App download promt on mobile version of offsite?

4 posters

Go down

App download promt on mobile version of offsite? Empty App download promt on mobile version of offsite?

Post by KingNightfury Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:10 am

So I got this app download promt on the mobile version of the offsite, was just wondering what it’s for if it’s safe and if our forums can be accessed through said app, if anyone knows I’d like to hear from you. The app is called TOPIC’IT App download promt on mobile version of offsite? B53b6110
The promt is at the very top of the screenshot
KingNightfury

App download promt on mobile version of offsite? YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

App download promt on mobile version of offsite? Empty Re: App download promt on mobile version of offsite?

Post by elemntsk8ter Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 am

If i'm not mistaken, these forums are hosted through Topic'it. You're able to sign into the forums either through Topic'it credentials, or local forum credentials. But since I can't confirm and that's just my hunch.. I'd continue to just use the web.
elemntsk8ter
elemntsk8ter

Back to top Go down

App download promt on mobile version of offsite? Empty Re: App download promt on mobile version of offsite?

Post by KingNightfury Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:42 am

elemntsk8ter wrote:If i'm not mistaken, these forums are hosted through Topic'it. You're able to sign into the forums either through Topic'it credentials, or local forum credentials. But since I can't confirm and that's just my hunch.. I'd continue to just use the web.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking as well, but like you said I’ll wait till someone can 100% confirm this before I even think of trying the app. The app itself has horrible reviews so I doubt I’ll even use it if it’s safe..
KingNightfury

Back to top Go down

Post by elemntsk8ter Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:47 am

Code:
</script><script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
var _gaq = _gaq || [];_gaq.push(["_setAccount", "UA-63436014-1"]);_gaq.push(["_trackPageview"]);_gaq.push(['_trackPageLoadTime']);(function() {var ga = document.createElement("script"); ga.type = "text/javascript"; ga.async = true;ga.src = ("https:" == document.location.protocol ? "https://ssl" : "http://www") + ".google-analytics.com/ga.js";var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);})();//]]></script><meta property="al:android:package" content="net.topicit.android" />
<meta property="al:android:url" content="topicit://www.osrsadvice.com/?location=home" />
<meta property="al:android:app_name" content="Topic'it" />
<meta property="al:ios:url" content="topicit://www.osrsadvice.com/?location=home" />
<meta property="al:ios:app_store_id" content="1272582179" />
<meta property="al:ios:app_name" content="Topic'it" />
<meta name="twitter:app:id:iphone" content="1272582179" />
<meta name="twitter:app:url:iphone" content="topicit://www.osrsadvice.com/?location=home" />
<meta name="twitter:app:id:ipad" content="1272582179" />
<meta name="twitter:app:url:ipad" content="topicit://www.osrsadvice.com/?location=home" />
<meta name="twitter:app:id:googleplay" content="net.topicit.android" />
<meta name="twitter:app:url:googleplay" content="topicit://www.osrsadvice.com/?location=home" />

This is located in the <head> portion of the website. So, I think it confirms my suspicions, but based on reviews, it's not worth using regardless of the answer.
elemntsk8ter
elemntsk8ter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:26 pm

While I don't think it's malicious, just another generic forum-viewing app, I wouldn't personally use it regardless. I've seen it pop up on a number of different forums designed for multiple interests - IT forums, game forums, etc.

As far as safety, apps are meant to be reviewed and approved on the Apple app store last I checked (though take that with a grain of salt, things still slip through) and the forum-viewing apps are usually just meant to make navigation easier, sometimes you can customize visuals, etc. but in my experience they're generally too buggy to be worth it and end up being more of a hassle.

AKA OSRS Advice

AKA Bearadomin

AKA Bearrows

AKA King Bear

Bear
Bear

App download promt on mobile version of offsite? OTXfGgg

Back to top Go down

Post by Advice Bot Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:10 am

Yes, they are our host. I still prefer using the web version as I've not spent much time on making the site app-friendly (visually speaking).
Advice Bot

App download promt on mobile version of offsite? EXUiqne

Bot

Back to top Go down