I miss flying redbirds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I miss flying redbirds

Post by runtellthat4 on Fri May 19, 2017 6:38 pm

While I dont think many liked randoms..it seemed like they always came at inappropriate times...Still I do miss the damaged pick and axe heads..the disappearing heads was always kinda cool....
In case you dont know what a flying redbird is..it is the head of Dragon axe when it came off.. when strangers were around there was a rush to retrieve it.

For anyone that has played for a while there has to be cute little things that you miss.. What do you miss..tell us

runtellthat4
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Re: I miss flying redbirds

Post by OSRS Hailey on Fri May 19, 2017 9:57 pm

I used to spend hours playing Fist of Guthix on dial up.. And every time a phone call would come in, I would disconnect, and my opponent would win. At the time, I was so frustrated. But even so, it was one element of the game that I could find joy doing for hours on end! Am sad that it is not in OSRS!

On a side note... we really do take our internet speed for granted.. I can't imagine having to scape for a week on dial up!
OSRS Hailey
Insane Donor
Insane Donor

ely

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri May 19, 2017 10:04 pm

I'd have to agree with Fist of Guthix being a fond memory.. I was such a noob that I just did it to have fun with the different kinds of spells because I didn't have the money to actually be able to cast them with runes. Also miss how packed Castle Wars was Sad
Three Dog
Insane Donor
Insane Donor

Back to top Go down

Post by Autocrat on Sat May 20, 2017 4:36 am

@OSRS Hailey wrote:I used to spend hours playing Fist of Guthix on dial up.. And every time a phone call would come in, I would disconnect, and my opponent would win. At the time, I was so frustrated. But even so, it was one element of the game that I could find joy doing for hours on end! Am sad that it is not in OSRS!

On a side note... we really do take our internet speed for granted.. I can't imagine having to scape for a week on dial up!

I remember dial up -.- Every time a phone call came I'd disconnect so I would just remove the wire from the phone. I don't know about you guys but I really enjoyed dungeoneering. I was mostly f2p back then and dungeoneering seemed likely the coolest content available to f2p. I never reached a high enough level but nevertheless I enjoyed it a lot.
Autocrat
Active Forum Member

Spide

Back to top Go down

Post by BitBug on Sat May 20, 2017 8:28 am

I sorta liked the combat skilling randoms, like tree spirits and the sea trolls, they were always way higher cmb than you so it was a challange to kill them.

Also they had useful drops if my memory serves me right, tree spirit used to drop rune axes which were bonk back in the day.
BitBug
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alerio on Sun May 21, 2017 3:58 am

I miss two things which I used to play for hours in rs2. Dungeoneering and stealing creation.

I loved dungeoneering and got 120 as one of the first in my country (Denmark) and I would love to see it in OSRS. Same goes for Stealing creation, which was a very fun mini-game to play with a lot of clan members.
Now I do definitely not support the rewards that were given, but i'm sure they can come up with something different more osrs, while keeping the same gameplay - heck I would play it without rewards.
Alerio

Back to top Go down

Post by BitBug on Sun May 21, 2017 7:04 am

@Alerio wrote:I miss two things which I used to play for hours in rs2. Dungeoneering and stealing creation.

I loved dungeoneering and got 120 as one of the first in my country (Denmark) and I would love to see it in OSRS. Same goes for Stealing creation, which was a very fun mini-game to play with a lot of clan members.
Now I do definitely not support the rewards that were given, but i'm sure they can come up with something different more osrs, while keeping the same gameplay - heck I would play it without rewards.

it's a shame that making sc would take so much model and engine work... I would love to see that minigame make it to osrs
BitBug
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 on Sun May 21, 2017 11:51 am

I loved soul wars and got 99 pray there free. It was fun to challenge high level clan leaders who used to stand around and expect to be immune whilst they called the shots. I loved using seercull against the mages, and throwing furry handbags at those getting bandages, it wasn't all serious, some people who played were really up for fun. The worst part was the waiting time to get into games, and they never resolved that, it also helped to belong to the clan that currently 'ran ' the game and get good calls.

ladybird2
Active Forum Member

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by eoinc on Mon May 22, 2017 1:05 am

I never played this game before october 2015. I didn't think i'd get into it so much, but here i am. While there are some games that are not the best, like anything in the mage training arena, the games that bring the community together are truly great, like BA. I'm looking forward to the new stuff that they're making, but i'll still love the stuff i'm used to now.
eoinc

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum