatives,more of a hobby. Now my florist friends are highly paid, work hard at something they love...... and reap the rewards. So I went into the bank!
Thanks for sharing..........it made very interesting reading.
I am grandfathered in to runescape at £3.20 a month............bargain of a life time !
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by elemntsk8ter Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:48 am

I'm a Security Operations Lead for a small company. I manage a team of 1. So I get to manage those who do the job of @The Bear but because I'm by myself, I get to do it all myself. Corporate phishing, vulnerability management, incident triage and response, etc etc.

BTW - We used to be a customer of yours, Rivet. Smile

Last edited by elemntsk8ter on Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
elemntsk8ter
elemntsk8ter

real life money making! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Knecken Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:19 pm

Sounds like a cool job!

Im working as a seniro dev making online slots.
We are around 45 people overall, a third(ish) of that working on the games themselves.

I do the programming of the games themselves and game design.
Dabbling with some backend things when needed.
We usually work in a core team of 2 graphical artists and a programmer.
I find it really interesting and fun!
A lot more creative then one might think! Very Happy
Knecken
Knecken

Back to top Go down

Post by Bing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:24 am

All fantastic & detailed posts, thanks for creating this thread Vesp. Very interesting reading what you all do for a living.
Bing

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodjery Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:09 am

I am retired, but still in investments.
My main job now is photography which doesn't always get payed, but I don't care, as my income comes from investmens, markets, etc. During my life I had to do lots of stuff. Southamerica isn't easy you need to be witty, and change as economy in countries change. So , and as I had some studies, they all worked in the proper times. I was a secretary at Hewlett Packard, then just by accident I went to work with a dentist helping as assistant. But I studied arts, and spent lots of years working either in theather, tv or add campaings as actress. Then and when I got ill , I decided to shift a bit, and studied at Jacob's Levy Moreno school of Pshycodrama. I tried to get into pshycology university but couldn't with kids and uni. Photography came as a part of my art stuff, I always painted with oils, made some glass fussing stuff and some other creative techniques. Art is within my life. I discover the game while I was pregnant with my last kid and had to be in bed for quite a long time during pregnancy, so... there I got hoocked, now kids are grown ups, and I can have more time for me and hubby .
We both bred Affenpinschers, for more than 14 years. Now we are not but we still have 14 of them. Animals are a passion for us. At home it's kind of a small zoo ! We have chickens, dogs, a parrot, a cat and ducks...
I was born in Chile, raised in Argentina and now live in Uruguay.
I hope that this small letter can give you an idea of who I am Smile
Thanks for being out there, and please excuse my grammar mistakes. My language is spanish.
I love reading about you all, it's really very interesting!
Bodjery
Bodjery

Back to top Go down

Post by eoinc Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:26 pm

I am a calibration technician right now. I work in pharmaceutical labs and manufacturing plants to ensure that the mechanical equipment meets FDA regulations for making medicine. I don't think its a career I want to pursue yet, but I have a psych degree I could capitalize on. Otherwise I may take some engineering classes in the future.
eoinc
eoinc

Woinc Med

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:32 am

Loved reading this thread, very interesting what some of you do for a living!

I work in Aged Care, right across the board, home care, residential and palliative, I absolutely love my job and the people I get to meet, hearing their stories, learning all about their life, being there at the end stages of their lives is something that is very special to me, I love being able to assist people to stay in their homes for as long as possible and I also love helping those that need a lot more assistance in their daily lives.

I was actually a hairdresser for 10years+ but quit after the birth of my 2 child and I took a few years off work to raise them, my son was diagnosed with ASD at the age of 3, which got me interested in the Disability Sector, I worked for a short while with children with disabilities, unfortunately I found myself struggling emotionally with this work until a friend suggested Aged Care, and I have not looked back!
Avallan
Avallan

Back to top Go down

Post by iNumbersz Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:44 am

After i left school i worked at mcdonalds for a year to save some $$ for the courses I wanted to pursue.
Done my Certificate 4 and diploma in web design and graphic design.
Done a few websites for a couple of companies but too hard to actually get a steady income with that line of work in my area.
After that I worked for my dad doing alarm installation for businesses / residences.
Got pretty bored with labor type work so I applied for a security control room (the side that monitors these alarm systems).
Been with this company for 7.5yrs now and currently the night shift supervisor.
iNumbersz

Back to top Go down