A NOOBS REQUEST: HOW DO I SURVIVE IN THE WILDERNESS?

Go down

A NOOBS REQUEST: HOW DO I SURVIVE IN THE WILDERNESS?

Post by Dream Deeply on Sun May 13, 2018 12:58 am

I have very little knowledge of PK'ing, I am woefully ignorant of the Wildy multi areas and PK hot spots and any time I'm attacked I feel like I've just made that fatal mistake of not pray switching on Jad and proceed to run around pulling levers, slashing webs and climbing ladders in  the hopes that it will lead to my escape.
I need to learn to be comfortable and in control in the Wilderness if I'm ever going to earn my achievement cape.

I've found it hard to find many resources on Wildy Survival for beginners so if you have any information, guides, videos etc. I'd be particularly interested in knowing how to properly react then attacked by a small group of PK'ers.

Thanks Guys I appreciate anything you want to contribute.
Dream Deeply

Back to top Go down

Re: A NOOBS REQUEST: HOW DO I SURVIVE IN THE WILDERNESS?

Post by Moon Light on Sun May 13, 2018 12:18 pm

Moon Light
$20+ Donor
$20+ Donor

serp

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Ross on Sun May 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Thanks for linking Moon!

When it comes to the wildnerness, map knowledge is quite important, I usually have half my screen the image above, and the other half my client.

What helps me the most in combat is watching others play then putting it to practice. The best way to understand a PKer is being one lol..

Low risk pking is a great way to practice, as you're not worried about loosing your items. Dont be discouraged if you die 10+ times B2B eventually you will grow more comfortable!

Matt Ross
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dream Deeply on Sun May 13, 2018 10:20 pm

Thanks, I also found this showing monster spawns and other useful things. I think I'll end up using them both.

Last edited by ComaOS on Mon May 14, 2018 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Dream Deeply

Back to top Go down

Post by Dream Deeply on Sun May 13, 2018 10:25 pm

@Matt Ross wrote:Thanks for linking Moon!

When it comes to the wildnerness, map knowledge is quite important, I usually have half my screen the image above, and the other half my client.

What helps me the most in combat is watching others play then putting it to practice. The best way to understand a PKer is being one lol..

Low risk pking is a great way to practice, as you're not worried about loosing your items. Dont be discouraged if you die 10+ times B2B eventually you will grow more comfortable!

This is a great idea I'll start setting aside some practice money, is there anything you think I should focus on first as I know there are so many intricacies to PK'ing.
Dream Deeply

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokandur on Tue May 15, 2018 1:07 am

If you're under 30 Wildy you want to carry 2 sara brews and an amulet of glory.

-When you get attacked, if you're not teleblocked, use the amulet of glory tele
-If you are teleblocked, you need to run to the closest single combat monster and use the sara brews until you have 1 attack and strength. Then you just box the monster until the teleblock wears off and you can tele.

-Best thing to do is get a lead on them, the easiest way to escape is just to pray mage as you run away and hope the entangles/barrages don't land. When they do land, switch the range straight.
- When you have a lead on them and they can't attack you, click on the minimap as far as you can and just spam click the log out button. Then hop worlds, wait a few minutes and run back to edgeville.
-If you're worried about getting pked again, hop to an f2p world and run in.

-Using stairs/cave entrances etc is a good way to trick someone and get a lead on them, remember a lead is only like 6-7 squares so it doesn't take much to get one and log.

Good luck.

Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bing on Tue May 15, 2018 6:00 pm

@Lokandur wrote:If you're under 30 Wildy you want to carry 2 sara brews and an amulet of glory.

-When you get attacked, if you're not teleblocked, use the amulet of glory tele
-If you are teleblocked, you need to run to the closest single combat monster and use the sara brews until you have 1 attack and strength. Then you just box the monster until the teleblock wears off and you can tele.

-Best thing to do is get a lead on them, the easiest way to escape is just to pray mage as you run away and hope the entangles/barrages don't land. When they do land, switch the range straight.
- When you have a lead on them and they can't attack you, click on the minimap as far as you can and just spam click the log out button. Then hop worlds, wait a few minutes and run back to edgeville.
-If you're worried about getting pked again, hop to an f2p world and run in.

-Using stairs/cave entrances etc is a good way to trick someone and get a lead on them, remember a lead is only like 6-7 squares so it doesn't take much to get one and log.

Good luck.

Very helpful tips Lok, thanks!

Nice thread Coma, others will benefit from it as well Very Happy
Bing
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum