Bing
Bear
letterbag
7 posters

Go down

Clan Recruitment Empty Clan Recruitment

Post by letterbag Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I joined a little over a month ago and I've been grateful for all the help and advice I've received from everyone in the CC. I enjoy our ability to have RS and IRL topics discussed in a mature fashion.

That being said, I'd love to know more about the clan recruitment process. I found the clan via the forums and was wondering what are the other recruitment initiatives if there are?
letterbag
letterbag

Back to top Go down

Clan Recruitment Empty Re: Clan Recruitment

Post by Bear Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Sorry, haven't had my lethal dose of caffeine yet today so I'm a little slow on the uptake. What do you mean by recruitment initiatives? Like other methods we use to recruit others, aside from the official forums?

AKA OSRS Advice

AKA Bearadomin

AKA Bearrows

AKA King Bear

Bear
Bear

Clan Recruitment OTXfGgg

Back to top Go down

Post by letterbag Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:23 pm

Three Dog wrote:Sorry, haven't had my lethal dose of caffeine yet today so I'm a little slow on the uptake. What do you mean by recruitment initiatives? Like other methods we use to recruit others, aside from the official forums?

No worries.

That is correct. Do we have plans to do like weekly events for recruitment such as going to the G.E. as a clan?

Or having incentives to recruit by awarding x amount of gp for every successful recruit that posts here, gets a smiley, and have been active?
letterbag
letterbag

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:49 pm

Hmm as far as I know, no plans like that are currently in the works. It's hard to promote a clan such as ours at places like the GE for a few reasons such as spam, trolls, etc. That being said, if you know of any methods/events that would allow us to recruit without worrying about any of that, please let us know and we can take a look at it!

As far as incentives, we generally like to see others recruiting new members for the benefit of the clan and/or the person being recruited rather than for monetary gain. I recently spotted a new player that was about to get scammed at the GE, PMd and warned them about it, and gave them some advice which led to me telling them about our cc. Told them to feel free to run anything past us if something "too good to be true" happens again and we can give them some advice on whether or not it may be a scam.

I will say that, when I notice someone recruit a new clannie and both the recruiter and the recruitee are a good fit, that's one factor I keep in mind (among many) when they get recommended and I'm deciding whether to support that person's promotion or not.

AKA OSRS Advice

AKA Bearadomin

AKA Bearrows

AKA King Bear

Bear
Bear

Clan Recruitment OTXfGgg

Back to top Go down

Post by Bing Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:36 pm

Our clan is definitely not short on members as you know - that being said we always love to see new faces in the cc or new clannies posting introductions!

Most of our new members seem to come from the Rs forum recruitment thread (thanks for the bumps by the way) and from referrals. This process seems to work well and generates a good amount of new members, but if you have any ideas for further recruitment it's always a good idea to share on here.

In-game advertising I believe was used a very long time ago, and after the clan had enough members I don't think it was needed any further. Unfortunately, this method can bring in a good amount of trolls and also come across as spammy as Rivet mentioned.

When a clan member introduces a new member to the cc, I also notice this and am happy to see it - shows that they are being proactive and welcoming to others which is always looked upon favorably.
Bing

Clan Recruitment NuD0cpJ

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:41 am

People have taken it upon themselves to spam the clan name from time to time, with presumably good motives. Inevitably it has led to bored trolls finding it a great lark to come and taunt us. Chances are people we get via forums, will have had a look at our rules before coming to us. If people recruit one to one, its usually because they find someone  doing a similar activity, they chat and can also give them a heads up on things like non swearing,which makes us fairly unique, and not for everyone. The reward for recruiting is being in a large clan with like minded people of all ages and abilities from all over the  world and hopefully having fun in a pleasant atmosphere. Quality not quantity.
ladybird2

Clan Recruitment NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Advice Bot Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:29 am

I would echo these comments. The RSOF is very powerful if enough dedicated members continue to bump it.

I do know that we've grown with a number of pleasant individuals through in-game interaction. Whether this be large scale clan events where people take notice to the fun we are having, or 1 on 1 chats between a member and a clan candidate... both have been effective in the past... I've tried to encourage everyone to be friendly, meet new players, and if they appear suitable for the clan, give them an invite. This recruitment style is more personal and has been much more effective from the anecdotes I've heard..
Advice Bot

Clan Recruitment EXUiqne

Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by letterbag Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:03 am

Three Dog wrote:Hmm as far as I know, no plans like that are currently in the works. It's hard to promote a clan such as ours at places like the GE for a few reasons such as spam, trolls, etc. That being said, if you know of any methods/events that would allow us to recruit without worrying about any of that, please let us know and we can take a look at it!

As far as incentives, we generally like to see others recruiting new members for the benefit of the clan and/or the person being recruited rather than for monetary gain. I recently spotted a new player that was about to get scammed at the GE, PMd and warned them about it, and gave them some advice which led to me telling them about our cc. Told them to feel free to run anything past us if something "too good to be true" happens again and we can give them some advice on whether or not it may be a scam.

I will say that, when I notice someone recruit a new clannie and both the recruiter and the recruitee are a good fit, that's one factor I keep in mind (among many) when they get recommended and I'm deciding whether to support that person's promotion or not.

Correct, G.E. may be hard. I was just thinking of one of the most populated places in RS to promote the clan. I do agree though and believe that one-on-one recruitment is more effective. I don't think I've seen any events in-game (as far as I know) where we can congregate as a clan and participate in events such as skilling. I noticed that we do a lot of PvM's. Maybe there can be an event where we teach others who don't PvM and take them along?
letterbag
letterbag

Back to top Go down

Post by letterbag Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:05 am

Bing wrote:Our clan is definitely not short on members as you know - that being said we always love to see new faces in the cc or new clannies posting introductions!

Most of our new members seem to come from the Rs forum recruitment thread (thanks for the bumps by the way) and from referrals. This process seems to work well and generates a good amount of new members, but if you have any ideas for further recruitment it's always a good idea to share on here.

In-game advertising I believe was used a very long time ago, and after the clan had enough members I don't think it was needed any further. Unfortunately, this method can bring in a good amount of trolls and also come across as spammy as Rivet mentioned.

When a clan member introduces a new member to the cc, I also notice this and am happy to see it - shows that they are being proactive and welcoming to others which is always looked upon favorably.

That's good to know! I just stated that since I tried a few CC's before this and this is what some did, but did notice a lack of quality in regards to clan retention since I'll assume we want clan members who provide quality participation.

I was a huge forumer back in 06-08 and coming back after 10 years, I still am. Unfortunately, it used to have thousands of active members and now it's just like... 20.

There's a lot of people looking for clans in the "Looking for a Clan Thread" and was thinking of reaching out to some. We don't necessarily have any entry requirements in regards to recruiting, correct?
letterbag
letterbag

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Well I'd certainly be on the receiving end of the teaching but you're right that PvMing is massively popular these days. It may be hard to find people wanting to learn that aren't already part of a clan though but I think you're heading in a good direction with the idea.

As for your other question, there's no entry reqs for people wanting to join other than following our rules. Our language policy does often come as a shock to some when they get warned in the cc so I usually try to work that into my recruitment pitch as well so they're aware beforehand. If they're still interested in joining after knowing about our language rule then they're less likely to challenge it after joining in my experience.

AKA OSRS Advice

AKA Bearadomin

AKA Bearrows

AKA King Bear

Bear
Bear

Clan Recruitment OTXfGgg

Back to top Go down

Post by Bing Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:24 pm

letterbag wrote:
Three Dog wrote:......

Correct, G.E. may be hard. I was just thinking of one of the most populated places in RS to promote the clan. I do agree though and believe that one-on-one recruitment is more effective. I don't think I've seen any events in-game (as far as I know) where we can congregate as a clan and participate in events such as skilling. I noticed that we do a lot of PvM's. Maybe there can be an event where we teach others who don't PvM and take them along?

For the last part I assume you mean taking clannies who don't usually Pvm along and showing them the ropes? This is always a good idea - many times people bring new Pvmers along to God Wars or Dag Kings to teach them the ropes - Chambers of Xeric as well to those looking to learn raids.

letterbag wrote:
Bing wrote:........

That's good to know! I just stated that since I tried a few CC's before this and this is what some did, but did notice a lack of quality in regards to clan retention since I'll assume we want clan members who provide quality participation.

I was a huge forumer back in 06-08 and coming back after 10 years, I still am. Unfortunately, it used to have thousands of active members and now it's just like... 20.

There's a lot of people looking for clans in the "Looking for a Clan Thread" and was thinking of reaching out to some. We don't necessarily have any entry requirements in regards to recruiting, correct?

I don't see a problem with you reaching out to players in the looking for a clan thread on the forums - but like you said - 'some', not all. Try and see if you can tell from their post if they might be a good fit and feel free to pm them. Thanks for being proactive in advance if you decide to do this Smile
Bing

Clan Recruitment NuD0cpJ

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by letterbag Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:47 pm

Three Dog wrote:Well I'd certainly be on the receiving end of the teaching but you're right that PvMing is massively popular these days. It may be hard to find people wanting to learn that aren't already part of a clan though but I think you're heading in a good direction with the idea.

As for your other question, there's no entry reqs for people wanting to join other than following our rules. Our language policy does often come as a shock to some when they get warned in the cc so I usually try to work that into my recruitment pitch as well so they're aware beforehand. If they're still interested in joining after knowing about our language rule then they're less likely to challenge it after joining in my experience.

There was this part in the CC where someone was asking to Raid with them and a couple people said they would but they didn't know, and then a couple more people interjected that they would as well but they didn't know how. With the increase of players in RS due to the release of mobile, I believe players are just going back to what they're used to doing before quitting. An example is me: Raids came out years after I quit and I have no idea how it works (a little from watching YouTube videos but those are subjective because it's unrealistic seeing maxed accounts with 1b in bank create how-to videos).

I was actually shocked when I learned there was a profanity filter after coming back. After playing RS for years, I got used to not using any swearing so there was no problem for me. Although, if they read the rules section, it shouldn't be hard to ascertain that policy. From my observation, it looks like a little more than half of the people who are warned are apologetic. Whereas the others just leave.
letterbag
letterbag

Back to top Go down

Post by letterbag Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:00 pm

Bing wrote:
letterbag wrote:
Three Dog wrote:......

For the last part I assume you mean taking clannies who don't usually Pvm along and showing them the ropes? This is always a good idea - many times people bring new Pvmers along to God Wars or Dag Kings to teach them the ropes - Chambers of Xeric as well to those looking to learn raids.

letterbag wrote:
Bing wrote:........

I don't see a problem with you reaching out to players in the looking for a clan thread on the forums - but like you said - 'some', not all. Try and see if you can tell from their post if they might be a good fit and feel free to pm them. Thanks for being proactive in advance if you decide to do this Smile

I think we may have an advantage of recruiting from the forums in that thread. I'll look and recruit every time I bump the thread since I'm already there. The 2 that I just recruited seemed surprised how big our CC is and how we actually reached out since no one did so this is good info.
letterbag
letterbag

Back to top Go down

Post by elemntsk8ter Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:47 am

I always find it best to recruit players when working on a skill that you strike up a conversation with. It's nice for them to know that at least one other person is working on similar goals and it helps to see if they're seemingly a good fit. Good to let them know some of our core rules prior to telling them the name of the cc to join. It's always nice to see some of those members sticking around and gaining ranks.

When doing recruitment messages, there are a lot of bad eggs that spoil the environment that our members create and moderators work hard to ensure. Thanks for keeping an eye out on the official forums to bump and recruit. Taking some of your recruits under your wing is also a great way to ensure they feel welcome and fit well within our family. Smile
elemntsk8ter
elemntsk8ter

Clan Recruitment YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodjery Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:43 am

elemntsk8ter wrote:I always find it best to recruit players when working on a skill that you strike up a conversation with. It's nice for them to know that at least one other person is working on similar goals and it helps to see if they're seemingly a good fit.  Good to let them know some of our core rules prior to telling them the name of the cc to join. It's always nice to see some of those members sticking around and gaining ranks.

. Taking some of your recruits under your wing is also a great way to ensure they feel welcome and fit well within our family. Smile

I fully agree with you.

I might be cause I am too old, but the people I like to recruit, though few, are those ones who I might have already played with at the game, and who's attitude in general I see as positive for the clan, either due to their kindness, respect, or willingness to be nice to one another, or due to their skillfullness, wich also comes with a great deal of respect for the others. I don't like too much show off's. LOL for ego- centered people we have life hahaha...

My best to the clannies.

Bod.
Bodjery
Bodjery

Clan Recruitment YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down