Alkane's Moneymaking Methods

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alkane's Moneymaking Methods

Post by Alkane on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Hello and welcome to Alkane's Moneymaking Methods! The aim of this thread will be to present to you some of the more uncommon ways to make a considerable amount of gold per hour. Many of these methods will couple progression in otherwise costly skills along with their profitability, further magnifying their overall utility.

Please note that the profit/hour figures I provide further in this thread are estimates. Always check the profit margins yourself by purchasing a very small quantity of each input and working out the net profit after selling the finished product, multiplying that by the hourly quantity you can produce to determine whether these methods are appropriate and worthwhile at that specific time. With that being said, lets move on to these said methods.

Humidifying Vessels

500k- 1m+ profit,   30-35k Magic xp/hr

Requirements:
. Completion of the Lunar Diplomacy quest, for access to the Lunar Spellbook
. 68 Magic, to be able to cast the spell Humidify
. A Steam battlestaff or Mystic steam staff (no difference between the two) - method is too costly without one for it to be worth doing

Highly Recommended:
. 1m+ starting capital minimum
. Access to a 1 click bank of any kind (Varrock West recommended for its proximity to the Grand Exchange).

Method

Items needed: Jugs (empty) or Clay (read below), Astral runes

We choose whether to humidify Jugs or Clay based on which of the two has a bigger profit margin. Below I'll show an example of exactly how to do this, as without doing it properly you will reduce your profits considerably. Please note this isn't your net profit margin as the price of the Astral rune per invent hasn't yet been taken into account, but it still shows you which item is better to humidify.

Example as of 26/07/15, 01:30 AM BST:

What you do is purchase 1 Clay, pay over the odds ( E.G. +10% over mid) just so it buys straight away. This is the lowest current sell offer on the GE. Now you sell it straight back to the GE for 1gp, to identify what the highest buy offer for clay is at that time. In this case you can see that the highest buy offer is 120 gp.

Next I bought 1 Soft Clay for over the odds, and again sold it for 1gp to again find out the highest buy price and lowest sell price. In this example we can see someone is buying Soft clay for 180gp each, and someone is selling Soft clay for 182gp each. You want to buy your input (Clay or Jug) for as low as possible, which is 1gp above the current highest buy offer, and sell the humidified item (Soft clay or Jug of water) for as high as possible- which is 1gp below the lowest sell offer.

So to work out the margin: '(Soft Clay lowest sell offer -1gp) - (Clay highest buy offer +1gp)' which in this case is 181-121= 60gp margin

Now we do the exact same for Jugs and Jugs of Water and choose the one with the higher margin:

The highest buy offer +1gp is 57gp and is the same as the lowest sell offer, so in this case the jugs will instabuy. The Lowest sell offer -1gp is 98gp. The margin is 41gp, so in this instance you would go with Clay.

To work out the NET Margin, we now purchase an Astral rune (can use the previous method to get them for the cheapest possible price).

With either Steam staff equipped, 1 cast of Humidify only requires an Astral rune, and humidifies everything in your inventory. This means each cast humidifies 27 vessels, therefore you divide the cost of the Astral rune by 27 to work out the cost per Jug/Clay, and then subtract it from the margins we worked out to find the NET Margin aka the actual profit per single input.

139gp/ 27 = 5.1 gp so lets just round that to 6gp and subtract it from our 60gp margin for Clay, meaning we make 54gp profit per Clay. In 1 hour you can humidify 12,000-15,000 vessels if you're concentrating (closer to 12k if watching TV, 15k or even more if just listening to iPod and making minimal mistakes). This means we have a profit of 648k- 810k per hour based on your level of concentration and an additional 29k- 36k+ Magic xp on top of all this profit at the time of me making this guide! When I used this method heavily about 4 months ago the average NET Margin was 60-70gp, and sometimes went into the 100+ range, meaning I was making anything up to 1.5m profit an hour. Jugs of Water are bought in bulk for making Jugs of Wine (400k+ Cooking xp/hr), and Soft Clay is bought to make teletabs, so both these items are easy to sell in bulk once humidified.

Efficiency

I'll now show you the best way to set about casting the most Humidifies per hour possible. At the time I was taking these next screenshots, Jugs of Water had the bigger margin of the two so I bought them instead. Pretend im using Clay as from the example.

Have your Astral runes and input placed exactly where shown, to minimise mouse movement when banking at speed, and a placeholder of the humidified product somewhere away from the other two items so as to not distract you. I just chose to put it in the far left corner in the example, but you can put it somewhere else if you so wish. Keeping your client in fixed mode again means mouse movements will be smaller and therefore faster.

Withdraw just 1 Astral rune and then withdraw "x" Clay/Jugs, and type something like 77777777, as it will be easier to click at speed and is closer than the 'withdraw all' option. Below is a small snapshot of what you'll be repeating. There is a little delay between casting and being able to bank, you learn the timing quickly, I just spam clicked out of laziness  Laughing

So that's all there is to it! A quick tip regarding how many Jugs/Clay to buy, I'd say the best amount is between 10-20k  at a time. Any less and you're bank standing rather than humidifying for the full hour, and any more than 20,000~  you run the risk of prices fluctuating before you've finished Humidifying them all, which makes the margins you've calculated out of date and could instead now be smaller. The good thing about having a decent amount of starting money is the ability to have buy offers for the inputs pending whilst you humidify say 15k items, meaning you have a never ending supply and don't have to wait around.

If you've got this far and haven't yet fallen asleep, I hope my first method was of some use to you. If you did find it helpful please leave me a small message below, as  it took me a few hours to create/draft/format, and if there's sufficient support for it I'll gladly add other methods that have similar profits but train other skills. If you have any questions feel free to ask either on here or if you can catch me ingame. Hopefully banks will be made from this.

-Adrian

Last edited by Alkane on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alkane
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Alkane's Moneymaking Methods

res
Alkane
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

res
Alkane
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkane on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:51 pm

res
Alkane
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

res
Alkane
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

res
Alkane
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkane on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:52 pm

res
Alkane
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

res
Alkane
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Above posts reserved for potential future guides. You may now reply. Smile
Alkane
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Midnight on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:25 am

Hey Alkane!
You did a great job!
I'll certainly link to this guide of yours!

-Kate.
Mrs Midnight
Active Forum Member

mole

Back to top Go down

Post by Greybird on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:18 am

Yeah this looks great, looking forward to reading future updates

Insane Donor

BA

Back to top Go down

Post by Nauticade on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:28 am

Very detailed and helpful guide, good job. Will try this out myself later on!
Nauticade
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Autocrat on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Thanks for the very detailed guide. Just another reason to get 68 Magic and to do the Lunar diplomacy quest. I'll be sure to let you know if/when I test this method out.
Autocrat
Active Forum Member

Spide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:05 pm

great work!

Back to top Go down

Post by hndofblo0d on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:46 am

awesome geeze this is a great guide man keep'm up

hndofblo0d
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by iMew2 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:01 am

May need to use a couple of theese Surprised Very nice
iMew2
$10+ Donor
$10+ Donor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ket Mean on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:13 am

Awesome guide man, look forward to future updates
Ket Mean
$5+ Donor
$5+ Donor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkane on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:41 am

Rumour has it a 2nd method is in the pipeline cyclops Twisted Evil
Alkane
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by calicraig on Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:40 am

great guide, but do you need to complete dream mentor too?
calicraig

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum