Post by Zed Main on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:21 am

Opinions?

Shoutout to rods of god for killing it within ~10 mins of the update Very Happy
Zed Main
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Re: New Garg Boss

Post by Gaydan on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:08 am

I did something like 50 kills the day after its release. It took around 6 kills for me to really get the hang of it and get more than 3 kills per inventory. I tried playing around after that, bringing guthans, using karils top over blessed dhide body, ditching d hally as spec and speccing with blowpipe, and I pretty much just tried it all.

My overall opinion is that the boss is mechanically more work for what kind of feels like lesser payoff. The average kill is probably 40k or so, but each kill takes 3-5 minutes. In 3-5 minutes, you can kill at 6-10 normal gargoyles, which have common alchable drops that can amount to 40k quickly. Economically- not worth it.

Having not done any bosses that really have mechanics, I enjoyed learning how to do them. The only other bosses I've done are mole, kraken, KBD, and dags, most of which are pray and point and click. Guardians have phase changes, special moves, and quick-time events. I felt like I was learning more about pray switching and becoming better at it (I play on a laptop so I have a trackpad and no hotkeys bound). For the fun, learning, and mechanics- good boss.

Lastly, collecting granite dust for future cannoning and also trying for pet is something that interests me, and if I get a few cores along the way, that's okay with me.

Overall- 6.5/10
Gaydan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alerio on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:39 pm

I really enjoy it, I like how mechanics are somewhere between easy and hard, to give newcomers a chance at learning pvm. With that being said, the kills just take too long. I would do boss if I was grinding for a pet or just wanna change it up a bit, but not in the long run. No one really wants to do a 10 hour task, without the chance of making mills.
Alerio
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GTS Lord on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:10 pm

it is useless if you are ironman though. Razz unless you are hunting pets! Razz

Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down