In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Go down

In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by runtellthat4 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:42 am

As one of the owners of ORSR Advice CC I am always interested in what our newer members think....I would like to hear a few things like how did you find us...and once you visited our CC what helped you decide to stay with us....We try to do our best to make our clan welcoming and understand some of our rules are off putting to some...but we have been successful so far in creating a respectful,safe and non toxic environment to help you enjoy your play...
We are always listening for ways to better our Clan.....

runtellthat4
Active Forum Member

Posts : 1001
Reputation : 25
Age : 67
Join date : 2015-02-19


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by greggo on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:14 am

I was looking for a CC to join a few weeks ago and I happened upon osrs advice. I believe it was through a reddit post mentioning several different CCs. So yeah, I love it here. Everyone is mature and friendly, exactly what I was looking for. Hope to be here for a long while and contribute.
avatar
greggo
Active Forum Member

Posts : 94
Reputation : 11
Age : 25
Join date : 2018-05-25


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by mmmBetty on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:58 am

I've been in and out since I started in dec and decided to finally stay after getting a lot of help from the cc since I haven't played since 2012.

One thing I would say is everyone always seems a bit too ready to argue, which is fine, everyone has a different opinion. But when the argument goes on for 2 hours about something petty like a difference of opinion about say rs3 or some other IRL thing, then I tend to not bother reading chat if only every 10th message is actually cc related.

Other than that it's great and hope to hang around.
avatar
mmmBetty
Active Forum Member

Posts : 63
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2018-04-28


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by runtellthat4 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:00 pm

This is something I have alerted our moderators about...there was question about not breaking rules discussed and I made clear keeping chat flowing was their #1 priority..

runtellthat4
Active Forum Member

Posts : 1001
Reputation : 25
Age : 67
Join date : 2015-02-19


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by Autocrat on Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:33 pm

If you feel people are arguing instead of discussing, feel free to pm one of the mods online. We try to step in as much as possible without making us the reason for stopping the chat from flowing.

As Run pointed out keeping the chat flowing is our priority and we have been doing a good job of it. Our environment in CC is alot better than many of the CCs in osrs. There are always improvements that can be made. This post is for that and if you want to discuss something feel free to pm us.

Also just to add in the end, I personally don't want the mod presence to be overbearing. We don't like kicking people. We take no pleasure out of it. That's why we warn first.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback Very Happy
avatar
Autocrat
Active Forum Member

Posts : 1204
Reputation : 66
Join date : 2015-07-24

Spide


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by HC Vespolar on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:42 am

I'm not a new member but what keeps me active is mainly the clanmates themselves and the helpful atmosphere.If I ask a simple question I never get a "just google it" response or anything. I get a few answers quickly. I also like helping people as well. If it wasnt for this clan, I would have not come back to the game and keep playing today. I love this clan <3
avatar
HC Vespolar
$20+ Donor
$20+ Donor

Posts : 57
Reputation : 1
Age : 25
Join date : 2016-09-05


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by SoraSpirit on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:36 pm

@runtellthat4 wrote:As one of the owners of ORSR Advice CC I am always interested in what our newer members think....I would like to hear a few things like how did you find us...and once you visited our CC what helped you decide to stay with us....We try to do our best to make our clan welcoming and understand some of our rules are off putting to some...but we have been successful so far in creating a respectful,safe and non toxic environment to help you enjoy your play...
We are always listening for ways to better our Clan.....

Idk if you can still consider me a "new" member - but I found out about you guys on some random thread on Reddit. I had just started putting my foot back into the RS waters at the time. From the moment I said my first "Hi all, i've just come back after an 8 year hiatus" I felt so welcomed by everyone online at the time, it was honestly touching.

Especially when you consider that I had no friends online at the time (logging on before I found you guys really, just made me sad), it's like I walked right into a new family. That's why I stayed, and you guys played a big part in me coming back to RuneScape.

Nothing really puts me off, but if we could all work together to limit how many people warn 1 person about "language".. I think that'd help Razz

All in all, you guys have done a 200/10 job of creating a great environment.
avatar
SoraSpirit

Posts : 23
Reputation : 3
Age : 23
Join date : 2017-12-06


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by Dream Deeply on Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:04 am

Friendly atmosphere, there is always someone to chime in with knowledge you need, the clan chat is well moderated any spam/rule breaking is usually quickly dealt with appropriately. Last weeks big event was a lot of fun I'd love to see more hide and seek and catch the culprit games it's a good excuse to get everyone together.

I see the topic of a discord being discussed by newer members occasionally and whilst it's something I'd personally like to see (even if it was just a text only discord) I appreciate it is another place that would need moderating and understand that moderators want to play the game just like us and not spend time putting out more fires.
avatar
Dream Deeply

Posts : 41
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2018-05-03


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by Bing on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:59 pm

Great posts everyone, thank you for sharing!

@SoraSpirit wrote:
Idk if you can still consider me a "new" member - but I found out about you guys on some random thread on Reddit. I had just started putting my foot back into the RS waters at the time. From the moment I said my first "Hi all, i've just come back after an 8 year hiatus" I felt so welcomed by everyone online at the time, it was honestly touching.

Especially when you consider that I had no friends online at the time (logging on before I found you guys really, just made me sad), it's like I walked right into a new family. That's why I stayed, and you guys played a big part in me coming back to RuneScape.

Nothing really puts me off, but if we could all work together to limit how many people warn 1 person about "language".. I think that'd help Razz

All in all, you guys have done a 200/10 job of creating a great environment.

Love hearing about new members feeling welcomed when they first join! Very Happy

A good point as well about the language warnings - although not the easiest thing to address, short of implementing something such as only certain ranks can warn etc. I know many members try and make an effort to word it a little different than just 'language', which I personally appreciate, as I have heard people express that the barrage of 'language' warnings can feel a bit cold.
avatar
Bing
Active Forum Member

Posts : 279
Reputation : 20
Age : 24
Join date : 2017-11-13


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by Dream Deeply on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:15 am

Just to add my 2 cents to occasional barrage of "language!" , I feel like this is a trickle down effect. If ranked members took the effort to be more explanatory/friendly like "@Mr rude please watch your language/behaviour" if further explanation is required refer them to specific rule they are breaking or direct them to the list of rules on the forum or front page here.

Also I don't know how much activity the Plug DJ channel gets through out the week but I think it would really fun if we had a organised day where we all jumped in to share our musical tastes, we may not be able to meet up every week but we could jam to the same tunes.
avatar
Dream Deeply

Posts : 41
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2018-05-03


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by runtellthat4 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:08 am

As odd at it seems I tend to welcome language warnings coming from the body of clan instead of warnings from Moderators....warnings for language by moderators are too often met with resistance and lead to arguments about our rules.....reminders from the body of Clan seem to be better accepted ( and listened to) and show overall acceptance of our language rules...
It Baffled me why it was this way...but over time have simply accepted that it works better...Go figure....

runtellthat4
Active Forum Member

Posts : 1001
Reputation : 25
Age : 67
Join date : 2015-02-19


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by Dream Deeply on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:12 am

@runtellthat4 wrote:As odd at it seems I tend to welcome language warnings coming from the body of clan instead of warnings from ranks....warnings for language by ranks are too often met with resistance and lead to arguments about our rules.....reminders from the body of Clan seem to be better accepted ( and listened to) and show overall acceptance of our language rules...
It Baffled me why it was this way...but over time have simply accepted that it works better...Go figure....


Interesting I was expecting the exact opposite response guess it's just one of those things you figure out from time and experience.
avatar
Dream Deeply

Posts : 41
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2018-05-03


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by Autocrat on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:46 am

I mean I agree with you partially. If it's someone new I actually feel bad if he does get bombarded for breaking the language rule seeing as he doesnt know the rules yet. In general I try to type out the whole thing but i can understand why people simply type language as it is easier and if someone keeps breaking the rule simply saying language should get the point across.

Thanks for the feedback
avatar
Autocrat
Active Forum Member

Posts : 1204
Reputation : 66
Join date : 2015-07-24

Spide


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by ladybird2 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:19 pm

If I simply type language, its probably to someone who has either been in cc a while, so does know the rules, or has been warned before in the last couple of days, to my knowledge. There is no way to monitor how many people will react, if any, and when in play whether they will be less blunt, or stick to 'language' as they are busy.
I too appreciate the fact that lots of people who are in the clan will speak up regardless of rank, and I find myself missing a beat or two in the hope that they may react so I don't have to. In response to the helpful comments on here, I now tend to say 'language please' in the hope that sounds less hostile.

ladybird2
Active Forum Member

Posts : 849
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2015-06-08

ladybird


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by aGnome on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:39 am

Not to write an essay. It was a simple as this.

Joined for the Advice
Stayed for the community

As far as improvements;
Maybe a Bossing/Raids Section in the offsite. I would love to start being able to Boss with the clannies
avatar
aGnome
Active Forum Member

Posts : 58
Reputation : 1
Age : 26
Join date : 2016-04-26


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by runtellthat4 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:08 pm

We actually do have a thread in OSRS HOME section devoted to finding PVM partners and let others know you are interest... check it out and have fun..

runtellthat4
Active Forum Member

Posts : 1001
Reputation : 25
Age : 67
Join date : 2015-02-19


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by Autocrat on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:33 pm

@aGnome wrote:Not to write an essay. It was a simple as this.

Joined for the Advice
Stayed for the community

As far as improvements;
Maybe a Bossing/Raids Section in the offsite. I would love to start being able to Boss with the clannies

Like run said, we do have a bossing section. But with that said, you will have to find friends similar level to boss with yourself. It's unfortunate that but it is the truth. There's a reason for that:

Most of the players in the clan are lower level which is understandable. People come here looking for advice and not for Pvm tbh, that's just how it is. We do have a few people that pvm in the clan. Joining them is difficult though. You'll have to ask people to actually PvM with you.

And we did make a bossing section on offsite, you know how active that is. It didn't really work Razz

avatar
Autocrat
Active Forum Member

Posts : 1204
Reputation : 66
Join date : 2015-07-24

Spide


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by aGnome on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:08 am

@Autocrat wrote:
@aGnome wrote:Not to write an essay. It was a simple as this.

Joined for the Advice
Stayed for the community

As far as improvements;
Maybe a Bossing/Raids Section in the offsite. I would love to start being able to Boss with the clannies

Like run said, we do have a bossing section. But with that said, you will have to find friends similar level to boss with yourself. It's unfortunate that but it is the truth. There's a reason for that:

Most of the players in the clan are lower level which is understandable. People come here looking for advice and not for Pvm tbh, that's just how it is. We do have a few people that pvm in the clan. Joining them is difficult though. You'll have to ask people to actually PvM with you.

And we did make a bossing section on offsite, you know how active that is. It didn't really work Razz


Cool, I went and added my name to the PVM list, so hopefully I get more invites =]
avatar
aGnome
Active Forum Member

Posts : 58
Reputation : 1
Age : 26
Join date : 2016-04-26


Back to top Go down

Re: In trying to understand the pulse of our clan....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum