+4
Nauticade
M Lucas
WeaknSilly
LonelyPeppz
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FAQ - Clan Combat Training Guide. Empty FAQ - Clan Combat Training Guide.

Post by Mrs Midnight Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:18 am

This Guide has been linked to from the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions.

Combat:

-Melee

(The guide has been divided into sections, being: Free to Play & Pay to Play. These two sections themselves will be split up into categories of levels to optimize functionality and experience gain.)

For both "Free to Play" and "Pay to Play" you will level these skills in the same order.
The order being: Attack > Strength > Defence until you've built up a decent accuracy for your hits.
And: Strength > Attack > Defence after getting a decent level of attack.
The reasoning behind this is as follows:
-Attack increases your accuracy, or the amount of times you'll actually hit your opponent.
-Strength increases the amount of damage dealt to your opponent.
-Defence obviously increases your defence and decreases the amount of damage inflicted upon you.

In other words: Being able to deal a lot of damage isn't that useful if your attacks rarely hit.
The order eventually changes when you find yourself hitting your opponents often enough.
This is to increase your damage output first, and later increase your accuracy more.

1. Free to Play:

-Att/Str/Def Levels 1 - 20: Rats and Spiders (no drops.) or Cows. (drops: meat, bones, cowhides.)
All of these creatures are found around Lumbridge.
FAQ - Clan Combat Training Guide. Faq_gu11

-Att/Str/Def Levels 21 - 39: Frogs
level: 5, Big Frogs level: 10 and Giant Frogs level: 13. (drops: bones.)
These frogs are found in the Lumbridge Swamp, south of Lumbridge Castle. Do not underestimate these frogs by their levels, they've got a great amount of hitpoints. (8hp for the Frogs, 18hp for the Big Frogs and 23hp for the Giant Frogs.) They are truly the Rock Crabs and Yaks of F2P Runescape.
It's advised for lower levels to bring a Small Fishing Net and any Hatchet to catch and cook shrimp to use as food.
FAQ - Clan Combat Training Guide. Faq_gu12
2. Pay to Play:

-Magic

1. Free to Play:

Magic Levels 1 - 13: Wind strike (Cost: 1 air rune, 1 mind rune per cast.)
It is highly recommended to train on the imprisoned Black Knight, held in the Port Sarim Jail. (drops: bones.)
The Black Knight has a relatively high level of 33 and a hitpoints level of 42.
The Black Knight is clad in Black Armour which is vulnerable to magic attacks enabling you to score higher hits.

Magic Levels 13 -39: Fire Strike (Cost: 3 fire runes, 2 air runes, 1 mind rune per cast.)
Fire strike is recommended for its higher hit-potential enabling a faster experience gain.
If it is within your price range it's advised to move on to Wind Bolt (Cost: 2 air runes, 1 chaos rune per cast.) at level 17, followed by Fire Bolts (4 fire runes, 3 air runes, 1 chaos rune per cast.) once you've achieved a magic level of 35.
Yet again, the imprisoned Black Knight is a great training target although you may wish to move on to the Moss Giants down in Varrock Sewers if you're using Fire Bolt. The Moss Giants may be safespotted.
It is not advised to train on Moss Giants before you're able to use Fire Bolt.
(Note: it's to be mentioned that the bolt spells, although faster, are also considerably more expensive with chaos runes easily costing around 100gp each.)

Magic Level 39+: Crumble Undead (Cost: 2 air runes, 2 earth runes, 1 chaos rune per cast.)
Crumble Undead is a spell designed to hit hard against the undead as the name suggests.
Max hits for this spell are calculated by the following formula: 10 + the first digit of your magic level. (at magic level 39 this would result in a max hit of 13.)
Due to the high hitting numbers this spell will effectively train your magic and hitpoints well.
The suggested location is yet again the Varrock Sewers. In these sewers is a group of Skeletons separated by water allowing easy acces to decent kills without having to worry about your own health. (Note: by training in the Varrock Sewers you won't receive any drops unless you bring Telegrab. (Cost: 1 air rune, 1 law rune.) This is expensive and we therefore do not suggest it.)

Training in this fashion will be click intensive as there is no F2P method for autocasting Crumble Undead.

Magic Levels 43 - 55:
Starting from level 43 you will be able to cast Superheat Ore. (Cost: 4 fire runes, 1 nature rune.)
It is NOT advised to use this method if you desire a maximum experience gain, yet there are other reasons for training magic using this method.
For one, using this spell you will level both Magic and Smithing!
But the functionality of this method does not end here.
If you decide to train your Mining up to Level 55 you will be able to mine Mithril Ore.
Just wield your Rune Pickaxe and mine the required ores for 1 Mithril Bar. (1 Mithril Ore, 4 Coal.)
Once you have the ores smelt them with your Superheat Ore spell, rinse and repeat!
The perfect set-up for this method would be: a Rune Pickaxe which you wield (also requires 40 attack!) and as many of the required runes as you can. which would occupy 2 spots of your inventory.)
You will be able to smelt 26 Mithril Bars before banking allowing you to make money as well!
1 mithril bar is currently around 1k each and with the cost of a nature rune per cast you'll profit 700gp for each bar, or 18,2k!
Great locations for training with this method are South of Lumbridge Swamp and the Mining Guild.

2. Pay to Play:

-Ranged

1. Free to Play:

2. Pay to Play:

This Guide is meant to be written and optimized by the clan for the clan and is thus a work in progress.

Last edited by Mrs Midnight on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:03 am; edited 6 times in total
Mrs Midnight
Mrs Midnight

FAQ - Clan Combat Training Guide. YP5zkAJ

mole

Back to top Go down

FAQ - Clan Combat Training Guide. Empty Low Level Free-to-Play Magic

Post by LonelyPeppz Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:19 pm

I have a suggestion for early level Magic for Free-to-Play Smile

Levels 1 - 13: Wind Strike (1 air 1 mind per cast). I would highly recommend training on the Black Knight which is held in the Port Sarim Jail. The reason for this is because he is wearing metal armour he is weak to magic attacks. Because of this he is easier to hit harder and more often.

Levels 13 - 39: Fire Strike (3 fire 2 air 1 mind per cast). I would recommend moving to Fire Strike as soon as you hit level 13 because it hits much higher than Wind Strike and earns you more exp.  If you can afford it or money isn't an issue than move to Wind Bolt (2 air 1 chaos per cast) at level 17 and then Fire Bolt (4 fire 3 air 1 chaos per cast) at 35. (Note: once you are past level 17 you can cast Bolt spells which gives more exp however you will need Chaos runes which may get expensive quickly.)

Well that's all I got for the moment, planning to update as I work on my own magic level Smile
LonelyPeppz.
LonelyPeppz
LonelyPeppz

Back to top Go down

FAQ - Clan Combat Training Guide. Empty Re: FAQ - Clan Combat Training Guide.

Post by Mrs Midnight Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:23 am

These are amazing tips Peppz!
I'll add them to the guide!
Mrs Midnight
Mrs Midnight

mole

Back to top Go down

Post by WeaknSilly Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:01 am

Suggestion for magic p2p -
66 - 80 make air orbs for money/xp it;s roughly 50k xp per hour and about 400k gp per hour
80 - 99 ( or what ever level you are going for) stun alch, this is by far the fastest magic xp per hour 150k p/h also you should be able to pay for it from all the money you have made from air orbs Razz.
WeaknSilly
WeaknSilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Midnight Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:17 am

Thanks bloodyhands!
Mrs Midnight
Mrs Midnight

mole

Back to top Go down

Post by M Lucas Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:22 am

Holy Grail & Waterfall Quests are good quests with little to no requirements to earn some combat experience for p2p
M Lucas

FAQ - Clan Combat Training Guide. U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Nauticade Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:38 am

Fight Arena is also an easy quest with little to no requirements and gives good attack+thieving exp for a low level player.

--------------------

Experiments (Creature of Fenkenstrain quest required for access) are good combat exp. They do no damage (once in a blue moon they hit for 1) and gives you 400 exp per monster in the attack style you are using. Be wary they give no loot so this is purely for the exp. You won't waste any food at all killing them. I personally trained there from 50-75 in every melee combat skill, but you can definitely train there earlier.

Another good monster to kill is Rock crab, they have a lot of HP and low defence. The place is almost always crowded though, and I don't have any personal experience with these. Their loot is total crap so it's also just for the exp. Might have to bring some food while you kill them, if you are a low level. This training method is for all combat levels.
Nauticade
Nauticade

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Midnight Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:54 pm

Thanks Ag and Naut for your additions!
Quests are to be added to the Quest section of the main FAQ thread, I will think of a way to add both of your suggestions there.

Naut, the experiments and rock crabs are great suggestions!
You're right though, they're a terrible grind. I might also add Yaks and Spiders etc.

We'll see! Very Happy

Mrs Midnight
Mrs Midnight

mole

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:05 pm

nice work!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LonelyPeppz Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:25 am

Guess what, I'm back! Back to add some more stuff to the F2P magic section Smile

This is where it gets complicated, because past level 39 a few options open up and I will list what I would do or recommend doing.
First recommendation (this is BEST for experience): Crumble Undead (2 earth 2 air 1 chaos per cast). Crumble Undead is a spell designed to hit undead creatures (ghosts, skeletons, etc.) hard. You will hit 10+ often using this spell regardless of Magic level. So this is great experience for Hitpoints as well. Go down to the Varrock Sewers, take the left-hand path and you will find yourself facing some skeletons separated from you by small section of water. These are going to be your targets for this spell. This is going to be click intensive because F2P does not have the option to auto-cast Crumble Undead like P2P does. However with all the Magic and Hitpoints experience you will be gaining, how does that clicking matter? Razz

Second recommendation (Note: this is NOT good magic experience, but there are good reasons as to why you should do it). 43 - 55: Superheat Ore (4 fire 1 nature per cast): If you have 55+ mining and 50+ smithing then I would highly recommend mining ores and smelting them using Superheat Ore. An example of this is Mithril. The best spot for Mithril is either South-West of Lumbridge Swamp or Mining Guild. You simply mine the requirements for your bar of choice (for mithril it's 4 coal and 1 mithril) and use Superheat Ore to make them into bars. It's important to reiterate that this is NOT fast experience however you will be training Mining, Magic and Smithing. There aren't many opportunities to train three skills at once!  Another reason to do it is money. For 24-25 Mithril bars per inventory that's approximately 25K (current price of mith bars is ~1K). Even when you buy the nature runes required for this spell you are still making ~700gp profit PER BAR. You can also do this for lower level bars (like Gold or Steel) however it is difficult to find spots where all the ores required are in the same spot like for Mithril and Adamant. So as an alternative you could mine a ton of ore and then just do this method while sitting in any bank Smile

The best option is to probably switch between these two suggestions. The first is great xp and the second is great money, so it would help break the grind because they are very different Smile

That's all I have for now, more to come as I work through my own Magic training.
Hope you are enjoying what I have got so far Smile
LonelyPeppz
LonelyPeppz
LonelyPeppz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Midnight Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:45 am

Thanks Peppz! will add it all soon!
I'm truly grateful for your additions! they're great!
Mrs Midnight
Mrs Midnight

mole

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Midnight Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:42 am

coloured sections test, personally not really a fan. it does split the sections better but it results in a not-so easy read.
Thoughts?
Mrs Midnight
Mrs Midnight

mole

Back to top Go down

Post by Nauticade Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:56 am

Same, not really a fan of colored text.
Nauticade
Nauticade

Back to top Go down

Post by Autocrat Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:09 am

It makes it very difficult to read. First look at it honestly discouraged me because of the colour of the text. I had to highlight the text with my mouse and then I read it. Its a nice guide but I think adding screenshots would help. I actually spent quite a bit of time looking through my computer for screenshots of earlier levels but unfortunately I couldn't find them or else I'd helped you with that.
Also I think you should mention more than one methods to gain experience/train and then mention the pros and cons of each methods.
I'll get back to you when I have any other ideas. Hope I helped.
Autocrat
Autocrat

FAQ - Clan Combat Training Guide. IIyCd

Spide

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Midnight Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:12 am

For some reason I may only thank 1 person... lol?
Anyhow I thank you all!
I wil remove the coloured texts, I do dislike it.
I will try out some of these methods even if my skills are higher.
and I will provide screenshots!

Thanks!
Mrs Midnight
Mrs Midnight

mole

Back to top Go down

Post by Kletza Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:12 am

1-13 magic f2p tyou could do the imp catcher quest Smile
Kletza

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Midnight Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:24 am

I had completely forgotten quests..........
I will link to the quest section of the FAQ with recommended quests.
Thanks Kletza!
Mrs Midnight
Mrs Midnight

mole

Back to top Go down

Post by Kletza Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:25 am

http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Quest_Experience_Rewards

this has all the quest experience rewards and skill req for each quest maybe helpful
Kletza

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Midnight Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks a lot!
Mrs Midnight
Mrs Midnight

mole

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:15 am

Good Guide.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next